Top 10 Reasons Bad Company 2 Was the Best Battlefield
Aaron Sampson recounts the top ten things he loved about Bad Company 2 and why it was the best Battlefield ever made.
I disagree about character personality not because it didn't exist but because it was extremely forced. The sniping was quite intricate (I sucked) too. But yeah, outside of that and Steam, it is tough to argue against it, eh? Big shame DICE pursue the route it did - on its own or driven by EA - and it took a few years for BF3 to be recognized as not that great.
Agree with pretty much everything... I especially miss the complete destruction of everything, the recons mortar and no scope glare... I get what they're trying to do with the glare, but it's just plain annoying, Recon class has become WAY worse from that alone.
The destruction made the game MUCH more dynamic bacause you never knew where there was a wall you could use for cover and what was going on... you had to stay on your toes and keep one eye on the environment at all times.
BF:BC2 was the best FPS Multiplayer experience I've ever had. BF3 second. Does anyone play BC2 anymore?
Im still waiting for a full fledged remake/sequel to battlefield 1942. BF 1943 on consoles was still very fun, but it only had like 2-3 maps.
I really liked how you could destroy the rush points with rockets, c4, tanks, and collapsing the buildings. Kept things rolling because you could just camp them.
I played Bad Company 1 again the other day, and was reminded of how glorious the destruction physics used to be in Battlefield. I miss that destruction and the possibilities it created. it Made me realise how toned down the destruction is in Battlefield 4, and to a lesser extent, 3.
I completely agree with this piece. The maps were the best in any Battlefield game on console, with the possible exception of Battlefield 2. The pacing was spot on, and by that i mean you could play at your own pace without feeling like the game was trying to force a faster, less tactical pace. It really was a Battlefield, with none of these close quarter maps that are trying to be like Call of Duty, and was completely set in open 'Battlefields'. We can have 66 players in a match now, so lets have some epic maps. If only BF2 had the tight shooting that a 60fps frame rate can give, it would have had the better gameplay too, but as it is, the shooting is much tighter and responsive in Battlefield 4.
To be honest, all the campaigns in all the BF games need to be better and certainly longer, and have the option to play them in Co-Op, seeing as they are squad based games, because a lot of people like a good campaign, especially with Co-Op, so a lack of Co-Op seems like a massively missed opportunity, but at least Bad Company 2 has made the best effort at a campaign by far compared to the others in the series.
good god...so many memories. 2 of my favorites:
1) playing atacama and I see a head breeze past a window of a house. Without skipping a beat, I tagged the wall with C4 and jumped into the doorway of the adjacent house as I detonated it for the kill. my friend says, "woa...I would have never thought of that! lol"
2) playing panama, I am a sniper and covertly sniping on that little stretch of hill when all of a sudden I hear a tank coming from behind. I lie in wait for him to get next to me with C4 at the ready, then I run and tag him and continue past him for cover at the bottom of the hill, detonating as I go. But JUST as I do this, i turn around to see if I accomplished destruction...ONLY TO SEE THE DAMN TANK TUMBLING DOWN THE HILL AND OVER MY HEAD. My dad, who detests games to the fullest, just happened by at that moment and said this: "wow, i think you made his day" !!!!!
Nope Bad Company 2 wasn't the best BF, it's Good Game but not Great
BF3, BF4 and Hardline is Great and best Battlefields yet on my opinion.
I got myself into Battlefield shortly after Homefront came out. I loved the big maps with lots of players. My brother said "Hey, give Bad Company 2 a try, I bet you will like it". And he was 100% right.
This game was what created my love for Battlefield. I wish my Bad Company 2 wasn't stolen otherwise I would go play it right now. Loved that game!
F*$&ing agreed. Best. BF. Ever. (coming from a mainly console experience).
I remember when I was young and full of hope and was thoroughly decided that when BF3 was released it would be better, and I have been left with a continual sense of longing after BF Vietnam.
Here's to hoping the next one (after whatever you consider Hardline) could be better.
BFBC2 was a fun game. I agree with a lot of what he said in the video that made it so, such as:
- destructibility, generally quick load times, varied maps, a much better rush game mode experience
- fun campaign game, parachute spawning, and a great expansion game with BFBC2 Vietnam.
However, BFBC2 did have its drawbacks as well, such as:
- squads that were way too small - only 4, servers that were way to small - maxed out at 32
- probably the worst helicopter controls of any BF game I have played in (have played them all)
- possibly the worst and most unrealistic effects in hardcore - prime example: an $8.6 million modern tank that has worse vision restrictions than a WW1 Mark V. Hardcore or not, a modern army is not going to allow all of its tanks to run around getting blown up because they basically can't see. That is not hardcore mode; that is sabotage mode.
- ridiculous server settings, especially toward the end. It was like walking in a minefield at times due to all the written restrictions on what you could and could not do in different servers.
- even though there was a good variety of maps and modes, especially toward the end, the majority of the servers did not use them, preferring to run only their same old favorites, over and over and over and over again.
- even though BFBC2 Vietnam was a great expansion, not enough players bought it when it came out, so it was in some ways a missed opportunity. By the time the sale price dropped, it was almost too late. For me it was a no-brainer, but it came out at a time iirc when CoD MW2 was heavily pushing out its map packs, and unfortunately that was where a lot of the $$$ were going.
bad company 2 was not the best battlefield. since I haven't played battlefield 4 yet battlefield 3 is the best battlefield game by far.
My favorite thing was just sitting and listening to their conversations, great writing and great characters
Everyone has their opinion...and seems the interests are varied.
Imho best version is BF 1942!
In a close second is the modern desert warfare mod for BF1942 AND add on the realism mod you get the best tactical outdoor shooter!
This game was garbage. The game had a crap campaign, a netcode as bad as BF$, clunky controls and oversized guns. Conquest mode sucks too, there are too little capture points and they are too close together.
Thank you, thank you.. (just imagine 8 more repeated "thank you" repeats).
How do they not understand how much greater Bad Company is than its modern Battlefield versions??
NO. BC was the downfall of BF. BF2 on PC was the best. 7 classes. 64 players on one server. It wasn't crapped down for your consoles on your mother's TV.
@d0nch1ch1o Cod is what happened top those games, as Battlefield tries to copy its gameplay and pace, much to the detriment of Battlefield in my opinion..
@coop36 Seriously. 1943 was my favourite. Make a full 1943 sequel Dice
@Wahab_MinSeo I disagree with you personally, but that aside, Harline isn't even out yet, so how did you work THAT one out... :/
@CUDGEdave It's all down to format preference isn't it. Many people prefer to game on console, therefore making anything else academic.
I have BF4 (PS4) and also played BF3 (PS3) and DICE ruined BF4. The gameplay mechanics and vehicle operation has changed and not for the better. DICE only recently fixed a lag issue but the manner in which you operate vehicles is less realistic and quite unbalanced. BF3 had t right..
@Pauly_D Clearly the ones made for your Mom's computer were better. Your Mom's TV was obviously made for watching Jersey Shore (since we're talking about quality entertainment), which is probably what she was doing and why you weren't allowed to play it on your console.
@Pauly_D BFBC2 was different from BF2. BF2 was more strategic and had far bigger maps and BC2 was more fast-paced and relied on skill & quick tactic. However I love them both (BF2 more but still). BF3 and BF4 however... they seemed more like CoD and Crysis (W0W GRAFIKS!) rather than Battlefield
@Pauly_D BF3/4 are "the downfall" of BF. Period. BC was right on the money for the consoles. How on earth did you miss him agree with you BF2 was the best, were this a PC only discussion? It's in the first 20 seconds of the video.
@Wahab_MinSeo @SpartanEdge Its cool that you like and are enjoying the Hardline Beta, but that's all it is, a Beta. I have the Beta too, but you can't properly judge and compare a Beta to a full game, based on one map from one mode, and the fact its a Beta means the gameplay or any number of other aspects could change before the final product releases. I wasn't keen on what i experienced in the Beta personally, and i feel that Hardline is getting too much away from what makes the Battlefield games the Battlefield games, and is trying to become too much like Call of Duty. But as i say, if you like what you saw from Hardline that's cool, but it's really not a lot to go on, and for me, it's just too much of a departure from Battlefield for my liking.
So Battlefield Hardline is Great Game and yes it's look like become Call of Duty because of almost same game as Previous BF4 but in Polices vs Terrorists and that make the game similar like Counter-Strike too.
Have a Good Life my friend!
@Wahab_MinSeo @SpartanEdge I understand what your saying, in that the Beta will probably not be all that different to the final release, though it will be in some areas. You've still only seen one mode on one map, and for all you know, the other maps could be pretty rubbish. I personally prefer the main Battlefield games, and to me, this isn't really a Battlefield game, but if some people prefer this game to them, who am i to argue :) But as i say, to me, it's not really a Battlefield game in the true sense.. Maybe i will like the campaign a lot in Hard line, because in the Battlefield games, the campaigns tend to be a bit weak, so i hope the campaign is Hardline proves to be a good one.
Anyway, hope you have fun with Hardline when it releases, have a good one dude :)
@SpartanEdge Well okey, Thank you Take good care and have a nice day!
@Wahab_MinSeo @SpartanEdge Yeah, you too mate :) Actually, seeing Hardline at Gamescon has impressed me quite a lot.. There's some multi-player modes that look quite interesting, particually the car case one.
Also in particular, the campaign is looking pretty decent! I just hope its longer than the Battlefield 4 one was, because that was far too short..
All the best :)