DC To Host Massive Virtual "FanDome" Event, Includes The Batman And Zack Snyder's Justice League
DC FanDome is set to feature exclusive footage from upcoming movies plus talk from DC writers and filmmakers.
The cancelation of major events such as San Diego Comic-Con and Star Wars Celebration this year has meant that the studios are unable to showcase their upcoming movies and shows in the way they usually do. However, DC is set to make sure it reaches fans this summer, with the announcement of a free one-day virtual event in August.
The event is named the DC FanDome and is described by the studio as "a free virtual fan experience where no badge is required." The online event will be available for 24 hours at DCFanDome.com, starting at 10am PT on Saturday, August 22.
DC FanDome will allow fans to hear news and updates from the cast and crew of upcoming DC movies, including The Batman and Zack Synder's cut of Justice League, as well exclusive footage and panel discussions. Other titles that will feature include The Suicide Squad, Batwoman, Black Adam, Wonder Woman 1984, Super Hero Girls, Stargirl, Doom Patrol, Supergirl, and Superman & Lois.
DC FanDome will have a central hub titled the Hall of Heroes, where fans can enjoy "special programming," including movies, shows, and games. There are then five different zones that can be explored:
- DC WatchVerse: panels, exclusive screenings, new footage, appearances from cast and crew of DC productions
- DC YouVerse: focuses on fans, including cosplay and fanart
- DC KidsVerse: a kid-focused area with family-friendly activities
- DC InsiderVerse: a "creativity-based world" featuring DC publisher Jim Lee, DC movie boss Walter Hamada, and Arrowverse creator Greg Berlanti.
- DC FunVerse: digital giveaways, Wonder Woman and Batmobile kits, and "cool shareables."
DC FanDome will also feature a celebration of Black nerd culture, with a "Blerd & Boujee House" virtual party. In addition, DC is looking for fans to submit fan art, cosplay, tattoos, and other creative art to be on display during the event.
In a statement, Warner CEO Ann Sarnoff said, "this massive, immersive digital event will give everyone new ways to personalize their journey through the DC Universe without lines, without tickets, and without boundaries. With DC FanDome, we're able to give fans from around the world an exciting and unparalleled way to connect with all their favorite DC characters, as well as the incredible talent who bring them to life on the page and screen."
Content at DC FanDome will be available in 10 languages, including English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazil Portuguese, Korean, Japanese and Chinese. Additionally, content programmed from specific countries will be in their native languages.
The Batman, Snyder Cut, And DC News
- The Snyder Cut: Every Major Difference Between Zack Snyder's Justice League And The Theatrical Cut
- Zack Snyder's Justice League: Relentlessly Boring And Endlessly Long
- The Snyder Cut: What Was Up With The Joker In Zack Snyder's Justice League?
- + Show More The Batman, Snyder Cut, And DC News Links (1)
- The Snyder Cut: Martian Manhunter Scenes Explained
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation