The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Latest Switch Eshop Sale Brings Major Savings On Skyrim, Doom
The Eshop has joined the QuakeCon party with a new sale that runs through the weekend.
QuakeCon is this weekend, and along with news about all things Bethesda, you can save on a bunch of games in the publisher's back catalog on just about every platform. The Nintendo Switch Eshop has joined a pretty big Xbox Store sale and PC sale at GOG with its own deals on Bethesda games. Admittedly, the Switch's sale is much smaller, simply because there aren't very many Bethesda-published titles on Switch. That said, you can still save on the solid ports of Doom (2016), The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and more until the end of today, August 10.
More Nintendo Switch game deals
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild -- $49.94 (
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening -- $51.25 (
- Super Mario Odyssey -- $49.94 (
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze -- $49.94 (
- Kirby Star Allies -- $50 (
All eight games in the Switch's QuakeCon Sale are 50% off. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Doom, and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus are down to $30, while Wolfenstein: Youngblood Deluxe edition is $20. Yes, those prices are higher than you'll find on other platforms, but if you wanted to check out any of them in handheld mode, we've never seen them at better prices.
Little Nightmares 2 - Scariest Moments Compilation Guilty Gear Strive -Official Anji And I-No Gameplay Trailer Zombieland Headshot Fever - Official Announcement Trailer The Climb 2 - Official Launch Trailer Apex Legends Chaos Theory Collection Event Trailer Hitman 3 Devs Break Down Dartmoor Mission Smash Bros. Ultimate - Official Pyra/Mythra Gameplay Reveal Presentation HITMAN 3 - March Roadmap Apex Legends - Nintendo Switch Gameplay Trailer 8 Minutes of Mortal Shell Enhanced Edition PS5 Gameplay American Horror Stories Spinoff Predictions: Scream Queens Crossover, Rubberman Paladins - Champion Teaser - Octavia, The Indomitable
The other four games in the sale are classic Doom games. Doom (1993), Doom II, and Doom 64 are all on sale for $2.49, and Doom 3 is up for grabs for $5. For those interested in revisiting the early days of the now-ubiquitous first-person shooter genre, you can do so for cheap.
The QuakeCon Sale is the main event on the Eshop this week, but there are some other great deals to be found. Until August 17, you can pick up Mortal Kombat 11 for $20, down from $50. Pokken Tournament DX, the enhanced port of the Wii U fighting game, is on sale for $42 until August 11.
Best QuakeCon deals on Nintendo Switch
- Doom (2016) -- $30 (
- Doom (1993) -- $2.49 (
- Doom II -- $2.49 (
- Doom 3 -- $5 (
- Doom 64 -- $2.49 (
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- $30(
- Mortal Kombat 11 -- $20 (
- Pokken Tournament DX -- $42 (
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus -- $30 (
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood - Deluxe edition -- $20 (
Best Deals And Sales This Week
- Today's Best Deals: Note 20 Ultra For $925, Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate For $35, And More
- Pokemon Switch Games And Merch On Sale For 25th Anniversary
- Samsung Week At Amazon: Best Deals On 4K TVs, Gaming Monitors, And More
- New Horizon Forbidden West Merch Is Here To Tide Us Over Until Its Release
- Xbox Games With Gold Free Games For March 2021 Revealed
- New PS5/PS4 Sale Discounts Cuphead, Spiritfarer, And More Great Indies
- Mortal Kombat Legacy Arcade1Up Cabinet Up For Preorder Now
- Ratchet & Clank Is Free On PSN As Part Of Sony's Play At Home Initiative
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.