Godfall PS5 Gameplay Info: Weapon Classes, Cooperative Play, Special Attacks, No Microtransactions, And More
PlayStation's State of Play stream featured an in-depth look at Godfall, the upcoming looter-slasher action game from Gearbox.
The third-person "looter-slasher" Godfall was featured during Sony's recent State of Play, and we got an in-depth look at many of the game's systems. This was accompanied by PS5 footage that showed the game in action. Game director Keith Lee outlined gameplay details, and specifically how the weapon class system works. They weren't all covered in detail, but we got a look at a few of the weapons and the attacks you'll be able to pull off as you take on the game's many enemies and bosses.
Lee reiterated that there will be no microtransactions in Godfall and that the game features co-op with up to two other players. The game is both gear-driven and skill-based, and has an armor upgrade system that revolves around what are called Valor Plates. If you've played games like Destiny 2 before, you should have an idea of what to expect. Of course, you'll be using melee instead of guns.
The State of Play presentation had specifics on how the weapons system works in Godfall, which centers around five weapon types: Longswords, Dual Blades, Polearms, two-handed Warhammers, and two-handed Greatswords. Each type of weapon represents a class that has its own set of skills and abilities that cater to a certain playstyle. The in-depth details focused on Dual Blades and Longswords, which you can catch in the video above.
Regardless of weapon, Godfall is said to emphasize offense and aggressive play. Consistent with that design philosophy is that across the different classes, a shield will be important and available to all. They're not just for defense, either--shields have their own unique skillset, with abilities like a wave attack, a Captain America-style throwing move, and an area-of-effect ground pound.
Lee mentioned that further details will come at later date, specifically covering the progression system and the rest of the weapon classes. Godfall is set to launch during Holiday 2020 as PlayStation 5 console exclusive and on PC.
- PlayStation 4 Commanded The Generation With Exclusives
- Sony Shares God Of War PS5 Save Transfer And Frame Rate Details
- PS5 Exclusive Destruction All-Stars Delayed To 2021, Will Be A Free PS Plus Game
- Little Nightmares 2 Brings Back Six, But It Doesn't Always Put Her To Good Use
- PS4 And PS5 Get Exclusive Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies Mode
- New God Of War, GoW 3 Updates Add PS5 Support, According To Modder
- Where Is Xur This Week? Exotic Items / Location Guide (Oct. 23-27)
- We Have The PS5, And Here's The Box
- Watch Dogs Legion Promo "Hacks" The Box Art Of Other Ubisoft Games
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla – Release Date, Story, And Everything Else We Know
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.