Summer game shows wishlist? what games you want them to announced or reveal?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25045 Posts

Hello,

so whats your summer games wishlist? E3 replace by different shows like Xbox game show, sony show, PC show etc.

here's my wishlist

Doom (third game) announcement: Rumors surrounding its going to be announced at xbox game show. so finally id going to announced it.

STALKER 2 proper gameplay: Please show us 20-25 minutes uncut gameplay. most likely will shown as I read on reddit by developer

Project 007 by IO: Have been waiting for this reveal after initial announcement. Perfect developers for James Bond game.

Next Metro: waiting for reveal and hoping its more like Metro 2033 and last light and less like Exodus.

More Indiana Jones Gameplay: Show us proper gameplay with release date

Clockwork revolution: new gameplay with release date

Judas: More gameplay and more info.

Resident Evil 9: With rumors surrounding set on non linear Island starting Leon Kennedy. hope its turn out like RE4 remake. hope for reveal.

So friends what summer show games you want them to reveal or announced? lets discuss

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46598 Posts

I just want to get my hands on Age of Mythology remake, that is all for now.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34749 Posts

Hi.

I don't have one. I hope to be happily surprised.

I want to see more of STALKER 2 of course, but I want them to show me good shit when said good shit is made. Not hastily put together some more cinematic crap for a bullshit game show.

I'd like to see another Doom, but I don't like the direction it went in. Don't really want more of 2016 and Eternal, I want more of old Doom. Let me think a bit with some puzzles and exploration instead of spamming arenas on me with goofy looking enemies where I have to spam ammo or health attacks whenever they get low. New Dooms are Doom for dummies, and I'm not a huge fan. They're fun, but I miss real Doom with real level design. If their plan with the series is more of the same, I'd rather they make a new Quake instead.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

Hi.

I don't have one. I hope to be happily surprised.

I want to see more of STALKER 2 of course, but I want them to show me good shit when said good shit is made. Not hastily put together some more cinematic crap for a bullshit game show.

I'd like to see another Doom, but I don't like the direction it went in. Don't really want more of 2016 and Eternal, I want more of old Doom. Let me think a bit with some puzzles and exploration instead of spamming arenas on me with goofy looking enemies where I have to spam ammo or health attacks whenever they get low. New Dooms are Doom for dummies, and I'm not a huge fan. They're fun, but I miss real Doom with real level design. If their plan with the series is more of the same, I'd rather they make a new Quake instead.

new Quake would be cruxified by multiplayer fans. id are SP developer. even they create best possible single player Quake still would got hate. I do want reboot of Quake 1 but they are maybe doing another Doom reboot 3rd game.

2016 and Eternal are among 2 of best FPS of all time. perfect mix of old school and modern. don't fix if ain't broken.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Litchie
@ghosts4ever said:

new Quake would be cruxified by multiplayer fans. id are SP developer. even they create best possible single player Quake still would got hate. I do want reboot of Quake 1 but they are maybe doing another Doom reboot 3rd game.

2016 and Eternal are among 2 of best FPS of all time. perfect mix of old school and modern. don't fix if ain't broken.

Yeah, if the MP sucks. No reason to complain if there's good MP. Or if the game is advertised as SP only.

It's not like id are clueless when it comes to MP, Quake III wouldn't be a thing. But then again, they made a MP mode in Eternal that was terrible. So I guess all the talent they had is gone.

I like how a quality game with good SP and MP today is completely unthinkable. We are more likely to get 50% of a game for full price, while having to pay the rest of the game in small expensive parts.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Yeah, if the MP sucks. No reason to complain if there's good MP. Or if the game is advertised as SP only.

It's not like id are clueless when it comes to MP, Quake III wouldn't be a thing. But then again, they made a MP mode in Eternal that was terrible. So I guess all the talent they had is gone.

I like how a quality game with good SP and MP today is completely unthinkable.

MP developers do not work at Id anymore. its all about SP. even MP portion handle by different developers. Doom 2016 MP made by certain affinity, Quake champion by Saber. not even using id engine.

They are SP developers so focus on what they mastered in. simple.

beside even if gamess turn out near perfect. you will still hate them because not enough childish colorful Nintendo games. lol you my friend still not change.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7284 Posts

Indiana Jones still not sure they went with first person would have preferred 3rd person for this kind of game.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Litchie
@ghosts4ever said:

beside even if gamess turn out near perfect. you will still hate them because not enough childish colorful Nintendo games.

@Litchie said:

They're fun, but I miss real Doom with real level design.

Something doesn't add up. Judging from what I said, it looks like I enjoyed the new Doom games. Also looks like I never complained about them having "not enough childish colorful Nintendo games".

Actually,

@Litchie said:

goofy looking enemies

It looks like I want the new Dooms to be less cartoony than they are.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ghosts4ever

@robert_sparkes said:

Indiana Jones still not sure they went with first person would have preferred 3rd person for this kind of game.

Third person would be uncharted clone.

glad its first person. unique and immersive experience.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@robert_sparkes said:

First person is unique? lol

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@robert_sparkes said:

more unique than usual third person games that are immersion breaking movie games.

Indiana jones being movie game is not criticism because it is based on heavily action packed movies with set pieces. so of course indy game having set pieces can not be criticism. like Robocop walk slow.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Litchie
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

more unique than usual third person games that are immersion breaking movie games.

Indiana jones being movie game is not criticism because it is based on heavily action packed movies with set pieces. so of course indy game having set pieces can not be criticism. like Robocop walk slow.

True. They should've made it a racing game to be even more unique.

And I didn't know movie games are immune to criticism as long as they're based on movies, and totally not OK if they're not movies first. Glad I know that now. What about Uncharted? Would the next game be better now that they've made an UC movie?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

True. They should've made it a racing game to be even more unique.

And I didn't know movie games are immune to criticism as long as they're based on movies, and totally not OK if they're not movies first. Glad I know that now. What about Uncharted? Would the next game be better now that they've made an UC movie?

Uncharted is video game series first. making it movie game first is what need to be criticize.

but if movie to game adoption. it would remain like movie.

John wick game is in development. should it be stealth adventure game? not. it should be pure shootout game ala Max Payne. or FEAR like FPS game. much and much focus on gun combat.

Indiana jones is movie that is adventure movie where indy fall a lot of time jump towards plane. running and running.

how can you adopt the game made into something that is not Indiana jones? of course game need set pieces and scripted events.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44658 Posts

Gears 6 and State Of Decay 3, both I believe are UE5 games and Epic didn't put the final touches on the engine until last year. So, I expect a lot of that delay came from that. Only games I think I've played that used it yet were Layers of Fear and Robocop. Can't wait to see what a more seasoned developer can do with it. Hellblade 2 will be MS's first UE5 game so looking forward to that.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7348 Posts

I would love to see someone other than Namco announce a new 3D fighting game.

EA making a new Wing Commander, or MS making a new Freelancer would be the most epic troll ever. No offense to Chris Roberts, I am looking forward to Squadron 42 (and yes, I do believe it will someday release), but it would still be funny.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56361 Posts

@cecilbenjamin: Sadly, there won't be any discussion coming from you!

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#18 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16036 Posts

I wanna see some World of Goo 2. The first one was very innovative, so I'm eager to see how they take it to the next level.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46598 Posts

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@robert_sparkes said:

For Indiana Jones games? Surely

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10538 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

Hello,

so whats your summer games wishlist? E3 replace by different shows like Xbox game show, sony show, PC show etc.

here's my wishlist

Doom (third game) announcement: Rumors surrounding its going to be announced at xbox game show. so finally id going to announced it.

STALKER 2 proper gameplay: Please show us 20-25 minutes uncut gameplay. most likely will shown as I read on reddit by developer

Project 007 by IO: Have been waiting for this reveal after initial announcement. Perfect developers for James Bond game.

Next Metro: waiting for reveal and hoping its more like Metro 2033 and last light and less like Exodus.

Resident Evil 9: With rumors surrounding set on non linear Island starting Leon Kennedy. hope its turn out like RE4 remake. hope for reveal.

So friends what summer show games you want them to reveal or announced? lets discuss

i'll take all those, minus metro, indiana jones and re9.

never been a big metro fan, i hope indiana jones turns out good but the reveal didn't do anything for me, and i played a few hours of re8 and traded it in. didn't feel like i was doing much more than wading through heavy cinematics, forced walking and on rails sections. was nothing like re4r. if it is anything like it, or re2r, i'm in though

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ghosts4ever

@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Hello,

here's my wishlist

i'll take all those, minus metro, indiana jones and re9.

never been a big metro fan, i hope indiana jones turns out good but the reveal didn't do anything for me, and i played a few hours of re8 and traded it in. didn't feel like i was doing much more than wading through heavy cinematics, forced walking and on rails sections. was nothing like re4r. if it is anything like it, or re2r, i'm in though

although I'm mostly looking forward to STALKER 2 but I cant imagine how James bond game by IO be like.

imagine sandbox style James bond game like Hitman. hitman like structure but more action oriented with stealth and gadgets. some car chases. cool villains

finally a game that can be successor to Splinter cell and MGS. and Bond is way big IP to be with correct developers behind.

Kojima MGS dead? Splinter cell dead? Now we will get Bond, James Bond. by IO interactive.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6190 Posts

Give me

A cracking indiana Jones

Avowed

Call od duty

Stalker 2

And I'll be very happy

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6643 Posts

Just show some more of Fable and announce Forza Horizon 6 set in Japan.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10538 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

although I'm mostly looking forward to STALKER 2 but I cant imagine how James bond game by IO be like.

imagine sandbox style James bond game like Hitman. hitman like structure but more action oriented with stealth and gadgets. some car chases. cool villains

finally a game that can be successor to Splinter cell and MGS. and Bond is way big IP to be with correct developers behind.

Kojima MGS dead? Splinter cell dead? Now we will get Bond, James Bond. by IO interactive.

io and james bond sounds like a match made in heaven. i'm hoping for exactly what you've said. fingers crossed

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2091 Posts

I want to see what the Starfield expansion will entail (and when its coming) and more to the point what the modders have been doing with the official tools.