Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Update--Patch Notes Nerf 725 Shotgun And More
The double-barreled 725 shotgun shouldn't shoot across the map now.
Developer Infinity Ward has released a new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare update that addresses several issues relating to stability and playability, including adjusting the bugged double-barreled 725 shotgun. The full patch notes can be viewed below.
According to a Reddit post, this new Modern Warfare patch is now live for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. While the headlining feature is a slight change to the 725 shotgun, the patch takes aim at preventing crashes across all modes and platforms, modifying the directional sound and speed of footsteps, fixing Mission Challenge descriptions, and more.
A variety of weapons have been altered in this newly-released Modern Warfare patch. The 725 shotgun, capable of shooting and killing from across the map, has had its range reduced. Alongside the 725, the hip spread of assault rifles has been adjusted, the M4 has had its head damage decreased, and both the EB-14 and FAL saw an increase in their aiming down sights (ADS) speed.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has seen a few patches since its October 25 launch on consoles and PC. Apart from this new patch, Infinity Ward released its biggest update to the Modern Warfare reboot to date. The free 1.07 update added new content in the form of maps and an additional game mode, addressed some of the community's most-pressing complaints, and more.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Full Patch Notes
More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
- Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim (Tactical)
- Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
- Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
- General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We'll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
- Fix for a Challenge related error that could occur: DEV ERROR 5476
- Fix for Mission Challenge description, "Get Kills with a Burst Weapons" being too vague
- Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
- Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain
- ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
- 725: Reduce range
- M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
- FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
- EB-14: Increase ADS speed
- Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.