Destiny Patch 1.0.2 Coming Next Week, Includes Big Engram Changes
Bungie notes that starting next week in Destiny, "Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram."
Firearms Expert Reacts To Hunt: Showdown’s Guns Valheim - How To Find Scrap Iron And Make Iron Gear Outriders Demo - PS4 Vs PS5 Graphics and Loading Times Comparison Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Trailer Comparison - Switch vs DS Mayans MC: How Season 3 Ties Into Sons Of Anarchy FF7 Remake On PS5, PSVR2, And Xbox's Future Is The Cloud Celebrating Black History Month with The MIX Live Pokémon Legends Arceus - Official Reveal Trailer New Pokemon Snap - Official "Latest Info From The Lental Region" Trailer Tales of 25th Anniversary - Tales of Graces Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl - Official Reveal Trailer Pokémon Presents - Complete Pokemon 25 Presentation
Following updates from Bungie earlier this week detailing changes coming to the Destiny, the developer provided a few more specific list of tweaks for the 1.0.2 patch schedule for next week. And these changes will apparently have a big effect on Cryptarchs and Engrams.
In a post to the official Bungie website, the developer notes, "These changes guarantee that Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram." However, "Only Engrams that drop after 1.0.2 are subject to this change."
The full list of self-deprecating updates from the site follows below:
Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
- Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
- Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
- Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items
- Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards
- Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
- Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest--even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already...
The bigger news in Destiny this week has been the discovery of a new "loot cave" after Bungie stated that it would tweak the game to eliminate the effectiveness of the previously popular farming spot.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.