Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.01 Is On Its Way, Improves Performance And Prevents Corrupted Saves
It also fixes some annoying and strange bugs.
Cyberpunk 2077 patch 2.01 is on the way and will fix common issues like corrupted saves on PS5, as well as improve performance on both PC and console.
Most significantly, the patch prevents a save corruption issue on PS5. However, this fix will not repair already corrupted saves, so you'll need to hold on to an uncorrupted save before the patch drops. As for performance boosts, CD Projekt Red stated simply that the patch will improve performance generally, but especially in the Dogtown area.
Additionally, the patch repairs some of Phantom Liberty's strangest and most persistent bugs. For example, choosing a specific dialogue option in the quest Automatic Love will no longer result in a distorted effect that remains on the screen longer than intended. In another absurd fix, V will not fall through the floor of an elevator and die in The Heist if the frame rate is low.
The update also brings a couple of quality-of-life changes. You will be able to switch to arms cyberware via cycling through weapons. Vehicle radio volume has also been changed, so that it is not too quiet as compared to other sounds in the environment.
CD Projekt Red confirmed that it will now focus on the Cyberpunk 2077 sequel, codenamed Project Orion. The full patch notes for 2.01 will be revealed at launch, but CD Projekt Red listed some of the most important changes. You can find that list below and on the developer's official website.
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.01 Highlights
- The distorted effect caused by selecting a specific dialogue option when talking to Johnny at the end of Automatic Love will no longer persist on the screen.
- V will no longer die in The Heist by falling through the elevator when riding to the 42nd floor with low FPS.
- Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing with keyboard and mouse.
- Made it possible to properly switch to arms cyberware by cycling through weapons.
- Gig: Breaking News will be properly triggered after approaching the quest area.
- Vehicle radio volume will be adjusted so it's not too quiet when compared to other sounds in the game.
- Addressed the issue of corrupted saves on PlayStation by increasing the maximum save file size limit. Note: this won't fix the saves corrupted before the update. If you're experiencing the issue, keep a working save (e.g. resave it as manual save) till 2.01 arrives.
- Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.