New Borderlands 3 Hotfix Update Coming Today; Full Patch Notes Revealed
Gearbox is steadily working on Borderlands 3's game feel and stability.
Another hotfix update is coming to Borderlands 3 today for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The patch notes are in and the hotfix addresses a number of community concerns, including issues with loot, the Spiritual Driver class mod, vault hunter abilities, and more.
Developer Gearbox announced on its official forums that today's Borderlands 3 hotfix will arrive on all platforms by 3 PM PT. As usual, hotfixes are automatically applied at the game's main menu. With the release of this latest hotfix, the Bloody Harvest event officially comes to a close, meaning you won't be able to experience all of its spookiness until next Halloween.
Speaking directly about the hotfix, a few issues reported by the Borderlands 3 community have been resolved. Loot should no longer fall into unreachable areas in Slaughterstar 3000, Zane's "Death Follows Close" passive ability now brings the correct bonus to several kill skills, typos on the Desperate Measures and Stainless Steel Bear skills have been fixed, you should not get stuck in Ambermire anymore, and more.
Check below for the full patch notes on today's hotfix.
Borderlands 3 Hotfix Full Patch Notes
- Addressed a reported issue where loot was sometimes falling into an unreachable area in Slaughterstar 3000. Addressed a reported issue where the movement speed bonus with Amara's passive ability "Mindfulness" when buffed with Spiritual Driver class mod was sometimes extremely high.
- Mindfulness was designed with the intent that reaching maximum stacks was not easily achievable so the bonus per grade was high. We want players to take advantage of move speed but not to the extent where parts of the game may not function correctly.
- Addressed a reported issue with the Spiritual Driver class mod where it was sometimes awarding damage for all types of damage and not just gun damage.
- Decreased pet audio so FL4K's Jabber would be less vocal.
- Addressed an issue where Zane's passive ability "Death Follows Close" did not bring the correct bonus to several kill skills.
- Addressed a reported issue where Zane's passive ability "Nerves of Steel" would sometimes lose functionality after fast traveling.
- Fixed typos on Desperate Measures and Stainless Steel Bear skills.
- Fixed multiple spots where players were sometimes able to escape the map in Skywell-27.
- Fixed multiple spots where players would sometimes get stuck in Ambermire.
- Fixed various areas in Septic Sluice and Green Diamond Platform that allowed players to reach unintended areas.
- Fixed various areas on Pandora that sometimes allowed players to escape the map.
- Fixed a reported issue where some players could not hear the flaming skulls from Billy, the Anointed.
- Fixed a reported issue where Brick's sledgehammer sometimes continued to spin after being thrown at an enemy during the mission "Hammerlocked."
While this hotfix only addresses a small assortment of community concerns, Gearbox confirmed that the next major Borderlands 3 patch arrives later this month. The patch will also contain a brand-new piece of DLC, Moxxi's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot. This DLC will be available on December 19 to those who own either the Season Pass or Borderlands 3's Super Deluxe Edition.
Borderlands 3 News
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org