"The Last of Us" TV series, Pentiment, and We are OFK have won Peabodies.

• 57 results
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#51 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70254 Posts

@Mozelleple112: You are still unable to note the difference between objective vs subjective and that opinions are not facts. Don't struggle with the basics.🤷‍♂️

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2621 Posts

I can think of atleast 3 Mario games with a better story than TLOU. And 2 Forza Horizon games. Tetris Effect. The RROD was even more compelling. I felt more experiencing that than anything in TLOU…

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6642 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

I can think of atleast 3 Mario games with a better story than TLOU. And 2 Forza Horizon games. Tetris Effect. The RROD was even more compelling. I felt more experiencing that than anything in TLOU…

That one gave me a good chuckle.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10538 Posts

just to stay on topic i thought tlou tv adaptation was really good and hope it gets all the plaudits it deserves.

now to go back off again, i do think tlou has a fantastic video game story, video game being the key part of the sentence i.e. it's not cinema.

the more action oriented a game is, the harder a time it has of delivering a story of any depth or complexity without being detrimental to the game.

i think tlou has done one of the best jobs of striking the right balance between the two so they both connect, something many other games have tried and failed to do, trying to cram in too much story, messing up the pacing, and ending up as frustrating walk and talk simulators for large parts, tlou 2 included.

yeah at heart tlou has a simple theme and yeah it's a well trodden path, and those things are mirrored in the gameplay, but the two elements work real well together, resulting in a very good game, if that kind of thing is your cup of tea, and bearing in mind its age.

@ghostofgolden said:

The RROD was even more compelling.

lol that did evoke powerful emotions. my warranty had expired so mine got the old towel trick to bring it back to life and then it quickly got traded in for an elite whilst it still worked. very thrilling

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59290 Posts

Fun fact, this is the best video game adaptation. Story won Oscars for its le emotional depth and social themes and stuff.

Loading Video...
PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8505 Posts

Consensus best story...but not surprising considering the person who defines his favorites by metacritic. Wish I had the patience to deliver the beating Conan did in the past.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22885 Posts

I just caught up on this thread... It swings back and forth between hilarity and insanity really well... 😂 The "greatest story in games" spoken as a fact tickles me in all the best ways.... 🤣

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#60 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14944 Posts

Peabody citations

The Last of Us

Pentiment

We Are OFK