Among Us Players Can Now Murder Toad
Players have found away to mod the game to add designs from Super Mario Bros., Danganronpa, and more.
Among Us is a game about creating your own experience. You can tweak and change the in-game rules to your heart's desire in order to create the experience you want, but some players are going a little further. They've found a way to add their own custom character designs to the game by modding it.
One mod turns every crewmate and impostor into a Toad from Paper Mario while another adds Monokuma from the Danganronpa series. Other mods have changed the designs of crewmates, ghosts, and impostors in smaller ways, like this special Halloween design.
Among Us is an online multiplayer game, so every change that individual players make will only show up on their devices, though these new skin packs are fun if everyone in your group adds them to their games. Here's a tutorial on how to replace the in-game art with other designs. Remember that cheating has become a problem in Among Us, so don't add any mods that let you alter gameplay.
Players have done more than replace character models, too. They've changed the asteroids that you need to shoot into Pickle Rick, replaced the swipeable card with a Subway card, and even swapped the emergency sound effects with an audio clip from Team Fortress 2. We should see more mods come out as Among Us continues on this trend of wild popularity.
Players have made their own house rules to change how Among Us plays, so it's only natural that some players will go even further to customize their experience. These skin packs could be a great way for players to act out murder mysteries with their favorite characters. We're bound to see a lot of crazy Among Us content like this after the game hit 4 billion views on YouTube.
- Fortnite And Among Us Collaboration Teased As Epic Acknowledges Impostors' Inspiration
- Among Us July 7 Patch Notes: New Vent Cleaning Task, Bug Fixes
- Among Us McDonald's Chicken Nugget Reaches $99,000 On Ebay
- An Among Us Collector's Edition Is Coming From Limited Run Games
- Among Us Lands On PS4, PS5 Later This Year
- The US Video Game Industry Is Thriving Right Now
- Among Us Dev Reveals The Impact Of Going On Jimmy Fallon
- Among Us Update Lets Multiple Users Log In On Same Device
- The New Among Us Airship Map Brings The Heat With New Ways To Play
- Among Us Will Headline Jimmy Fallon's First Twitch Stream, Here's How To Watch
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.