Get Doom (2016) For Less Than $6 In Incredible Flash Deal (Steam)
Snag Doom for a fantastic price on PC before Doom Eternal releases later this month.
Fanatical just launched a huge Spring Sale on over 3,400 PC games, and it includes fantastic deals on games like A Plague Tale: Innocence and Red Dead Redemption II as well as pre-orders for upcoming games like Resident Evil 3 Remake. You'll also find a nice pre-order discount on Doom Eternal, but if you're interested in the upcoming demon-slaying shooter, you'll also want to take advantage of Fanatical's current flash deal on Doom (2016), which is down to just $5.59 (normally $20). You'll get a game key that must be redeemed on Steam. As a flash deal, the Doom discount ends in less than 48 hours, so act fast.
2016's Doom was a reboot of the Doom franchise, with the previous game, Doom 3, releasing in 2004. In Doom, players take the role of the Doom Slayer, who battles the demonic forces of Hell in a research facility on Mars. The game features both single-player and multiplayer modes as well as a level-creation tool. It earned an 8/10 in GameSpot's Doom review for its satisfyingly chaotic combat, wonderfully grim landscapes, and fantastic soundtrack.
"Without a doubt, the loud and chaotic campaign is Doom's strongest component," wrote Peter Brown. "It's straightforward and simple, but it serves its purpose: to thrust you into increasingly dire scenarios fueled by rage and the spirit of heavy metal. Many shooters chase the thrill Doom delivers, but few are as potent in their execution. It captures the essence of what made the classic Doom games touchstones of their day, and translates it to suit modern palates with impressively rendered hellscapes and a steady influx of tantalizing upgrades."
Of course, Doom Eternal is one of the most highly anticipated games of 2020, and it releases later this month on March 20 (alongside its best bud, Animal Crossing: New Horizons). Both the standard and Deluxe editions of Doom Eternal are currently 12% off in a pre-order deal at Fanatical, with the base game selling for $52.79 and the Deluxe edition on sale for $79.19. However, please note these keys should be redeemed in the Bethesda launcher. (If you planning on buying Doom Eternal for PS4 or Xbox One, it's even cheaper for $49.94 at Amazon.)
Other flash deals right now include Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - Master Edition for $43.78 (down from $60) and Resident Evil 2 for $16.79 (down from $40), both of which can be redeemed on Steam. These flash deals have already been up for a day, so there's now less than 24 hours left to claim these discounts. Plus, check out more deals from Fanatical's massive Spring Sale below.
More deals at Fanatical
- A Plague Tale: Innocence -- $18 (
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey -- $22.79 (
- Borderlands 3 -- $27.59 (
- Civilization VI - Digital Deluxe Edition -- $19.19 (
- Death Stranding -- $51 (
- Doom Eternal -- $52.79 (
- Doom Eternal - Deluxe Edition -- $79.19 (
- Grand Theft Auto V - Premium Online Edition -- $14.07 (
- Killer Bundle 12 Redux -- $3.49 (
- Life is Strange: Complete Season -- $4 (
- Metro Exodus -- $34 (
- Monster Hunter World -- $18.59 (
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne -- $35.09 (
- Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden -- $27.89 (
- NBA 2K20 -- $28.79 (
- The Outer Worlds -- $42 (
- Overcooked -- $3.90 (
- Overcooked 2 -- $13.74 (
- Oxenfree -- $2.29 (
- Planet Zoo -- $33.74 (
- Red Dead Redemption II -- $46.79 (
- Resident Evil 3 Remake -- $47.18 (
- Stellaris -- $9.19 (
- Superhot VR -- $15 (
- Total War: Three Kingdoms -- $50.88 (
- XCOM 2 Collection -- $27 (
Best Gaming & Tech Deals This Week
- Star Wars Collection Bundles 14 Games For $21
- 25 Free Games Are Available Now Ahead Of Prime Day For Members
- Prime Day TV Deals: Best Deals Available Now
- PlayStation Mid-Year Sale Has Big Discounts On Hundreds Of Games
- This Affordable Simulator Lets You Play Golf At Home
- Nintendo Switch Exclusives Are Discounted In New eShop Sale
- Amazon Prime Day 2022 Dates: When Is Prime Day?
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.