Fall Guys Update 1.06: Patch Notes Poke Fun At Players
The Spicy Hot Fix update for Fall Guys adds new control options, more stable gameplay, and glitch fixes.
Fall Guys got a new update on PS4 and PC that added some much-needed fixes to known bugs and exploits as well as a few highly-requested options. The "Spicy Hot Fix," officially update 1.06, is available now. You can read the full patch notes below or in the official tweet. They list out all the changes, as well as some PS4-exclusive tweaks, and even include a slight jab at players concerned with the Yellow Team's dominance in team games.
A few major changes include an adjustment to the round-selection algorithm so it will now only pick team-based games when the team sizes can be equal, and the most-frequent crashing issues were addressed. Jump Showdown was one of the biggest targets for the patch, with a jump exploit and camera issues being fixed, and the Slime Climb will no longer let players grab certain obstacles.
We've got a patch that's almost ready to go - will hopefully drop it in the next week!— Fall Guys 👑 (@FallGuysGame) August 23, 2020
I'm really excited about this one as it's got lots of the things you've been asking us for!
Shout yourself out in the replies if you spot something you requested!
On PS4, users can finally play the game with inverted X/Y axis controls as well as new sensitivity settings. The UI should also run more smoothly on older PS4 systems, and the jump button's binding can be changed for Japanese players to better match what other games use. Check out the full patch notes below. The final point is tongue-in-cheek, referencing the ongoing inside joke about Yellow Team.
Fall Guys Patch Notes - Spicy Hot Fix
- Tweaked round selection algorithm to select a Team game only if the team sizes can be equal
- Party members are now sorted first in Spectator mode
- [PS4 Only] Added controller options, including invert X/Y axis and sensitivity settings
- Slime Climb: players can no longer grab some of the moving obstacles
- Jump Showdown: changed geometry to prevent a gameplay exploit
- Jump Showdown: fixed camera auto-panning
- Improved in-game Store purchase dialog to avoid accidental selections
- Addressed the top 5 most frequent crashes
- Visual fixes to some of the outfits
- [PS4 Only] Improved UI performance on non-Pro PS4 models
- Added option to change the Jump button binding for Japan
- Trophy/Achievement names and descriptions are now correctly displaying in all supported languages
- Removed move speed nerf from Yellow Team (Don't post this one)
Fall Guys isn’t slowing down, as Geoff Keighley's Gamescom Opening Night Live will be the venue for an August 25 Season 2 reveal. It isn't clear what will be included in the new season, but we'll likely see new modes and costumes. Its developers are also interested in seeing the game get the Lego treatment if the toy giant is on board, as well.
Fall Guys News & Guides
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.