Fallout 4's First Patch Hits Xbox One
Bug fixes and more included with the 1.2 patch.
You should be prompted to download and install the update the next time you boot up the RPG.
The 1.2 patch notes include bug fixes for things like players getting stuck in terminals and another issue involving the "When Freedom Calls" quest. The update also delivers "general memory and stability improvements" as well as a fix for crashes that triggered when jumping in water.
It also fixes a bug where equipped weapons get locked after completing Reunions and clears out a problem where, under certain circumstances, a player's health would constantly regenerate.
Fallout 4 1.2 Patch Notes:
- General memory and stability improvements
- Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
- Optimizations to skinned decal rendering
- Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Fixed issue with "When Freedom Calls" where the quest would not complete
- During "Confidence Man" fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
Looking ahead, the first of Fallout 4's expansions will arrive in 2016. Official mod tools will also be released for the PC version in 2016, after which some PC mods will come to Xbox One and then PS4.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.