Guitar Hero Live Doing Something Totally New With Avenged Sevenfold Show
A7X Rock Classics debuts later today.
Guitar Hero Live's online mode, GHTV, continues to expand with new content and activities.
Activision today announced a unique new campaign themed around the rock/metal band Avenged Sevenfold. The band will host an in-game show, "A7X Rock Classics," during which the group will guide players through some of their favorite music that's playable in Guitar Hero Live.
The one-hour show debuts today at 5:30 PM PST will be re-broadcast at the times listed below.
A7X Rock Classics will feature music from bands and artists like Pantera, Megadeth, AFI, Bob Dylan, Boston, Queensryche, Tenacious D, Faith No More, Deftones, and Weezer.
In a statement, Activision said this Avenged Sevenfold show represents the "first-ever in-game, curated playable music video show in Guitar Hero Live."
A7X Rock Classics Show Schedule:
- Tuesday, Dec. 22 at 5:30pm Pacific (World Premiere)
- Wednesday, Dec. 23 at 1:30am, 9:30am and 6:00pm Pacific
- Thursday, Dec. 24 at 2:00am, 10:00am and 8:30pm Pacific
- Friday, Dec. 25 at 4:30am, 12:30pm, 5:30pm and 9:30pm Pacific
- Saturday, Dec. 26 at 5:30am, 9:30am, 7:30pm and 11:00pm Pacific
- Sunday, Dec. 27 at 7:30am, 11:00am and 7:00pm Pacific
- Monday, Dec. 28 at 3:00am, 11:00am and 5:30pm Pacific
- Tuesday, Dec. 29 at 1:30am and 9:30am Pacific
In other Guitar Hero Live/Avenged Sevenfold news, Activision has announced that the band's premium show, which features footage from the group's performance at Download, is coming back to GHTV. It'll be available tomorrow, December 23, featuring live versions of songs like "Shepherd of Fire," "Buried Alive," and "Nightmare."
You can also follow the Guitar Hero social media channels for a chance to win guitars signed by Avenged Sevenfold, as well as albums and other merchandise.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org