Criterion shoots down NFS: Underground reboot rumors
Creative director Alex Ward calls leaked logo "totally fake," says studio not planning to make any more sequels or remakes.
Yesterday, a source provided EGMNow with information and a logo for a Need for Speed: Underground reboot reportedly in development at Criterion Games. This report is false, the developer has asserted.
He followed that tweet up with another that suggests Criterion is working on something altogether new.
"May as well add this. Sequels. Reboots. Remakes. Been there. Done that," he said.
Ward never references the original story in his tweets, so it is possible that his comments are unrelated. However, given the timing, this seems unlikely.
The studio currently does not have any announced projects, though Criterion's Craig Sullivan last year promised the developer would one day make another Burnout game.
Mortal Kombat 11 - Crazy Combos For Every Character Days Gone Livestream with MANvsGAME! Square Enix E3 2019 Live Event Gets Date And Time - GS News Update Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- April 21-27 2019 Halo Infinite Boss Rules Out Battle Royale Mode - GS News Update Persona 5 The Royal Release Date Revealed - GS News Update Amazon Prime Video May 2019 - Best Movies & TV Shows To Watch Mortal Kombat 11 Freebies And Update Announced - GS News Update Cheaper Nintendo Switch Model Reportedly Coming In June - GS News Update BioWare Delays The Cataclysm For Anthem Swamp Thing Teaser Trailer Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 - Thinblood Disciplines Animated Trailer
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org