Criterion shoots down NFS: Underground reboot rumors
Creative director Alex Ward calls leaked logo "totally fake," says studio not planning to make any more sequels or remakes.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Yesterday, a source provided EGMNow with information and a logo for a Need for Speed: Underground reboot reportedly in development at Criterion Games. This report is false, the developer has asserted.
He followed that tweet up with another that suggests Criterion is working on something altogether new.
"May as well add this. Sequels. Reboots. Remakes. Been there. Done that," he said.
Ward never references the original story in his tweets, so it is possible that his comments are unrelated. However, given the timing, this seems unlikely.
The studio currently does not have any announced projects, though Criterion's Craig Sullivan last year promised the developer would one day make another Burnout game.
God Of War PS4 Guide: 6 Tips To Know Before You Play Top New Game Releases This Week on Switch, PS4, And PC -- April 22-28 Avengers: Infinity War -- 10 Things We Want From The New Movie Avengers: Infinity War's Infinity Stones Explained God Of War PS4's Surprising Inspirations New Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC Character Revealed - GS News Update Venom - Official Trailer Worlds Adrift May Be Perfect For Disappointed Sea Of Thieves Fans Best PC Games: Free Friday The 13th Game Is Actually Good We Quiz The Super Troopers On Crazy Canadian Laws | Super Troopers 2 PUBG Is Getting Some Big Weapon Balance Changes On PC - GS News Update GameSpot Universe News Update: Avengers: Infinity War Takes Place Only Half On Earth