Be Careful: FIFA 21 On Switch Will Be Another Legacy Edition
FIFA 21 on Switch won't have any of the bells and whistles of any of the other versions--or, indeed, anything more than kit and team changes.
Bad news for anyone looking to pick up FIFA 21 on Nintendo Switch later this year--the game, which was showcased on PS5 and Xbox Series X as part of EA Play 2020, will get another Legacy Edition release on Switch this year.
EA has confirmed that this version of the game will feature kit and squad updates, but does not include "new game modes or gameplay innovations." This includes the Volta mode introduced in FIFA 20, or indeed any changes introduced prior to FIFA 18. There's no Story mode, either.
Outside of these kit and squad updates, you'll get an updated menu and broadcast overlays, but that's it.
EA is releasing Burnout Paradise Remastered for Switch this week, and has plans for Apex Legends on the system, complete with crossplay. With this in mind, it's deeply disappointing that they would continue to release these barely-updated versions of the game for Nintendo's console.
Past editions have arguably been overpriced, given the lack of new features, though a price has not yet been announced for this year's edition.
FIFA 21 Legacy Edition releases for Switch on October 9.
- Fortnite Gets New iPhone Cases, Apple Watch Bands, And More From Casetify
- New Best Buy Sale Discounts Hundreds Of Games, 4K TVs, Laptops, And More
- New Lego Luigi Starter Course Announced, Up For Preorder Now
- Apex Legends Season 9 Adds New Valkyrie Character, Bow And Arrow, And Olympus Changes
- Nintendo Is Suing Bowser, Or At Least Someone Named Bowser
- F-Zero Isn't Dead But Needs A "Grand Idea" To Return, Ex-Nintendo Designer Says
- Final Fantasy Devs Are Trying Something New With Astria Ascending
- Not Every Sequel Needs A "Grand New Idea," And That Includes F-Zero
- Dead By Daylight's Next Crossover Event Is Resident Evil
- New Pokemon Snap Overview Trailer Shows Off New Mechanics And Environments
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.