Borderlands 3 Spring 2020 Content Road Map Revealed
Expect four major updates for Borderlands 3 between March and May.
During PAX East 2020, Gearbox revealed the 2020 Spring Content Road Map for Borderlands 3. The three months of content will kick off with the Lovecraft-themed Guns, Love, and Tentacles DLC before seeing regular free updates.
In March, Guns, Love, and Tentacles will be released, which introduces a new planet to visit and story missions to complete. Gaige and Deathtrap will both return and the DLC will offer plenty of new legendary loot and cosmetics.
In April, Borderlands 3 will get its Mayhem 2.0 update. This update is aimed at altering the endgame Mayhem Mode, which is a challenge-based game mode for players looking to earn legendary loot more quickly. The update will alter the mode so that its effects are more in line with Borderlands 3's tone. So, for example, instead of shotgun damage decreasing and pistol damage increasing, you'll have goofier effects like everyone getting a big head--increasing the likelihood of scoring headshots for both you and your enemies.
That same month, Borderlands 3 will get another free update: Revenge of the Cartels. The limited-time event will add cartel operatives to Borderlands 3's universe, which you can hunt down and kill to earn unique rewards.
Then, in May, Borderlands 3 will get its second Guardian Takedown. This update adds new bosses to Borderlands 3 and an Eridian-themed Takedown encounter that will allow you to earn unique gear and cosmetics. Takedowns are essentially Borderlands 3's version of raids.
In GameSpot's Borderlands 3 review, we write, "If you've never been a fan of the franchise, it's unlikely Borderlands 3 does enough things differently to change your mind, as the game best excels at continuing what the series has always done: deliver a humorous tall tale of misfits looting and shooting their way to heroism." If you're looking to join the Borderlands franchise, the director of the upcoming movie is looking for extras who are willing to be brutally murdered.
PAX East 2020 PIN
- 5 Awesome Games You May Not Know About
- 20 Minutes Of Animal Crossing: New Horizons Co-op Gameplay (Off-Screen)
- How Larian Studios Hopes To Transcend Baldur's Gate 3's Legacy
- Borderlands 3 New Lovecraft-Themed DLC Sees The Return Of BL2's Gaige
- Every Secret From The Baldur's Gate 3 Opening Cinematic
- The Games Of PAX East 2020 -- Animal Crossing, Streets Of Rage 4, And Doom Eternal
- PAX East And Other PAX Events Will Go Forward Amid Coronavirus Concerns
- The Mayor Of Boston Is Urging Sony To Return To PAX East
- Square Enix Scales Back Final Fantasy 14 PAX East Plans Over Coronavirus
- Another Major Game Company Scales Back PAX Presence, As Capcom Announces Changes
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org