Elden Ring Wins Game Of The Year At GDC 2023 Awards
The winners of the GDC Awards 2023 have been revealed, with Elden Ring leading the charge.
The winners of the Game Developers Choice Awards 2023 have been announced, with Elden Ring and God of War Ragnarok earning multiple nods across several categories. Each year at the Game Developers Conference, awards are given to the best games from the previous year.
Elden Ring took home three awards including Best Visual Art, Best Design, and the coveted Game of the Year achievement. God of War Ragnarok also received three awards, including Best Audio, Best Technology, and the Audience Award.
The full list of winners is as follows:
2023 Game Developers Choice Awards winners
- Best Debut -- Stray
- Best Visual Art -- Elden Ring
- Best Audio -- God of War Ragnarok
- Best Narrative -- Pentiment
- Social Impact Award -- Citizen Sleeper
- Innovation Award -- Immortality
- Best Technology -- God of War Ragnarok
- Best Design -- Elden Ring
- Audience Award -- God of War Ragnarok
- Game of the Year -- Elden Ring
- Pioneer Award -- Mabel Addis
- Lifetime Achievement Award -- John Romero
2023 Independent Games Festival Awards winners
- Best Student Game -- Slider
- Excellence in Design -- The Case of the Golden Idol
- Excellence in Visual Art -- RPG Time: The Legend of Wright
- Excellence in Audio -- The Forest Quartet
- Nuovo Award -- Betrayal at Club Low
- Excellence in Narrative -- Immortality
- Audience Award -- Potionomics
- Seumas McNally Grand Prize -- Betrayal at Club Low
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.