Fortnite Update 12.50: New Patch Nerfs Heavy Sniper, Adds Casual Party Royale Mode
Fortnite's latest update adds a new limited-time mode, a place to party with your friends, and tons of other tweaks.
The latest update to Fortnite is now live, introducing a new limited-time mode, some significant balance changes, and other additions. Several of the changes from the 12.50 patch are already live, while dataminers have been digging up details about what may be coming.
The biggest new addition is Operation Payload, the latest limited-time mode. Like other Payload modes, you need to attack or defend a moving target as it makes its way across the map, and then switch to the other side to do it all over again. Epic teased that you can earn Intel and unlock more spy tech through the mode.
Though not really a mode, per se, Epic is also testing its "Party Royale" mode this week. That mode is non-competitive, taking place on an alternate, smaller map with friendly activities to do with your pals in a less hostile environment. It would also make sense to be the venue for future events like the recent Travis Scott concert, which disabled the normal competitive play.
Listen up Agents. Operation: Payload has started. Prepare to move or stop the Payload to earn Intel and unlock more Tech.— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) April 29, 2020
Play it now! pic.twitter.com/Cx20iiqTr8
The update also made changes to the Heavy Sniper rifle and dataminers have suggested it's been nerfed. Aim Assist has also been adjusted following complaints from prominent streamers like Ninja. Epic's Trello page gives some additional notes on general fixes:
- Framerate and resolution drops in v12.41
- Local Challenges not appearing when entering new area.
- "Block damage with a Kingsman" Challenge not tracking progress.
Save the World
- Surround Pound's heavy attack may not deal damage to husks.
- Players may be swapped to their pickaxe when using an ability that's on cooldown.
- Stormking Onslaught Projectiles are not functioning correctly.
- Players may become stuck in a previous Dungeons zone while their teammates are in the next one.
- Psylocke's Pickaxe does not swing properly.
- Video playback disabled on Android.
- Extra Build buttons display Wall icons.
- Ping marker displays 0m.
- Fortnite Wolverine Guide: How To Defeat Wolverine At Weeping Woods (Week 6)
- How To Get Wolverine's Fortnite Skins
- Fortnite Stark Robot Guide: Learn How To Make A Stark Robot Dance (Week 5)
- Fortnite Coral Castle Ring Locations: Where To Find All Floating Rings (Week 5)
- Fortnite Gorger Locations: Where To Destroy Gorgers And Gatherers (Week 5 Guide)
- Epic's Fortnite Ban And Apple/Google Legal Battle, Explained
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.