Ghost Recon Wildlands Operation Oracle Adds New Story Content
You have two new missions, Ghosts.
A new update will bring a set of fresh missions to Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Operation Oracle, the third-person, co-op shooter's latest update, arrives at the beginning of May and also comes with two unique rewards for those that successfully pull of the new missions. [Update: It turns out this update ties into the newly announced Ghost Recon game, Breakpoint. The game was revealed as part of a Ghost Recon livestream event on May 9.
Operation Oracle lands on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on May 2. It will introduce two new missions, playable in solo or co-op, to extract a Skell Tech engineer arrested by Unidad. Here, you'll also meet a fellow Ghost Team Leader, Major Cole D. Walker, who's a little shiftier than your average Ghost. You can watch the reveal trailer below.
Operation Oracle is accessible immediately after finishing Wildlands' first mission. Head to Montuyoc, marked on the game's TacMap, to start the operation. Once finished, you'll earn two unique rewards: Walker's Bracelet (which equips a new CQC Finisher) and Walker's Tattoo, for added style points.
In preparation for Operation Oracle, Wildlands will be free to play from Thursday, May 2 to Sunday, May 5. Everything, including Operation Oracle, will be accessible during the free play weekend. PC and PS4 owners can pre-load the game on May 1, and all progress will carry over to those who purchase the full game.
Operation Oracle also implements a host of performance-related fixes. You can read the full patch notes below.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Improved Guerrilla mode's matchmaking process, which launched sessions after a friend joined a player in Matchmaking search before four players were present.
- Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where the game would start without forming a full squad in public matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where the player would not be moved to the lobby after accepting an invitation.
- Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where the player would not win the Cosmetic Rewards if they left before the Victory Score screen.
- Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where AI teammate's customization would reset after entering a new session.
- Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where you could unequip the mission.
- Fixed an audio issue in Guerrilla mode when the Game Lost Score screen is shown.
- Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where vehicles with dead NPCs in them would not despawn at the end of a wave.
- Fixed an issue where the last NPC enemy of Guerrilla mode would despawn immediately after killing him.
- Improved replication issues present in Guerrilla mode during co-op sessions.
- Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where a Game Over can be triggered without the timer being displayed.
- Fixed an issue where some skills bonuses could be canceled by changing the difficulty during a Guerrilla mode session.
- Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where the shopkeeper's subtitles and voice over would be cut off due to the ending screen.
- Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where enemy alert levels would downgrade to Undetected / Suspicious under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where all weapons and attachments bought in Guerrilla mode appeared as "New" in the main game afterward.
- Fixed an issue preventing to unlock Survivor pants and Survivor shirt cosmetic items in Ghost Mode after winning Guerrilla mode.
- Fixed an issue with the M110 Bullet Drop being too strong.
- Removed the requirement to complete Silent Spade and Snafu missions to unlock the Mission Master trophy.
- Fixed a localization issue where there was no spacing between Continue Campaign text for Asian localizations.
- [SILENT SPADE] Fixed an issue with Kozak where he would slide away when a user shoots him while he is giving his briefing.
- Fixed an issue with the Buchon Marcus Jensen causing him to have the wrong animation in certain cases.
- Fixed an issue where completing all Main Game missions showed only 98% completion.
- Improved performance when using Nvidia Ansel with Nvidia driver 418.91.
- Fixed an issue in Ghost mode where weapons switch back to default between play sessions.
- Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where subtitles would only show for the host of a party in a co-op session.
Store and Items
- Fixed a visual issue with the ACU shirt clipping with female character costume parts.
- Fixed an issue where players would not receive their bonus XP from XP boosters.
- The Night Vision effect from Fast Panoramic NVGs, Fast Special NVGs, and High Cut Spec. NVGs no longer use the old Night Vision (Green) filter, instead of using the newer (yellow) filter.
- The AOR1 camo now uses more authentic colors/patterns.
- Fixed an issue where the Hiking backpack would clip with the Molle vest and Crossdraw vests.
- Fixed several issues present with the Gorka outfit.
- Fixed a customization issue with the Crossdraw vest clipping with female characters.
- Fixed a clipping issue with the Gunfighter Jacket and ACU shirt clipping with pants.
- Fixed an issue with the Mic Drop emote where the syringe was stuck in the character's wrist.
- Fixed an issue with the Heavy Riot Control vest not showing the patches on its shoulder pads.
- Fixed an issue on some vests where the ammunition was following the player's movements rather than the vest itself.
- Fixed an issue forbidding the player from buying Crates & Boosters in DLCs.
- Limited the number of simultaneous mines deployable by the Sapper's drone to 3.
- Reduced the health of Sapper’s drones to bring it more in line with the drones used by Medic and Guerrilla classes.
- Fixed an issue in Ghost War allowing an exploit (known as Crouch-run) by using emotes and Pistol-specific abilities.
- Fixed several collision issues on several PvP maps.
- Improved the ping function in Ghost War where spamming the Ping input caused high ping conditions.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org