Xbox Kinect - Forza 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

colganraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 colganraz
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts

So I saw a demo of Forza 4 and its kinect compatibility - http://www.5min.com/Video/Forza-4-Kinetc-Demo-318174040

looks kind of cool however I wanna know how it works?

I mean come on, how do you brake/accelerate etc? does it register your feet, is it that sensitive?

not only that, the player justs holds an imaginery wheel out in front of themselves and turns. I wouldnt say i was unfit but come on seriously, if i was to hold my arms out like that for more than 10-15 minutes i think they would die :P

will forza 4 & kinect be an epic fail or great success?

one more Q, does anybody know whether you HAVE to have kinect to play forza 4 like you do with the new kinect games, cos i will be hugely dissapointed if so!

Avatar image for Victors_Valiant
Victors_Valiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Victors_Valiant
Member since 2010 • 398 Posts
To answer your last question, I doubt it. If so, sales will not be that strong, IMO. Forza is a great series and if it is only Kinect enabled, the series will lose a ton of support and credibility.
colganraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 colganraz

I really hope it's not just for kinect, the only 1 feature that looks good on forza - kinect is that when you move your head in cockpit view it the view on the screen moves which is a great feature, other than that i cant see anything that im excited about lol

colganraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 colganraz

Honestly, I hope they don't. Even the real racing wheel is already really hard to use. I know that because I have one and I keep driving to a wall. .magicalclick

LMAO

Wasn't the demo only doing a Car Show Room kind of place? magicalclick

watch the video on the link, its gameplay

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
Just think rationally about this for a second. You have an established series in Forza with a large community and this will be the 4th game in the series. Do you really think they will make Kinect a requirement? And don't just say yes because you think Microsoft is "Big Brother" and out for your money. Wouldn't it make more sense to make any kind of Kinect compatibility on an established series OPTIONAL? Because, think of the number of people from the current community who would be alienated and pissed. People hear Kinect compatible on a game and immediately freak out and think the worst. Hold your breath because rumor has it that there may be some sort of Kinect compatibility with Gears of War 3. But again, whether it is true or not, do you really think they're going to make Kinect a requirement? "No Kinect? Sorry, you can't play Gears 3." Think about how ridiculous that statement is. The new Harry Potter game is Kinect compatible, but it is not a requirement. Yes, yes, I know the Harry Potter game got terrible reviews, and none of you will probably ever touch it, but there are sections of the game that will allow you to use Kinect. But, get this...It's not a requirement. It's optional. Imagine that. As for how you would control a car in Forza using Kinect, I don't think you will have control over acceleration. I believe you'll just be steering. This may not sound exciting, but why bother complaining about it if it is not something that you are required to deal with?
Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
im just gonna play it with the normal controller
colganraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 colganraz
a more direct answer would have been appreciated and i caught your drift after your 1st statement, however thanks for the info lol and gears 3? on kinect? that could be something good, as for the harry potter, ill leave the spells to hermione
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
I like kinect and I like forza, but I'll be playing forza with my controller.
mikel222222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mikel222222
Member since 2004 • 1162 Posts

hells no! I would rather a better wheel with a clutch and a gearbox, thanks!

MACHINIST002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 MACHINIST002
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
obviously they are spending millions to create it. why would they risk that by alienating loyal fans with kinect only gameplay. I would bet my last dollar that it will be amazing.
reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 reubendarosa
Member since 2005 • 2727 Posts
That demo is Forza 3 with Kinect compatibility...just sayin'
chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 chasingmaynard
Member since 2005 • 3416 Posts

As for how you would control a car in Forza using Kinect, I don't think you will have control over acceleration. I believe you'll just be steering. This may not sound exciting, but why bother complaining about it if it is not something that you are required to deal with?DJ_Magneto

Well when they were teasing the "Natal" on the Jimmy Fallon show, they were messing around with Burnout (supposedly). They were just putting their foot forward to accelerate, and pull it back to decelerate.

In my opinion they should adapt Kinect to a more arcadey racing game, and not something as touchy as a simulation racing game, like the Forza series. Either way it doesn't matter to me. I gave up on Forza after the 2nd game was just as god awful slow as the first.