Fortnite: Where To Search Floating Lightning Bolts Challenge (Season 5, Week 1)
Here's how to complete one of this week's trickier Battle Pass challenges.
Season 5 of Fortnite: Battle Royale is ongoing, which means players now have a new set of challenges to complete and Battle Pass rewards to unlock. Epic has kicked off the first week of Season 5 with seven new tasks of varying difficulty. We've already detailed where to find the Risky Reels treasure map, and now we've put together a guide to help you complete the other challenge that might give you some trouble this week: searching seven floating Lightning Bolts.
Like other challenges that task you with tracking down certain items, the Lightning Bolts can be found in various parts of the island. They are easy to spot once you're in their general area, and you collect them simply by holding the use button, as you would to open a chest. The difference, however, is that the Lightning Bolts are hovering in the air, and you can't pick up them while skydiving or jumping; instead, you need to build a structure and climb up it in order to reach them, so it is imperative that you have enough materials to get them.
The Lightning Bolts are always located in the same areas, and there are more than seven scattered around the island, so it should be easy enough to complete the challenge once you know where to find them. You can also collect the seven you need across several matches, although any Lightning Bolts that you've picked up will no be available on the map. Here are seven areas where we've found Lightning Bolts:
- West of Tomato Town, above a small hill
- West of Wailing Woods, above a small hill
- In the northwest most corner of Junk Junction
- Lonely Lodge, directly west of the top floor of the tall tower
- Above a house in the northwest corner of Salty Springs
- Southeast of Shifty Shafts, just north of the bridge
- Between two large mountains east/southeast of Haunted Hills
Once you've collected all seven and completed the challenge, you will earn five Battle Stars, which will go toward ranking up your Season 5 Battle Pass. Unlike previous seasons, all of the weekly challenges this time are divided up into two different categories: Free (available to all players) and Battle Pass (available only to those who have purchased the pass). You can find the full list of Week 1 challenges below.
Along with the new challenges, Battle Pass owners have a ton of new rewards to unlock in Fortnite, including new skins, cosmetics, emotes, contrails, harvesting tools, and more. You can see everything in our gallery of all the new Fortnite Season 5 Battle Pass rewards.
Fortnite Season 5, Week 1 Challenges
- Deal damage with SMGs to opponents (500) -- 5 Battle Stars
- Search a Supply Llama (1) -- 5 Battle Stars
- Clinger, Stink Bomb, or Grenade Eliminations (3) -- 10 Battle Stars
- Search chests in Snobby Shores (7) -- 5 Battle Stars
- Search floating Lightning Bolts (7) -- 5 Battle Stars
- Follow the treasure map found in Risky Reels (1) -- 10 Battle Stars
- Eliminate opponents in Retail Row (3) -- 10 Battle Stars
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com