Ghost of Tsushima PC is Being Delisted & Refunded in Countries Without PSN.

• 66 results
locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1560 Posts

Sony learned nothing from the Helldivers PR disaster. Key sites like Green Man Gaming are also refunding people in effected countries. Might be able to use a VPN to buy a key assuming Sony doesn't region lock it. Sony might as well be telling people to pirate their game.

Completely Unnecessary Ghost of Tsushima is primary a singleplayer game with optional multiplayer.

https://wccftech.com/ghost-of-tsushima-pc-delisted-steam-psn-despite-singleplayer-not-needing/

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22882 Posts

I read the sp game doesn't require sign in, but online mode does...? I've never played the game so not sure.... I do know that Sony sure knows how to eff it up like professionals though. It's their entire strategy this Gen... Trickle out the disippointment baby!

So glad I went steam deck this Gen.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56351 Posts

@locus-solus: The SP isn't necessary for PSN.

Thankfully, Legends mode is such a separate thing from the main game. You absolutely don't need to play it to experience GoT.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1560 Posts
@davillain said:

@locus-solus: The SP isn't necessary for PSN.

Thankfully, Legends mode is such a separate thing from the main game. You absolutely don't need to play it to experience GoT.

You can only buy the game in regions where PSN is available and it's true you don't need to link a psn account to play singleplayer. Problem is the game is being delisted in region where psn isn't available so you cant even buy it as a singleplayer game.

https://wccftech.com/ghost-of-tsushima-pc-delisted-steam-psn-despite-singleplayer-not-needing/

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator

@locus-solus: Oh dear! The part *the game is being delisted in region where PSN isn't available so you cant even buy it as a singleplayer game* is the thing I didn't see coming. Sony is gonna lose more money if they don't fixed this problem needing PSN.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1383 Posts

Cows...

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9558 Posts

Region specificity is inherently bad. Let everyone enjoy everything.

Sony is also bad for participating in it. Don't care for any attempts at "counter arguments."

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1615 Posts
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Region specificity is inherently bad. Let everyone enjoy everything.

Sony is also bad for participating in it. Don't care for any attempts at "counter arguments."

Exactly. When people say "X company does it too!" the first thought should be that they need to cut the region locking nonsense out too.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8322 Posts

@saint-george said:

Cows...

if this was Xbox, there would be headlines, threads, and deep-dive opinion peices about how Xbox management needs to be all fired, there is something fundamentally wrong with the Xbox gaming division, and somehow this is the fault of Game Pass and/or the ABK deal..

but since it's PlayStation, this thread will be mostly ignored and this will be forgotten by tomorrow..

on-topic, as a fan of the PlayStation PC initiative, this is just bad business.. I know how important MAU is moving forward but their mishandling of PSN integration on PC games has been abysmmal in this early attempts..

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15592 Posts

Truly baffling that in a 2024 global economy, a big multi-billion dollar company is still region locking their online products. Like, do you not want money? They have money in those regions....

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1383 Posts

@Antwan3K said:
@saint-george said:

Cows...

if this was Xbox, there would be headlines, threads, and deep-dive opinion peices

about how Xbox management needs to be all fired, there is something fundamentally wrong with the Xbox gaming division, and somehow this is the fault of Game Pass and/or the ABK deal..

but since it's PlayStation, this thread will be mostly ignored and this will be forgotten by tomorrow..

on-topic, as a fan of the PlayStation PC initiative, this is just bad business.. I know how important MAU is moving forward but their mishandling of PSN integration on PC games has been abysmmal in this early attempts..

Being in last place has given cows an inferior complex when it comes to xbox...they need to chill and play a bit of Sea of thieves,the one time No1 pre ordered game on PlayStation.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6632 Posts

Ghosts of Tsushima review bombing incoming 🤣

Has Sony not learnt anything from last week 🤦‍♂️

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70242 Posts

@saint-george said:

Cows...

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#14 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2598 Posts

Seems like Sony is about to do something that will be featured in Watchmojo's: "top 10 times videogame companies did the stupidest thing"

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3488 Posts

sony doomed I blame gamepass

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts

Saw it was for GMG yesterday (posted article in the other thread), but now delisted on Steam according to SteamDB... Sony are killing their PC titles speedrun any%.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pedro

@kathaariancode said:

sony doomed I blame gamepass

Are you sure it is not the ABK deal?😏

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator

@Vaasman said:

Truly baffling that in a 2024 global economy, a big multi-billion dollar company is still region locking their online products. Like, do you not want money? They have money in those regions....

From what I've gather for the past weeks since Helldivers 2 PSN fiasco, the general consensus is Sony wants to see of increase numbers of PSN userbase so that they can show the higher numbers to their investors and that's assumption I can see. Not sure if that's the reason Sony is doing this, but its quite possible since Sony themselves didn't expect Helldivers 2 to be this massive hit.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1279 Posts

instead of changing their TOS and/or adding more PSN support to more countries, they do this instead.

Truly a multi-billion dollar company moment.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44481 Posts

That just seems so stupid. Not only are they reducing the amount of money they can get from selling the game to more consumers but it also generates bad PR. Both short term and long term negative impact.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PCLover1980

@Archangel3371 said:

That just seems so stupid. Not only are they reducing the amount of money they can get from selling the game to more consumers but it also generates bad PR. Both short term and long term negative impact.

My conspiracy theory is that they're doing this so they can exit the PC market haha

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17456 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Looking at it from a business standpoint, It would look good to investors if they can increase their monthly active users.

Somehow, despite outselling Xbox 2 to 1, they are still behind in monthly active users even before the ABK deal.

This is what investors like to see, console sales mean nothing if you cant monetize that base.........and so far Sony has struggled with that, that's why we see PC releases, live service, remasters.

Forcing PC users to join PSN would pad those numbers and allow them to attract more investors.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2151 Posts

Lol keep on screwing the PC community Sony. They're nothing but a bunch of pirates and cheaters anyway.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro

@Syn_Valence said:

Lol keep on screwing the PC community Sony. They're nothing but a bunch of pirates and cheaters anyway.

Screw those paying customers, that will show them pirates.🤭

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DaVillain  Moderator

Paying for a game now makes you a pirate? Man I enter the wrong gaming world😞

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@davillain said:

Nah! It is just Sony fannies shilling too hard.😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44481 Posts

@navyguy21: Ah, ok. Kind of didn’t think about there. That does make it make more sense.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10647 Posts

@Antwan3K said:
@saint-george said:

Cows...

if this was Xbox, there would be headlines, threads, and deep-dive opinion peices about how Xbox management needs to be all fired, there is something fundamentally wrong with the Xbox gaming division, and somehow this is the fault of Game Pass and/or the ABK deal..

Unlike MS the PC crowd is an afterthought with Sony vs the PlayStation.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3488 Posts

Not even a post from the Golden savior of SW?

Ospi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ospi
Member since 2006 • 563 Posts

This will get review bombed to hell

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11256 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

Because Xbox isn't really an entity in anywhere but three countries. Also, it's not the same what's going on with Xbox because GoT PC isn't on the market yet and this doesn't involve people losing their jobs in a restructure of a dying brand, especially when Xbox tried to sell it as a good thing. This isn't an apples to apples issue. Sony limiting their business reach on PC is dumb, but that's on them.

That makes it different from the Helldivers 2 issue, which the hate was reasonable since it affected areas where it was already on sale for the past three months

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Antwan3K

@kathaariancode said:

Not even a post from the Golden savior of SW?

😏

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Antwan3K
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Antwan3K said:

Because Xbox isn't really an entity in anywhere but three countries. Also, it's not the same what's going on with Xbox because GoT PC isn't on the market yet and this doesn't involve people losing their jobs in a restructure of a dying brand, especially when Xbox tried to sell it as a good thing. This isn't an apples to apples issue. Sony limiting their business reach on PC is dumb, but that's on them.

That makes it different from the Helldivers 2 issue, which the hate was reasonable since it affected areas where it was already on sale for the past three months

I challenge anyone to read the word vomit posted above and make it make sense..

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PCLover1980

apparently helldivers 2 is still inaccesible for purchase in the 177 countries without psn too.

Common Sony L

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BenjaminBanklin

@Antwan3K said:

Congrats, you're a shill who got burned defending MS to the core and no amount of cope will make the pain any better. Understand that?

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1613 Posts

Laughing at all the xbox and PC dopes upset about this as if Sony NEEDS to appease you!?

TF, here is the situation for you confused System Wars goers.

Sony is OFFERING you a way to play the previous exclusive PS titles for which you didn't pony up the money to purchase their console to play. So Sony doesn't OWE you anything!

Saying shit like Sony screwed up? No, the reality is, Sony don't even have to offer you anything!

Get down or lay down if you want to play their games on a different platform then the own they provide. This isn't a MS situation where they depending on PC and other platforms just to survive.

LMFAO this is actually the SMARTEST thing they've done since offering games outside of the console

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1409 Posts

PC being an open platform. What's the problem? Anyone who accepts Valves Steam, CD PRs GoG etc should have no issue with Sonys advancements.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8505 Posts

Above is what you get when you grow up licking lead based paint.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@pc_rocks: He doesn't just lick 😏

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PCLover1980

cows here celebrating like this news affects them lol

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58484 Posts

You know what I love?

I love when a company more or less has a license to print money and they decide to burn it.

They have this license, and all they have to do is practice a modicum of respect for the consumer. You know, release a quality product, don't be greedy, don't squeeze the teet too hard.

But when they don't do any of this--they release an unstable produc with low quality control, they get really greedy, and they ask for too much--I love to see that license just burn up into nothing.

I love to see that happen. I lvoe seeing people vote with their wallets, I love seeing consequences for corporations when they could make $200 million easily, but they want $220 million and it backfires because they ask the consumer to bend over and we're like "Sorry, we don't do that".

Anyway, I know I'm being dramatic. It's early. **** Sony though. I mean, **** 'em all, when you get down to it...but **** Sony especially these days.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58484 Posts
@Pedro said:
@davillain said:

Nah! It is just Sony fannies shilling too hard.😂

I mean it's funny, but it really is cutting off their nose to spite their face. They could make all this money, piracy or no, but they'd rather have no money and no piracy. For what reason? Principle? IP integrity?

Piracy is a fact of life. Not saying we should just be apathetic about it, but you shouldn't let it deter you from exploring new markets and bringing products to a platform.

What's next? Toyota not bringing cars to the US because of car theft? #badanalogy

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Antwan3K

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Antwan3K said:

Congrats, you're a shill who got burned defending MS to the core and no amount of cope will make the pain any better. Understand that?

it's okay bud, i feel your pain.. PlayStation will eventually release something sometime after March 2025.. it'll be here before you know it.. hopefully we can get announcements soon.. 🤞🏽

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11811 Posts

Sony must be really desperate to pad PS+ numbers with PC

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34747 Posts

That will be good for business, they thought.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro

@Litchie: Apparently and this will get at those pesky pirates according to the fanboys.😂

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44657 Posts

You think after the Helldivers 2 issue they'd of put a hault to this whole affair but it appears to be a goal for Sony to link their PC games to PSN. I frankly see no reason to push this unless they're trying to bolster their MAU figures to shareholders, but as a calculated business decision this just seems counter intuitive to their bottom line.

Perhaps the reason for this might become more clear after they release their next fiscal year report Monday.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BenjaminBanklin

@Antwan3K said:

it's okay bud, i feel your pain.. PlayStation will eventually release something sometime after March 2025.. it'll be here before you know it.. hopefully we can get announcements soon.. 🤞🏽

I'm sure MS will have made some contributions to Playstation by then, if they have any studios left.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Antwan3K

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Antwan3K said:

I'm sure MS will have made some contributions to Playstation by then, if they have any studios left.

yeah, hopefully.. you desperately need something to play on that plastic box you worship..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pedro
@lamprey263 said:

You think after the Helldivers 2 issue they'd of put a hault to this whole affair but it appears to be a goal for Sony to link their PC games to PSN. I frankly see no reason to push this unless they're trying to bolster their MAU figures to shareholders, but as a calculated business decision this just seems counter intuitive to their bottom line.

Perhaps the reason for this might become more clear after they release their next fiscal year report Monday.

I was told by experts on the forum that MAU doesn't matter. So, MAU cannot be the reason.😏