3DS's Fire Emblem Remake Has A $45 Season Pass, Here's What It Includes
More dungeons, maps, and other additional content await.
Nintendo describes the upcoming Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia as a "massive" game, but those who want even more to do will have no shortage of DLC to further bolster the experience.
Nintendo today outlined its DLC plans for Echoes, with a total of five packs on the way. These will add new dungeons, maps, story content, and classes. The first one will be available on launch day, with three more due out by June 1. Details on the fifth pack have not yet been specified.
Here's how Nintendo describes them all:
- DLC Pack #1 -- Fledgling Warriors Pack (May 19, $7.99/£7.19/€7,99, three pieces of content): Ideal for early- to mid-game adventurers, this pack includes a new dungeon (The Astral Temple) and two new maps, great for gaining more items, money and experience points.
- DLC Pack #2 -- Undaunted Heroes Pack (May 25, $9.99/£8.99/€9,99, three pieces of content): In addition to a new dungeon (The Inner Sanctum), this pack also includes two challenging new maps that stronger, more seasoned heroes will want to tackle.
- DLC Pack #3 -- Lost Altars Pack (May 25, $14.99/£13.49/€14,99, 10 pieces of content): The mysterious dungeons included in this pack hold the power to upgrade characters to exclusive classes that don’t appear in the main game.
- DLC Pack #4 -- Rise of the Deliverance Pack (June 1, $12.99/£11.69/€12,99, four pieces of content): Discover the previously untold history of Valentia in this Prologue pack. Complete with new story content and additional voice acting that details the rise of the Deliverance in Zofia, this collection of challenging maps includes new support conversations between selected heroes, as well as the ability to take command of a character players won’t be able to control in the main game.
- DLC Pack #5 ($5.99/ £4.49/€4,99, two pieces of content): More information about this final DLC pack will be revealed in the future.
Those interested in all of this can pick up a season pass, which consists of all five DLC packs, for $45/£39.99/€44,99. That saves you about $7 over buying each pack on its own.
Another alternative is to only buy specifically what you want. Nintendo says all of the "individual components" can be purchased separately, although pricing wasn't shared.
Alongside this paid content, free DLC is also on the way, but only for a limited time. This starts with "a special gift from Goddess Mila" that will be available starting on launch day. The DLC trailer above suggests this may be as simple as an in-game item.
Fire Emblem Echoes launches on May 19 for 3DS. It's a sort of reimagining of the second entry in the series, the Japan-only Fire Emblem Gaiden. It features free-roaming and 3D dungeons, as well as a variety of other new mechanics.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org