Anthem Issues And Future Updates Detailed: HDR On PS4/Xbox One, Loot Drops, And More
BioWare has discussed current and upcoming changes for Anthem, its loot driven shooter that officially released on PS4, Xbox One, and PC today. A post on the game's Reddit page opens by stating that the developer is able to make some fixes without the need for a patch, but notes that others will require players to download an update.
In the former category, BioWare has already addressed a number of issues that were reported by the community, including a bug that displayed and rewarded the incorrect amount of Coin for some activities, and another that was causing rain to fall more often than intended. There has also been tweaks to the kind of items that chests drop, as well as how the shield performs, among other things.
BioWare is also working on some other fixes which, as mentioned above, will require the player to download an update. These include an issue that would result in the final boss in the game's Heart of Rage stronghold not appearing, problems with HDR on PS4 and Xbox One, and game crashes. You can see the full list of live and upcoming changes below.
- Coin changes for daily/weekly -- We have fixed an issue that displayed and rewarded the incorrect amount of Coin from various activities
- Stronghold matchmaking -- We have extended the timer that allows for matchmaking in a stronghold. This should allow groups to fill easier when matchmaking
- Non-stop rain -- We have fixed an issue that was causing it to rain in game more than intended
- Fusion proc bonuses on weapons -- Weapons were incorrectly applying infusion proc/bonuses from being equipped when they should only have been applying bonuses from the weapon that was in the active slot
- Chests found in missions changes -- Chests found in missions now have less of a chance to drop higher tiered items
- Emotes not properly saving -- We have fixed the issue that was causing emotes not to save properly when bound
- Shield fix -- We corrected an issue that was allowing players who still have shields active to be one shot by high damaging attacks
- The final boss in the Heart of Rage stronghold isn't appearing if the group wipes before engaging
- HDR is currently disabled on consoles (Xbox One and PS4)
- Some players are encountering issues that are causing them to crash
BioWare has detailed Anthem's day one patch, which is significant and covers everything from loading times and server disconnects to tweaks for Strongholds, challenges, gear, weapons, and more.
Anthem became available to play on Friday, February 15 for those with EA Access subscriptions on Xbox One or Origin Access membership on PC. Both versions offered a 10-hour trial, and Origin Access Premier granted unlimited access. The game's general release is today, and if you're diving in, be sure to check out our Anthem combo guide.
GameSpot's Anthem review awarded it 6/10. "Anthem has good ideas, but it struggles significantly with the execution," said Kallie Plagge. "It's a co-op game that works best with no one talking; it buries genuinely interesting character moments and puts its most incomprehensible story bits at the forefront; its combat is exciting until you get to the boss fights and find your wings have been clipped. Even the simple, exhilarating act of flying is frequently interrupted by the limitations of your javelin, and you never quite shake that feeling of disappointment--of knowing, throughout the good parts of Anthem, that you'll inevitably come crashing back down."
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org