Xbox Live gambling?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NicAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 NicAgent
Member since 2005 • 4693 Posts
What do you think it would be like if Xbox Live had a gambling service? This service would feature computerized versions of the usual gambling games (i.e. Blackjack, Craps, etc.) and also players could compete for money in the games, such as GOW, etc. However, there would have to be proper ID shown and a lengthy registration process to prove you are 21.
DesmondPills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 DesmondPills
Member since 2005 • 1153 Posts
ive always wanted this feature bro i cant even tell you.  im a big poker player and would love to do that for fun.  i mean our debit card or credit card is already linked to the accounts.  it could easily be done.  i vote for it.
1vgfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 1vgfan
Member since 2004 • 1338 Posts
sounds cool to me
JoshChambers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JoshChambers
Member since 2004 • 1646 Posts

it cant be done in the U.S.

As any poker player knows it is illegal to gamble online now. You can play poker for free but not for money...at least leagally so xbox would never support it.

That being said, I'd love to sit down and play at a cash table no limit hold em game. Sounds like a blast to me.

DesmondPills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 DesmondPills
Member since 2005 • 1153 Posts
good point.  honestly Live would freaking explode though dont you agree if you could simply play cards over it for real cash.
NicAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NicAgent
good point. honestly Live would freaking explode though dont you agree if you could simply play cards over it for real cash.DesmondPills
definitely right about that one... though there really should be more in the way of card games on xbox live - to play just for fun, of course (and for achievements)
NicAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NicAgent
[QUOTE="DesmondPills"]good point. honestly Live would freaking explode though dont you agree if you could simply play cards over it for real cash.NicAgent
definitely right about that one... though there really should be more in the way of card games on xbox live - to play just for fun, of course (and for achievements)

bump
coolkidcoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 coolkidcoup
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
we could gamble microsoft points playing games like poker and blackjack etc i really want to see this happen!
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
we could gamble microsoft points playing games like poker and blackjack etc i really want to see this happen!coolkidcoup
ya then technically we are not gambling $
snipeshot11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 snipeshot11
Member since 2007 • 1006 Posts

That is an awesome idea. I have also been wondering why gamebattles.com doesn't link up with Live, PSN, and Wii network and have a live feed to their website. That way you wouldn't have to worry about going onto their website after a match and report a win, only to find the other team also reported a win and ended up getting it.

yinzara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 yinzara
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@xfactor19990: Sorry man but according to US law that is gambling. Even virtual currencies (as long as they can be exchanged for something of value) are considered illegal unless you can earn them from gameplay that doesn't cost that currency.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Not much of a gambling man myself ladies and gents *tips hat* But i'd love to gamble for achievements and unlocks or whatever the reward would be.

Avatar image for sethschroeder07
sethschroeder07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By sethschroeder07
Member since 2004 • 842 Posts

So just wanted to weight in that if you were to play BF4/COD/Halo4 for cash that is not actually gambling. Gambling would be risking something with variable end results (IE - spinning a wheel, throwing dice), playing a video game when the winner is defined through player skill is not gambling. Its part of the reason fantasy football is looked upon differently than video poker.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/marcedelman/2013/09/03/is-it-legal-to-play-fantasy-football-for-money/