Baldur's Gate 3 Patch Lets You Change Your Hirelings' Appearance And More
Baldur's Gate 3's latest patch might be small, but it includes a number of nice features, including the ability to change your character's name.
Baldur's Gate 3's latest hotfix is out, and we've got the full patch notes below. Hotfix #9 might be a relatively small patch, but it has a few quality-of-life features that fans have been asking for. For one thing, you can now use the magic mirror to change the appearance of your hirelings, so you can finally create the swagged-out party of your dreams.
Other additions include the ability to change your avatar's name, fixes to the line-of-sight system not working correctly with items, and a rare crash that could happen when quickloading a game. As you might expect, the hotfix also fixes a number of other minor and major issues with the game, including one that caused crashes on PS5, a few strange interactions with spell buffs, and some inconsistencies surrounding the character Minthara.
Baldur's Gate 3's last patch, Hotfix 8, shaved the cat His Majesty, and it fixed some major bugs. Prior to that, its last major update was Patch 3, which added the magic mirror to change your character's appearance, and brought the game to Mac. Developer Larian has promised that more big updates are in the works, including one that will add more epilogue options to the game, so keep your eyes peeled for that.
Baldur's Gate 3 Hotfix 9 Patch Notes
- You can now use the Magic Mirror on hirelings.
- You can now change your name through the Magic Mirror.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when unloading or quickloading a game.
- Fixed an issue causing GPU crashes on PS5 Vulkan.
- Fixed the Guardian Statue repeatedly falling into a chasm, causing the server to stall.
- Fixed a splitscreen issue on PS5 that could cause a black screen when listening in on a dialogue.
- Fixed unpreparing spells not removing their buffs if the spell was upcasted.
- Fixed buffs being removed by unpreparing spells if the buff came from a different source (e.g. a scroll).
- Fixed some character positions and animations breaking if you skip lines in certain dialogues.
- Fixed the previews not working correctly in the Accessibility options.
- Fixed an issue causing Minthara's romance to unreliably trigger.
- Fixed Minthara's dialogue after you kill Orin not triggering properly when you talk to her.
- Fixed the Adamantine Splint Armour sometimes making your legs transparent.
- Fixed a geometry stretching bug introduced in Hotfix 8 on Vulkan.
- Fixed characters showing up in their underwear in some intimate scenes even if you have nudity enabled.
- Fixed Feign Death causing an infinite leave–join combat loop in certain circumstances.
- Fixed prices in dialogues not displaying correctly in savegames that were made while the price was on screen.
- Optimised the line-of-sight system for entities with no sight range, like items.