The Verge - Microsofts overall gaming revenues are only up thanks to Activision Blizzard

• 185 results
Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8176 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:
@ghostofgolden said:

No… When Xbox excluded ABK their numbers were down. Did you not read the report? Xbox spells it all out for you.

These figures were all provided by Xbox in their report…

clearly you don't know when you're being made fun of.. 🤡

the point is that, sure, Xbox numbers would be down IF you exclude ABK.. BUT, ABK is Xbox.. and WITH ABK, the numbers are up bigly, as expected.. 🤷‍♂️

not sure what's so hard to understand..

I didn’t exclude anything. Xbox did. And Xbox excluded ABK to show their losses… Not sure what’s so hard to understand…

🤡😂🤣

Microsoft excluded ABK and yet their content/services were up 62% and overall gaming revenue was up 51%?!..

Wow, that's even more impressive than I thought.. 🤡

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#102 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2551 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

Microsoft excluded ABK and yet their content/services were up 62% and overall gaming revenue was up 51%?!..

You’re so silly. Those numbers are with ABK included. The -4% gaming revenue, -31% hardware revenue and 1% content and services revenue are without ABK. Again reported and provided by Xbox.

Keep spinning 😵‍💫

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Antwan3K
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:

[...]

Those numbers are with ABK included.

[...]

quick question.. does Microsoft Gaming include Xbox Game Studios, Bethesda/Zenimax, and Activision/Blizzard/King?..

True or False..

answer that question and see what spinning actually looks like.. 🤡

here's a clue: anything after the "but" is spinning..

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 GhostOfGolden

@Antwan3K: Ask Xbox why they’re reporting with and without ABK revenue numbers and get back to us…

🤡🤣😂😵‍💫

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#105 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69857 Posts

Question avoidance confirmed 😂

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 GhostOfGolden

@Pedro said:

Thank goodness you’re here! Maybe you can answer why we are supposed to ignore metrics provided by Xbox and ridicule those who reference them…

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@Pedro: As sson as I saw the thread title, I knew who the TC was going to be. XD

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Pedro  Online

@HalcyonScarlet: He is as predictable as gravity.🤷‍♂️

@ghostofgolden: Maybe you should answer the question you were asked instead of dragging me in your avoidance .😂

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 GhostOfGolden

@Pedro said:

@ghostofgolden: Maybe you should answer the question you were asked instead of dragging me in your avoidance .😂

You and Antwan can’t shake the fact that Xbox themselves provided with and without ABK revenue figures and yoy comparisons. It really does a number on your spinning narrative 🤭

🤣😵‍💫emoji😂🤡

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50595 Posts

I dont get it, dude literally pointed out what MS provided.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3447 Posts

The rumour is that Sony is only profitable because of stuff they own.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2460 Posts

I always wanted to see Microsoft leave the console business, but now that Sony sucks too and Nintendo doesn't compete anymore I can't even feel Schadenfreude.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2077 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:
@Pedro said:

You and Antwan can’t shake the fact that Xbox themselves provided with and without ABK revenue figures and yoy comparisons. It really does a number on your spinning narrative 🤭

🤣😵‍💫emoji😂🤡

They do that to demonstrate the ABK acquisition was a sound investment, it's a way for executive leadership to demonstrate that they have a degree of competence, I.E we have identified a weakness in our hardware demand and thus first party exclusive investment will not be sufficient or have an appropriate ROI to justify the level of risk for the required capital expenditure, so they went a different route to grow revenue through a major acquisition, so the with/without comparisons are there to vindicate the executive leaderships decisions. The operating loss is also expected to reverse as costs associated with the merger reduce/cease and the market rolls into Holiday 24 which should provide a bump in revenue. Xbox hardware volumes being down and continuing to head down is exactly in line with predictions and is partially what spurred the ABK deal.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6002 Posts

Sony are predicting massive drops in unit shipments.

Development costs of games are massive and no sign of them coming down.

This is a transisitioning year or 2.

Nobody can stand still or they will lose.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

lol :P

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#116 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13038 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

🤣😵‍💫emoji😂🤡

So now you believe everything MS says? When they provided Game Pass numbers, you were convinced they were lying. NOW you trust them for some reason?

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 GhostOfGolden

@sonny2dap said:

They do that to demonstrate the ABK acquisition was a sound investment, it's a way for executive leadership to demonstrate that they have a degree of competence, I.E we have identified a weakness in our hardware demand and thus first party exclusive investment will not be sufficient or have an appropriate ROI to justify the level of risk for the required capital expenditure, so they went a different route to grow revenue through a major acquisition, so the with/without comparisons are there to vindicate the executive leaderships decisions. The operating loss is also expected to reverse as costs associated with the merger reduce/cease and the market rolls into Holiday 24 which should provide a bump in revenue. Xbox hardware volumes being down and continuing to head down is exactly in line with predictions and is partially what spurred the ABK deal.

Yup. Like I stated earlier, mergers and acquisitions are their growth plan moving forward. What they showed in their financials breakdown was that the ABK acquisition brought in a great deal of revenue. But also that without it, they would have been down year over year. ABK alone won’t save them. Xbox needs something to hit or they will just fall year over year in ‘25. Their games have been performing well on the PlayStation platform, so maybe that’s the boost they’ll need moving forward.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By GhostOfGolden
@kvallyx said:
@ghostofgolden said:

🤣😵‍💫emoji😂🤡

So now you believe everything MS says? When they provided Game Pass numbers, you were convinced they were lying. NOW you trust them for some reason?

I point out how they play fast and loose with the truth in headlines and PR releases. A financial report is hard to dispute. They’ve been hush, hush on what information they’ve shared, sure. But they’ve always been transparent with their “games,” like when they were rolling software sales and services revenue together. It’s pretty obvious why they were doing that. And the only reason we knew was because they told us. When have I said they were lying about Game Pass numbers? I’ve said they’ve stretched the truth with the “profitable for us” claim. Which is hardly a hot take.

Are you saying you DONT trust them now?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Pedro  Online

@ghostofgolden said:
@Pedro said:

🤣😵‍💫emoji😂🤡

Avoidance yet again.🤭 Point to the comment which I avoided facts in this thread. I look forward to your deflection 😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Pedro  Online

@kvallyx: Look at him trying to flip the tables after you call him out on his own behavior 😂 Do you trust him?😏

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts

More good news for Microsoft!

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 KvallyX

@ghostofgolden said:
@kvallyx said:
@ghostofgolden said:

🤣😵‍💫emoji😂🤡

I point out how they play fast and loose with the truth in headlines and PR releases. A financial report is hard to dispute. They’ve been hush, hush on what information they’ve shared, sure. But they’ve always been transparent with their “games,” like when they were rolling software sales and services revenue together. It’s pretty obvious why they were doing that. And the only reason we knew was because they told us. When have I said they were lying about Game Pass numbers? I’ve said they’ve stretched the truth with the “profitable for us” claim. Which is hardly a hot take.

Are you saying you DONT trust them now?

I trust all their reports and all of Sonys. I don't pick and choose.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Antwan3K

@Pedro said:

just as predicted lol..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Antwan3K
@Chutebox said:

I dont get it, dude literally pointed out what MS provided.

if only that were the case..

instead, we have a thread where TC has spent the last three pages trying to convince everyone (mostly himself) that a huge boost in content/service revenue (+62%) and overall gaming revenue (+51%) due to the ABK acquisition is somehow "bad news" for Xbox..

y'know, ABK being the huge publisher that Microsoft aquired for the express purpose of boosting their content, services, and gaming revenue..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Antwan3K

@kvallyx: yep, when Microsoft repeatedly states that the Game Pass service is already financially viable, profitable, and sustainable, @ghostofgolden doesn't believe any of that..

but when Microsoft provides simple math that shows how beneficial the ABK purchase was, he translates that to "Xbox is doomed"..

🤡

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GhostOfGolden

@Antwan3K said:

@kvallyx: yep, when Microsoft repeatedly states that the Game Pass service is already financially viable, profitable, and sustainable, @ghostofgolden doesn't believe any of that..

but when Microsoft provides simple math that shows how beneficial the ABK purchase was, he translates that to "Xbox is doomed"..

🤡

This is simple! All they’d have to do is show some of the “simple math” they provided in the quarterly results that shows that Game Pass is profitable. They have yet to do that. In fact they‘re the only company that doesn’t share any profits metrics. Them showing that Activision Blizzard had an operating deficit is the first time I think they’ve ever shared such data.

🤔🤭😵‍💫🤦🏾‍♂️🤣

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 GhostOfGolden
@Antwan3K said:
@Pedro said:

just as predicted lol..

I didn’t avoid anything. Your “question” is some gotcha nonsense. Of course ABK is part of Xbox. I didn’t separate the revenue numbers. They did. You two can try to spin that all you want. Xbox was illustrating that they’d be in the red without ABK while also showing that ABK didn’t have a great quarter either. That’s why when Xbox execs got in front of the press, all they wanted to talk about was their software sales performance on PlayStation… Your Xbox goon buddies on Twitter even broke down how Xbox talked more about PlayStation than Xbox on their last press release 😂🤣😂

This is the company yall wanna defend this hard?!

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Antwan3K
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:

🤡

This is simple! All they’d have to do is show some of the “simple math” they provided in the quarterly results that shows that Game Pass is profitable. They have yet to do that. In fact they‘re the only company that doesn’t share any profits metrics. Them showing that Activision Blizzard had an operating deficit is the first time I think they’ve ever shared such data.

🤔🤭😵‍💫🤦🏾‍♂️🤣

in terms of Game Pass, they have made several public statements on the matter.. that should be more than enough from a consumer standpoint.. but since it doesn't fit your narrative, you choose to ignore it and that's exactly why @kvallyx called you out..

and in terms of ABK, nothing you say changes the fact that they are up 62% in content/services and up 51% in overall gaming thanks to that acquisition.. i mean, it's the exact reason why they acquired ABK but you're out here on constant spin cycle trying to turn an expected huge boost in revenue into "bad news"..

🤡

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Antwan3K
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:
@Pedro said:

just as predicted lol..

[...]

Of course ABK is part of Xbox.

[...]

yep.. and as such, with ABK, Xbox content/services is up 62% and overall Xbox gaming is up 51%..

everything beyond that is spinning..

any contrast between "with ABK" and "without ABK" only serves to show the huge beneficial impact ABK had.. and since ABK is a part of Xbox, that beneficial impact is the ultimate takeaway of that contrast.. that's likely why Microsoft included the contrast in order to make it crystal clear how huge ABK is for Xbox..

yet your cow brain translates that into "Xbox is doomed".. 🙄🤡

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 KvallyX

@Antwan3K said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:
@Pedro said:

just as predicted lol..

[...]

[...]

yep.. and as such, with ABK, Xbox content/services is up 62% and overall Xbox gaming is up 51%..

MS bought Activision for 68 billion dollars. MSFT is still at $3 trillion in market value. INSANE!

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Antwan3K

@kvallyx said:
@Antwan3K said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:
@Pedro said:

just as predicted lol..

[...]

[...]

MS bought Activision for 68 billion dollars. MSFT is still at $3 trillion in market value. INSANE!

yep.. but @ghostofgolden is perpetually "concerned" about Microsoft's financials.. 🙄

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1102 Posts
@Pedro said:

@loudheadphones: I see that facts are not your favorite topic.🤭

@Antwan3K said:
@Pedro said:

All this work and ABK is still Xbox.😂

the cows are really having a hard time with this simple logic..

It is OK to be bitter, Xbox peeps. We surely having a hard time Xbox is going 3rd party. LOL

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Antwan3K
@loudheadphones said:
@Pedro said:

@Antwan3K said:
@Pedro said:

It is OK to be bitter, Xbox peeps. We surely having a hard time Xbox is going 3rd party. LOL

Xbox has been 3rd party since 2016.. Xbox putting their software on as many devices as possible has been their business strategy for over a generation now..

i think it's cows that are having a hard time with the fact that Sony is slowly but surely following in their footsteps..

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3447 Posts

Our poor golden savior of system wars is like those old Japanese guys, stranded on desert islands, thinking WW2 was still going.🤣

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By loudheadphones

@Antwan3K said:
@loudheadphones said:
@Pedro said:

@Antwan3K said:
@Pedro said:

Xbox has been 3rd party since 2016..

i think it's cows that are having a hard time with the fact that Sony is slowly but surely following in their footsteps..

Nope. They've bend the knee few months ago. And 4 games are only the beginning

Xbox putting their software on as many devices as possible has been their business strategy for over a generation now..

Sure, sure, Xboy. But all of a sudden it became a real world problem and huge Xbots saltiness and tears when Grounded, Sea Of Thieves, Hi-Fi and Pentiment were announced for PS5 few months ago.

This is fine.gif

As a reminder how Xbots bitch shills reacted

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Antwan3K

@loudheadphones: if hardcore Xbox fanboys don't understand Xbox's strategy, that's on them..

same with hardcore PlayStation fanboys like you that don't understand Sony is heading in the same direction because there is money to be made by expanding your software to more potential customers... 🤷‍♂️

the console wars are over and Sony won about 8 years ago.. fanboys in general need to let it go..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 KvallyX

@Antwan3K said:
@loudheadphones said:

Xbox has been 3rd party since 2016.. Xbox putting their software on as many devices as possible has been their business strategy for over a generation now..

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 loudheadphones

@Antwan3K said:

@loudheadphones: if hardcore Xbox fanboys don't understand Xbox's strategy, that's on them..

Sure, pretend that you are neutral. So, transparent

same with hardcore PlayStation fanboys like you that don't understand Sony is heading in the same direction because there is money to be made by expanding your software to more potential customers... 🤷‍♂️

the console wars are over and Sony won about 8 years ago.. fanboys in general need to let it go..

LOL. Keep pushing "Sony too" narrative because Xbox is losing and going 3rd party. PS to Sony is not what Xbox is to MS which is totally irrelevant shit, same as Xbox fandom.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 loudheadphones

@kvallyx said:
@Antwan3K said:
@loudheadphones said:

GAAS games, yes. Not SP games, Xboy. And you know it. Tell that shit on icon, Xboy.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6943 Posts

@Antwan3K said:
@silentchief said:
@Antwan3K said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:

[...]

[...]

Xbox content and services is up 62% and Xbox gaming revenue is up 51%.. how can i spin this to make it out to be bad news for Xbox?.. 🤔🤡

Anyone with a basic knowledge of financial's knows this isn't great news. They only posted an increase because they are comparing the growth to years before they bought the largest third party publisher. Looking at this trend they will be posting negative growth every year after this unless they do something drastic to change the companies they own. It also shows their strategy wasn't working and buying up the industry was all they could do to save face.

and anyone with basic knowledge knows they bought ABK to increase revenue.. 😐

and *gasp*, it worked..

we'll have to wait and see how things look next year.. but anything before that, is just damage controlling the fact that Xbox content and services is up 62% and Xbox gaming revenue is up 51%..

It showed their strategy waa failing and the only hope they have is to buy up the industry in hopes that at some point they can post growth without another acquisition.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By KvallyX
@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:
@Antwan3K said:
@loudheadphones said:

GAAS games, yes. Not SP games, Xboy. And you know it. Tell that shit on icon, Xboy.

Pretty cool that more people get to play our PS games, don't ya think? Sony finally adheres to their slogan of "For the Players". It's smart that they have gone multiplatform, on a player perspective! I am a proud cow.

Regarding GaaS, Sony has now stated it's for all their games.

“In short, it will be ubiquitous. Wherever there is computing, users will be able to play their favourite games, seamlessly. Gamers will be able to find a place to play in different spaces. While PlayStation will remain our core product, we will expand our gaming experiences to PC, mobile, and cloud.” - Yoshida

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Antwan3K
@silentchief said:
@Antwan3K said:
@silentchief said:
@Antwan3K said:

Xbox content and services is up 62% and Xbox gaming revenue is up 51%.. how can i spin this to make it out to be bad news for Xbox?.. 🤔🤡

Anyone with a basic knowledge of financial's knows this isn't great news. They only posted an increase because they are comparing the growth to years before they bought the largest third party publisher. Looking at this trend they will be posting negative growth every year after this unless they do something drastic to change the companies they own. It also shows their strategy wasn't working and buying up the industry was all they could do to save face.

and *gasp*, it worked..

we'll have to wait and see how things look next year.. but anything before that, is just damage controlling the fact that Xbox content and services is up 62% and Xbox gaming revenue is up 51%..

It showed their strategy waa failing and the only hope they have is to buy up the industry in hopes that at some point they can post growth without another acquisition.

so whenever PlayStation's YoY numbers are down, that mean's their strategy is failing?... how about all the times Xbox's YoY numbers were up?.. did that mean their strategy was working?..

also, i guess that means PlayStation's past strategy was failing since they've now pivoted towards increased PC support along with cloud and mobile (similar to Xbox)..

please let me know where the goalpost has been moved to so i can properly keep track..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Antwan3K
@loudheadphones said:
@Antwan3K said:

LOL. Keep pushing "Sony too" narrative because Xbox is losing and going 3rd party. PS to Sony is not what Xbox is to MS which is totally irrelevant shit, same as Xbox fandom.

i'm just providing you with facts..

Microsoft/Xbox has had live service games on PlayStation and Nintendo devices for years.. so Sea of Theives and Grounded going over is already in line with what they had with Minecraft, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and now Call of Duty Warzone..

Microsoft/Xbox has been porting smaller A-AA titles to PlayStation and Nintendo devices for years.. So Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment going over is already in line with what they had with Ori and the Blind Forest, Super Lucky's Tale, and As Dusk Falls..

you're the one that's pretending like any of this is new.. what is actually new is the "Sony too" strategy that the PlayStation CEO has already outlined where the "future of PlayStation is on consoles, PC, mobile, and cloud"..

and that sounds very familiar with Xbox's strategy.. a fact that seems to cause you daily levels of butthurt..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 KvallyX

@Antwan3K said:
@loudheadphones said:
@Antwan3K said:

Microsot/Xbox has had live service games on PlayStation and Nintendo devices for years.. so Sea of Theives and Grounded going over is already in line with what they had with Minecraft, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and now Call of Duty Warzone..

Micros/Xbox porting has been porting smaller A-AA titles to PlayStation and Nintendo devices for years.. So Hi-Fi Rush and Pentament going over is already in line with what they had with Ori and the Blind Forest, Super Lucky's Tale, and As Dusk Falls..

you're the one that's pretending like any of this is new.. what is actually new is the "Sony too" strategy that the PlayStation CEO has already outline where the "future of PlayStation is on consoles, PC, mobile, and cloud"..

and that sounds very familiar with Xbox's strategy.. a fact that seems to cause you daily levels of butthurt..

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6943 Posts
@Antwan3K said:
@silentchief said:
@Antwan3K said:
@silentchief said:

and *gasp*, it worked..

so whenever PlayStation's YoY numbers are down, that mean's their strategy is failing?... how about all the times Xbox's YoY numbers were up?.. did that mean their strategy was working?..

also, i guess that means PlayStation's past strategy was failing since they've now pivoted towards increased PC support along with cloud and mobile (similar to Xbox)..

please let me know where the goalpost has been moved to so i can properly keep track..

When's the last time their numbers have been up? They stopped reporting console sales years ago because their brand continues to go into the dumps. Most of their revenue growth has come from acquisitions and they are incapable of posting growth organically. This matters because at some point they won't have an acquisition to pad the numbers.

No , PlayStations strategy was actually working but because they are greedy morons they are naive enough to think pivoting to PC will help them.... it won't. Sony will be worse off than Microsoft if they follow Microsofts strategy. It isn't a coincidence their console sales are down as they have moved games to PC. The same thing happened to MS and it will happen to Sony. The difference is Sony doesn't have trillions of dollars to buy up the industry.

No goal post are being moved because I'm just telling you what will most likely happen. All industry execs see is the potential without seeing the reality.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By loudheadphones
@Antwan3K said:
@loudheadphones said:
@Antwan3K said:

Microsoft/Xbox has had live service games on PlayStation and Nintendo devices for years.. so Sea of Theives and Grounded going over is already in line with what they had with Minecraft, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and now Call of Duty Warzone..

You really fucking using an already bought titles which were already made way before for other platforms and before they were purchased and using that as proof that Xbox is going 3rd party? You are fucked up Xbot. Really!

Sea Of Thieves, Grounded, Hi-Fi, Pentiment doesn't fall in line with Elder, COD, Minecraft. LOL They were announced for PS5/NSW because XSeries console are selling like shit, Gamepass numbers stall for very long time.

What facts? Facts by Xbot. There is no fact by Xbot. Also, remind you that just half a year ago Phil Spencer touted Starfield as exclusive for Xbox. That doesn't sound as 3rd party Xbox is going. So, Xbox wasn't 3rd party before they've announced that in a podcast 2 months ago or when Satya Nadella said they want to be a good publisher 2 months ago. That's the time when Xbox started going 3rd party.

Microsoft/Xbox porting has been porting smaller A-AA titles to PlayStation and Nintendo devices for years.. So Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment going over is already in line with what they had with Ori and the Blind Forest, Super Lucky's Tale, and As Dusk Falls..

you're the one that's pretending like any of this is new.. what is actually new is the "Sony too" strategy that the PlayStation CEO has already outlined where the "future of PlayStation is on consoles, PC, mobile, and cloud"..

Super Lucky's Tale isn't a Microsoft IP. LOL

For years? Mind you that Phil Spencer said that there will be NO MORE Xbox games on Switch after Ori. That's 3rd party initiative, huh? Sometimes Xbots needs to STFU with their "facts"

Phil Spencer on supporting Switch: "it doesn't feel sustainable" to continue considering Xbox games on a case-by-casis basis for Switch

No wonder why Xbox and Xbox is fucked up an rotten to the core. Keep going! Keep going to be rotten to the core and stay there. You get what you've fucking deserve. No more, no less.

Using a quote from Sony CEO from January 2024 when literally a just a month after you have a quote that GAAS games will be day one on PC, SP doesn't.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Antwan3K

@silentchief said:
@Antwan3K said:
@silentchief said:
@Antwan3K said:
@silentchief said:

[...]

[..]

[...]

When's the last time their numbers have been up? They stopped reporting console sales years ago because their brand continues to go into the dumps. Most of their revenue growth has come from acquisitions and they are incapable of posting growth organically. This matters because at some point they won't have an acquisition to pad the numbers.

No , PlayStations strategy was actually working but because they are greedy morons they are naive enough to think pivoting to PC will help them.... it won't. Sony will be worse off than Microsoft if they follow Microsofts strategy. It isn't a coincidence their console sales are down as they have moved games to PC. The same thing happened to MS and it will happen to Sony. The difference is Sony doesn't have trillions of dollars to buy up the industry.

No goal post are being moved because I'm just telling you what will most likely happen. All industry execs see is the potential without seeing the reality.

who's talking about console sales?.. these are YoY financial reports.. there are quarters when Xbox revenue for content, services, and gaming have been up and others where they have been down.. same for PlayStation..

and cool story bro.. Sony is making the decisions that will make them the most money.. and that strategy seems to be the same one Xbox has already adopted.. sorry, not sorry, if that ruins your obsession over an outdated console war..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Antwan3K
@loudheadphones said:
@Antwan3K said:
@loudheadphones said:
@Antwan3K said:

@loudheadphones: [..]

[...]

You really fucking using an already bought titles which were already made way before for other platforms and before they were purchased and using that as proof that Xbox is going 3rd party? You are fucked up Xbot. Really!

Sea Of Thieves, Grounded, Hi-Fi doesn't fall in line with 3rd party initiative. LOL They were announced because XSeries console are selling like shit, Gamepass numbers stall for very long time.

What facts? Facts by Xbot. There is no fact by Xbot. Also, remind you that just half a year ago Phil Spencer touted Starfield as exclusive for Xbox. So, Xbox wasn't 3rd party before they've announced that in a podcast 2 months ago or when Satya Nadella said they want to be a good publisher 2 months ago. That's the time when Xbox is going 3rd party.

Microsoft/Xbox porting has been porting smaller A-AA titles to PlayStation and Nintendo devices for years.. So Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment going over is already in line with what they had with Ori and the Blind Forest, Super Lucky's Tale, and As Dusk Falls..

For years? Mind you that Phil Spencer said that there will be NO MORE Xbox games on Switch after Ori. That's 3rd party initiative, huh? Sometimes Xbots needs to STFU with their "facts"

Phil Spencer on supporting Switch: "it doesn't feel sustainable" to continue considering Xbox games on a case-by-casis basis for Switch

the butthurt is real when you start dropping f-bombs.. 🤭

again, the facts are facts no matter how much you get mad.. factually, Xbox has been 3rd party since 2016 when all their games have been available on Steam.. just like PlayStation is becoming more and more a 3rd party..

factually, Xbox putting live service games on other platforms is not only something they've been doing for years but it's also something that Sony does with MLB, Destiny 2, and the upcoming Marathon.. i'd wager this trend will continue moving forward because it makes financial sense.. and factually Xbox has been porting A-AA titles over for years, way before HiFi Rush and Pentiment..

you are unfortunately living is a delusional console fanboy fantasyland.. and due that obsession with plastic boxes, you can't simply enjoy the fact that Sony already won the console war with the PS4 and are just pivoting to a wider ecosystem.. instead you are just kicking and screaming at the fact that the Sony CEO is literally telling what the future of PlayStation is: consoles, PC, mobile, and cloud..

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By loudheadphones

@Antwan3K said:
@silentchief said:
@Antwan3K said:
@silentchief said:
@Antwan3K said:

[..]

[...]

who's talking about console sales?.. these are YoY financial reports.. there are quarters when Xbox revenue for content, services, and gaming have been up and others where they have been down.. same for PlayStation..

and cool story bro.. Sony is making the decisions that will make them the most money.. and that strategy seems to be the same one Xbox has already adopted.. sorry, not sorry, if that ruins your obsession over an outdated console war..

Console sales matter, Xboy. Gamepass is VERY TIED to Xbox sales. Xbox is selling like shit, Gamepass can't grow. If XSeries do not selling like SHIT, Xbox wouldn't go 3rd party. Already claiming that PS is down in revenue in financial reports yet, report is a 3 and a half week away.

Outdated console war. Of course, Xbots will use an excuse because Xbox is demolished by PS and Nintendo. Console matters, exclusive matters.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Antwan3K
@loudheadphones said:
@Antwan3K said:
@silentchief said:
@Antwan3K said:

Console sales matter, Xboy. Gamepass is VERY TIED to Xbox sales. Xbox is selling like shit, Gamepass can't grow. If XSeries do not selling like SHIT, Xbox wouldn't go 3rd party. Already claiming that PS is down in revenue in financial reports yet, report is a 3 and a half week away.

Outdated console war. Of course, Xbots will use an excuse because Xbox is demolished by PS and Nintendo. Console matters, exclusive matters.

i never said console sales don't matter.. they do.. but the console market is just one sector of gaming.. there's also PC, mobile, and cloud..

and the more a company takes advantage of those other markets, the less focus needs to be made on the sales of hardware in one market...

this is apparently why PlayStatio is adopting the same strategy as Xbox..