• 156 results
#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56316 Posts

The game is less then 2 weeks away from release day (May 21st release date and at the time of this post) and kinda ironic MS isn't promoting this as big as they need to since Hellblade 2 (and for those who don't know this) uses a lot of tech/engine that Alan Wake 2 did making this a huge step up from the first game. I can only guess all those bad news from MS is overshadowing Hellblade 2's hype, or it could be due to being digital only?

In any case, for my fellow PC players, we finally got the spec sheets:

Conclusion: I've been underwhelmed from the gameplay trailers I watch few months ago. I really like the first game but not exactly hype for the sequel and yes, it's coming to Game Pass day one, but I always prefer to buy my games over renting them as I'm more open up supporting developers who are worth my money/time. If reviews are legit, I'll buy it as I did like the first game for a good walking simulator game.

#2 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39609 Posts

Minimal effort, minimal investment, minimal expectations. This is a game built for gamepass in mind. Pathetic.

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44417 Posts

Not sure but I’m very hyped for it. Recently finished Senua’s Sacrifice and quite enjoyed it. Looking forward to playing this on my XSX via Game Pass as soon as it hits.

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70152 Posts

Probably a week before release. I don't see the need for hyping games until the week of release. Besides, it would get exposure from reviews whether they are positive or negative. Either way would be a shit show.🍿

#5 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17870 Posts

They should have just shadow dropped it and then close the studio shortly after. That is the no fucks given strategy that they seem to be using these days.

#6 hardwenzen  Online

@BassMan said:

They should have just shadow dropped it and then close the studio shortly after. That is the no fucks given strategy that they seem to be using these days.

Don't you worry, the studio will be closed after the game bombs hard, but the closure will be in late 2024 or early 2025.

#7 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6129 Posts

The best looking console game yet.

Cannot wait.

Win for Gamepass

#8 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

The best looking console game yet.

Cannot wait.

Win for Gamepass

The Order 1886 of Xbox. Please be excited.

#9 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8297 Posts

personally hyped for it..

but considering that i don't really even know the release date off the top of my head and haven't seen any advertising, i'd wager it's yet another failure of Micrsoft/Xbox marketing..

#10 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45370 Posts

I can honestly see this being the next studio they close. This new MS wants super high sellers now and this was always a niche game.

#11 BassMan
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

Don't you worry, the studio will be closed after the game bombs hard, but the closure will be in late 2024 or early 2025.

I can see it as the first game was not that good and people focused on the psychosis gimmick more than evaluating the game as a whole. I am not hyped for the sequel and the chief ninja already left the company. So, things are not looking good. Hopefully the game is good though, but that will not guarantee their safety as Tango has shown.

#12 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1615 Posts

Inevitable shut down of Ninja Theory and layoff of its entire staff when it doesn't make MS a ton of money.

#13 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 951 Posts

I mean, I really liked the 1st Hellblade but its not exactly an IP to get crazy excited for. Not exactly a "system" seller... in the good old terms. Now its more like a subscription seller, I guess

#14 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: so the best looking game so far was on a PlayStation 4

Go figure

No matter it will see be well beat

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/senuas-saga-hellblade-2s-combat-looks-beautiful-and-feels-badass/1100-6522383/

#15 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7338 Posts

They really are dropping the marketing ball here. The first game seemed to have more money behind it when the studio was independent. Like MS is nervous about drawing too much attention to it after the Redfall and Starfield backlash. Game will probably be good and I hope it does well, but it's hard not to be pessimistic right now.

#16 Pedro

@judaspete said:

They really are dropping the marketing ball here. The first game seemed to have more money behind it when the studio was independent. Like MS is nervous about drawing too much attention to it after the Redfall and Starfield backlash. Game will probably be good and I hope it does well, but it's hard not to be pessimistic right now.

What makes you believe more money was spent on the first game versus the sequel?

#17 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11241 Posts

Why waste money marketing a game for a studio they're gonna give the boot to anyway? Ninja Theory is doomed

#18 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56316 Posts
@judaspete said:

Ninja Theory made some good games before they were absorb to MS. The first Hellblade was very unique in its own way, this sequel just isn't getting the backing behind it. I probably would take Pedro's word its too early for a hype?

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

I can see it as the first game was not that good and people focused on the psychosis gimmick more than evaluating the game as a whole. I am not hyped for the sequel and the chief ninja already left the company. So, things are not looking good. Hopefully the game is good though, but that will not guarantee their safety as Tango has shown.

It be really odd to see MS shutting down Ninja Theory when they bought them and now, they're gone too.

#19 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1588 Posts

Welcome to Game "pass"

#20 BassMan
@davillain said:
@judaspete said:

Ninja Theory made some good games before they were absorb to MS. The first Hellblade was very unique in its own way, this sequel just isn't getting the backing behind it. I probably would take Pedro's word its too early for a hype?

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

It be really odd to see MS shutting down Ninja Theory when they bought them and now, they're gone too.

MS has done it in the past and it's the same shit that Embracer Group has been doing. Overly aggressive acquisitions without the leadership to steer the ship in the right direction. Then they get pressure to start delivering returns on the acquisitions and shit goes down.

#21 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1355 Posts

A future No1 pre ordered game on PlayStation like sea of thieves.

Please....help xbox
Please....help xbox

#22 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12350 Posts

This game was one of the first games they showed when announcing the Series X and, it's been in not 1 or 2 but 4 Xbox E3 press conferences. I'm not quite sure there's more to gain by marketing it heavily.

#23 ClockWorkBanana
Member since 2022 • 266 Posts

Almost choked on my drink when someone mentioned it releases in 2 weeks. I thought it was still a year away by the complete lack of advertisement

#24 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2149 Posts

Of course lems don't think it's a problem. Looks like another closure incoming.

#25 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: so the best looking game so far was on a PlayStation 4

Go figure

No matter it will see be well beat

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/senuas-saga-hellblade-2s-combat-looks-beautiful-and-feels-badass/1100-6522383/

Bro, the game is 5/10 grade shovelware. It doesn't matter what's in it, its a short shovelware that nobody will even think for a second to spend the $50 on.

#26 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11685 Posts

No reason to sink advert money into a game that they know is going to fail.

#27 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: surprised it scored that high in your made up world.

Stay there before you get well and truly embarrassed

#28 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3473 Posts

If I remember correctly, I think MS stated a couple of years ago that they wanted to avoid the massive marketing costs games often involve.

#29 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: surprised it scored that high in your made up world.

Stay there before you get well and truly embarrassed

Embarressed of what? This game is on par with The Order 1886 when it comes to the whole package. Its shovelware not worth anyone's attention, and after you see its sales, you will learn that the hard way.

#30 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: we have already determined how it will be measured and it's nothing to do with sales.

When it scores higher in metacrtic than the order you will look stupid.

More stupid than saying it's shivelware on gamepass and then saying let's look at sales.

#31 Pedro

BREAKING NEWS

Hellblade 2 has been cancelled and Ninja Theory has been folded.

😏
😏

#32 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: we have already determined how it will be measured and it's nothing to do with sales.

When it scores higher in metacrtic than the order you will look stupid.

More stupid than saying it's shivelware on gamepass and then saying let's look at sales.

Nothing to do with sales like HiFiRushπŸ˜†Stay in denial. I'll remind you when the studio closes by early 2025.

#33 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: don't play dumb we already had the conversation. When metacritic comes u will look stupid and will be in denial

#34 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: don't play dumb we already had the conversation. When metacritic comes u will look stupid and will be in denial

The only one here that's in denial is you, and you're doing it weeks before the judgement day.

#35 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/df-analysis-rise-of-the-ronin-last-gen-visuals-936-33617646/#js-message-43

Refresh yourself and stop trying to change the goalposts

The measurement of its success is on metacrtic scores alone.

You made that choice.

#36 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6551 Posts

Some of you seem confused, how does a game that's available on a rental service day 1 going to make a lot of money?

Use your brains people, if you think MS will release a game and EXPECT high sales when 34 million people will have the ability to rent it then you really aren't too bright.

None of MS first party games are going to sell well because of gamepass, and you think MS is gonna close every studio after they release a game that doesn't sell well, in 5yrs they will have no studios left.

Critical thinking people, geez.

#37 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6551 Posts

As for marketing, do you really need it in this day and age? There will be 100 reviews, YT videos about it, People arguing about it over Twitter and on forums like this one.

So why would you waste your money making expensive TV ads for it, banners put on buses, on billboards etc. With the way (anti) social media is these days and it being a MS game it will get plenty of exposure (good & bad) don't worry about that.

#38 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/df-analysis-rise-of-the-ronin-last-gen-visuals-936-33617646/#js-message-43

Refresh yourself and stop trying to change the goalposts

The measurement of its success is on metacrtic scores alone.

You made that choice.

Rise of the Ronin, a pathetic video game that should've been released in 2008, is still gonna be better than your garbage Hellblade 2.

#39 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: no it won't and I'm prepared to back that up.

Stay in your own world until you got the balls to play in the real world.

#40 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: no it won't and I'm prepared to back that up.

Stay in your own world until you got the balls to play in the real world.

You're in denial, not me. Sorry.

#41 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7338 Posts

@Pedro: Just seemed like there were more ads and coverage in the months before the first Hellblade released. I haven't been seeing much about the new one, and it's coming out in a week.

#42 Pedro

@judaspete said:

@Pedro: Just seemed like there were more ads and coverage in the months before the first Hellblade released. I haven't been seeing much about the new one, and it's coming out in a week.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to development budget.

#43 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44417 Posts

Personally I think marketing budgets have gotten out of control. Also thought that most people are sick of all the advertisements flooding every facet of life. They even use ad blocking software to bypass it. Kind of odd to see some folks complaining about seeing less of it now.

#44 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: your attempting and failing to shift goalposts not me.

When it scores higher you will attempt to talk about sales and it won't work.

#45 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: your attempting and failing to shift goalposts not me.

When it scores higher you will attempt to talk about sales and it won't work.

The score will be low, the game is gonna be aggressively mediocre, and this title will be forgotten within days. Is that goalpost shifting to you?

#46 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2478 Posts

Looks pretty cringe. Twenty years ago, such a psychotic would have been a villain.

#47 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34726 Posts

Nah. Wanna play games, not watch them.

#48 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: bet you its higher than the order.

What would you like to bet.

Or do you have zero backbone and therefor your points are pointless.

#49 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: bet you its higher than the order.

What would you like to bet.

Or do you have zero backbone and therefor your points are pointless.

I don't even know what the order 1886 scores are. All i know is that it was a dogshit video game that focused on nothing else but visuals, and THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HELLBLADE 2 ISπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

#50 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: that's fine if you are so convinced it's going to score a low or mediocre score. Lets remove the goalposts and you define what those scores are.

Below what score is low

Below what score is mediocre

Above what score is excellent

Above what score is good

You won't do that cos you are desperate to have room to move goal posts.

Loading More Images