Madden 24 Beta: How Sign-Ups And Codes Work, What's Included, And More
The Madden NFL 24 beta is underway right now.
Madden NFL 24 releases in August, but some lucky fans can jump in much, much earlier through a closed beta test. The test is going on right now. If you didn't already get a code to get in, you might be out of luck, but there is always a possibility of getting a code somehow or that EA Sports expands the beta to more people over time.
The beta offers up a slice of the upcoming professional football game from EA Sports, and there is a lot to know. Read on to find out everything you need to know about the Madden NFL 24 beta.
How to sign up
EA opened registrations for the Madden NFL 24 beta back in April. Those who were granted entry should have been notified already by email. Codes are being dispatched in waves, so if you didn't get in already, keep checking your email.
It's possible EA will expand the beta test to more users in the future, but that's not guaranteed. There doesn't appear to be a way to buy your way in either, as Madden NFL 24's beta is not tied to any version of the game you can buy. You can follow the Madden social channels for a chance to get in, as EA will send out additional codes across Twitter and other places.
EA is also providing access to the Madden NFL 24 beta for people who were impacted by the Franchise save issue for Madden NFL 23. Users are encouraged to make sure the email associated with their EA Account matches up with your primary email.
How to download
To download on Playstation:
- Use your existing Sony Entertainment Network account on PSN.
- Select the PlayStation Store icon on the system home screen.
- Select Redeem Codes at the bottom of the menu on the PlayStation Store.
- Enter the code and get ready to play.
To download on Xbox:
- Go to Games under Store.
- Select Use a Code.
- Sign in if prompted.
- Select or enter the 25-character code and get ready to play.
To download on EA App:
- Go to your EA App Library.
- Select "Redeem Code"
- Enter your provided code and get ready to play.
What's in the beta
Available now in the beta are four modes: Play Now, H2H Ranked, Franchise, and Practice. Modes that will be added over the course of the beta include Superstar: The League, Superstar: Showdown, and Madden Ultimate Team.
Cross-play, a new feature for the Madden series, is available in Play Now, H2H Ranked, Superstar: The League, Superstar: Showdown, and Madden Ultimate Team. Cross-play is automatically enabled. PlayStation and PC users can turn it off from within the Madden 24 settings, but Xbox users have to disable cross-play from the console's general system settings.
Players can also check out the more than 500 new plays in the beta. EA warned that playbooks in the beta are not final and may change before launch.
Progress does not carry forward
Progress from the Madden NFL 24 beta does not carry forward to the full game when it releases. Additionally, any time there is an update to the Madden NFL 24 beta, this will wipe any progress made in Franchise mode.
Everyone who gets into the beta is forbidden from recording, streaming, and capturing content. Users are not allowed to post any reactions of any kind on social media or the internet in general. Anyone who does so will get booted from the beta and could face a potential ban on their Madden account.
This is a beta, so players should expect to encounter some issues and oddities. You can see a rundown of these below, including notes about the issues from developer EA Sports.
Gameplay Known Issues
- Crash in Mini-games when going from mini-game to mini-game that have a lot of props in them
- DEV NOTE - We have added brand new Mini-games with awesome new props. This seems to have caused some memory leaking that eventually leads to a crash. We are sorry for any inconvenience and ask for some understanding as this is an unfinished product and these are the types of issues we deal with during the development cycle.
- Formation Substitution screen does not update after the user makes a substitution
- Post Play User triggered Touchdown Celebration not triggering online
- A series of Catch Holes (catches not playing) on offense and defense
- Some Accurate passes are not being thrown to a catchable location (affects AI and User controlled passers)
Franchise Known Issues
- Player Ratings, Development Traits/Abilities and Stats are not Final.
- Known issues with character models/gear when editing players or coaches.
- Occasionally the backgrounds will change when going through various screens.
- You can only invite users that are in your friends list to join an Online Franchise League.
- Users will be unable to download or upload Draft Classes through Madden Share.
Note: The NFL Player and Rookie Ratings throughout the Madden NFL 24 Closed Beta have been scrambled/randomized and are not final.
How to submit feedback
EA is conducting this Madden NFL 24 beta test, in part, to gather community feedback. Players can report and issue and provide feedback at the link, and players are encouraged to be as detailed and specific as they can.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.