XBox Gaming in 2015- What are you looking forward to?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

So with the new year rolled in, I thought it would be nice if we could discuss what Xbox games we are looking forward to this year?

You may discuss other platforms, but I would prefer to see mainly games on Xbox being discussed (i.e. games available on Xbox 360 or Xbox One, not specifically only on them, but games available to them).

Personally, I am looking forward to seeing Project Cars and The Witcher 3. Both these games come from studios with good reputations, and, as a racing game fan, I am very interested to see what Project Cars turns out like. I will have to see on pre-ordering them though as I have been burnt in the past pre-ordering games that have not turned out to be as great as anticipated (also, as the last year showed, some games have come out in a less than desirable state).

One game I do feel I may pre-order when a release date is announced will be Quantum Break. I love Remedy and I have been looking forward to this game since its announcement, I am still disappointed it is not Alan Wake 2 but I want to support the studio and Quantum Break being a new game has me excited to see what they can do next.

So how about you? Anything you are looking forward to or hope to see announced this year?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Most definitely looking forward to Quantum Break, but like you I wish we got an Alan Wake 2 instead. Other games I'm looking forward to are mostly multiplats like Arkham Knight, The Phantom Pain, Bloodborne etc.

resevilfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By resevilfan1
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

I'm looking forward to rares new project. Which looks to be a new banjo, a new conker would be awesome too

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By garfield360uk

@BattleSpectre: @resevilfan1:

Ah yes, I had forgot about Phil Spencers tweet. I really hope they are making a game like you mentioned. A new Banjo Kazooie (ordinary, or Nuts and Bolts) or Conker would be really good.

I had also forgotten Arkham Knight, that game potentially could be great (I loved the first few games although did not really get into Arkham Origins).

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BattleSpectre

@Garfield360UK said:

@BattleSpectre: @resevilfan1:

Ah yes, I had forgot about Phil Spencers tweet. I really hope they are making a game like you mentioned. A new Banjo Kazooie (ordinary, or Nuts and Bolts) or Conker would be really good.

I had also forgotten Arkham Knight, that game potentially could be great (I loved the first few games although did not really get into Arkham Origins).

Yeah the good thing is Arkham Origins was made by a different developer (so this one shouldn't have the same fate), I have no doubts this game will be badass as I loved the previous two.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6  Edited By Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

Well, our newly built PCs are our main gaming platforms. So most of the multiplats will be gotten on that platform.

However, we also have two Xbox Ones. We are looking forward to Halo 5, and Crackdown, for LAN/XBOX live co-op/multiplayer. As well as Mortal Kombat X for a great living room couch fighting game as it should fit in very nicely with Killer Instinct. Quantum Break looks fun too.

Would really like to see a new Perfect Dark game, a look forward to some good racing games (other than Forza). Hopefully we will get some great announcements in 2015 for XboxOne as well!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Most definitely looking forward to Quantum Break, but like you I wish we got an Alan Wake 2 instead. Other games I'm looking forward to are mostly multiplats like Arkham Knight, The Phantom Pain, Bloodborne etc.

Yeah Alan Wake 2 would have been awesome... but I'm really looking forward to QB.

Also Halo 5 obviously, along with Rise of the Tomb Raider, Batman AK & Witcher 3.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BattleSpectre

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Yeah Alan Wake 2 would have been awesome... but I'm really looking forward to QB.

Also Halo 5 obviously, along with Rise of the Tomb Raider, Batman AK & Witcher 3.

Nice selection right there, I also can't wait for Rise of the Tomb Raider, if it's anything like the previous game we're in for a big treat.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Well I bought the x1 mainly for exclusives so Ill be looking forward to quantum break, Halo 5 (maybe), Rise of Tomb raider, Gears of war( If it comes this year), Scalebound and Crackdown

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#10 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

Halo 5

Quantum Break

scalebound

next Forza

Crackdown

from multiplats : Witcher 3 , Batman arkham knight . starwars battlefront 3 ...

MortisPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 MortisPenguin
Member since 2014 • 172 Posts

Halo 5
Batman: Arkham Knight
Quantum Break

jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

^^ glad someone else mentioned battlefront 3. game looks AMAZING and im a big Battlefield fan and its made by the same studio.

the new batman, witcher 3, battlefield hardline, the phantom pain ( im assuming they will have some bundle with ground zeroes as i have not played it), mortal kombat, final fantasy 15, kingdom hearts 3, GTA 5 on PC, scale bound looks intersting, the division, maybeeee crackdown and quantum break. i just feel quantum break will hit 20$ pretty quick.

most of those games will be bought on PC though.

im specifically not interested in HALO 5 or the new fable.

OhJessca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#14 OhJessca
Member since 2015 • 49 Posts

Pre-Ordered Tom Clancy's Divison :D

Really looking forward to Star Wars: Battlefront, Mortal Kombat X, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Just Cause 3 and Halo 5: Guardians!!!

Just the wait to find out the release dates!!

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Looking forward to Evolve, Quantum Break(if it releases this year), Halo 5, Ori and the blind forest, Fable legends, off the top of my head. Not in a hurry to be honest, still knee-deep in last years' games, so they can take their time and if they want to delay something a few months to make it better, be my guest.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

I i hope first have money for purchase xbox one i buy all the launch and last year exclusives this yeare my most wanted games ori and the blind forest halo 5 tomb raider ryse quantum break forza 6 crackdown 3

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

NHL 16

FIFA 16

Arkham Knight

Forza 6

Halo 5 (Campaign)

Tomb Raider

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

I'm looking forward to the console actually working how it's intended to work. I swear I've had my Xbox One for about 2 weeks now and every single day I've used it, there has been a problem. Friends list constantly not showing, dropping out of parties, people in parties not being able to hear me or I can't hear them, constantly having to hard reset the console, the counter productive dashboard, the console in general is just a complete mess right now.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 garfield360uk

@JayQproductions:

Have you considered swapping it where you got it from? Sounds like it has issues if you are having to rest the console all the time. I have had issues with the friends list from time to time, but generally speaking the rest is fine so if yours keeps locking up then that suggests you may have a faulty unit.

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Bloodborne's not on Xbox though.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BattleSpectre

@Jolt_counter119 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Bloodborne's not on Xbox though.

I know but @Garfield360UK did say you can mention games on other consoles, I also happen to own a PS4. hehe *hides behind shield*

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Loads of multiplat stuff but as for exclusives I'm hoping crackdown and scalebound come out this year.

And I'm hoping rare is working on a new viva piñata game. Though id settle for banjo.

FishManDan89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FishManDan89
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Fable!!!!!!!!! and Batman

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I'm actually probably more excited about Crackdown than even Halo 5 tbh. It would be cool if you could customize your own character.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Gears of War news at E3 2015 and the game I most want is Halo 5 due in the fall of 2015 provided there are no delays. Crackdown 3 or whatever the Xbox one version ends up being called looks promising. Not sure if it will arrive in 2015. Hopefully E3 2015 will have lots of new games coming for Xbox one.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

MGS5.

My hype for Phantom Dust and FFXV trump it but I don't think those are coming out this year.

moinsyyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By moinsyyed
Member since 2014 • 181 Posts

- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (Xbox One/PS4/Steam)

- The Witcher 3 (Xbox One/PS4/PC)

- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Multi-platform)

- Ori & The Blind Forest (Xbox One Exclusive)

- Persona 5 (PS3/PS4 Exclusive)

- Quantum Break (Xbox One Exclusive)

- Bloodborne (PS4 Exclusive)

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#28 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Alan wake 2 and some Next-gen Gears of War gameplay footage.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 garfield360uk

@moinsyyed:

What is Final Fantasy Type 0? I saw it being advertised but I have no idea what the game is, i.e. is it a main Final Fantasy JRPG, or is it a spin off, etc.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

BattleToads is the Rare game which everyone knows now.

moinsyyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By moinsyyed

@Garfield360UK: it isnt a numbered final fantasy, it's a hd remastering of the psp title but it does fit into the fabula nova crystalis mythology they've been trying to create with the core games and it does look quite beautiful. The reason people are excited for it is because it breaks the habit of a lifetime and actually tells a more somber, mature story and after how terribly the XIII trilogy was received, it sounds like a breath of fresh air. It isn't turned based, it;s an action games where you can pick a party of 3 from a 14 character roster. You can use all of the 14 characters in desired sequence if your main 3 chosen party members die. That said, it has everything you've come to expect from a GOOD final fantasy (overworld map, chocobo riding, sidequests, hub areas, optional character developtment, airships). It take a more mature approach to the consequences of war and violence though. I think you should check it out, it comes with the final fantasy 15 demo :)

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By garfield360uk

@moinsyyed:

Ah that sounds pretty good. When you say your characters die, do you mean in battle then they respawn, or is it like Fire Emblem where once they are done, they are out of the game unless you reload a save?

I will see how the reviews go, if it turns out to be good I may give it a look as I used to play Final Fantasy back on the PlayStation (My favourite version is Final Fantasy VIII), it has been a while since I have played any though. Also, does this game feature save at any time or is it like the old ones where you have to get to a save point? Also, are random battles still a thing or do you see enemies and thus can choose when you want to battle them?

Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#33  Edited By Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts

Quantum Break is my most anticipated game. I'm a big fan of Alan Wake (both the original game and American Nightmare) and this seems to build heavily on some ideas from those games. It's also made by Remedy so safe to assume at worst you're going to get a game that's 'only' very good.

Halo has been my favorite franchise since it debuted so Halo 5 is on my list but 343 dropped the ball a bit with the Master Chief Collection. I'm not giving up on them but with the poor shape that game shipped in and the fact they're opening up a beta for it now? I'm confident that MS knows it can't allow 343 to screw up Halo 5 but I'd be lying if I said my hype for the game isn't tempered a little.

Those are the two big ones but other games I think I'll have a great time with are Mortal Kombat X (loved MK 2011), Batman: Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3 and if they make 2015... Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Forza Motorsport 6. Also have to put a mention in there about Uncharted 4, yeah it's not on Xbox but I definitely can't wait to play that game and I'm a big baseball fan so MLB 15 The Show as well.

moinsyyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By moinsyyed

@Garfield360UK: It isnt as punishing as fire emblem, rather when your character dies on a mission, you cannot use/revive them for the duration of the entire mission. They are revived once you complete the mission and return to your academy (hub area, seperate from the overworld map and towns). If you exhaust all 14 characters on any given mission, then you fail the mission and have to start at your previous save point.

People thought that a move away from turn based would make final fantasy less strategic, but type-0 finally seems to have got it right and you still have command over 3 character at a time, you can switch between your main 3 on the fly. The director is the same guy who directed Crisis Core:FFVII ON PSP (prequel to FFVII) so there a lot more emotion and connection to the characters in his games compared to squareenix's last handful of console titles.

It also takes a leaf out of Persona's book when it comes to side missions/activities, you get a limited amount of time to do things, and as you do 'stuff' time is knocked off your allocation. Once all the time between missions has been exhausted, you have to proceed to the next main mission, so you have to choose carefully what you want to do to see certain optional character side missions play out. I could go on forever, the psp version got great reviews overseas and by people who played import copies, I can only see this getting better review than anything from the final fantasy XIII trilogy.

As for battle, those on the overworld map are both random and visible. There will be some larger, stronger enemies patrolling that you will see to help you avoid them but enemy battles with common enemies will randomly generate on the map and like final fantasy VIII the levels of these enemies depends on the area, those in the vicinity of where you are will always be appropriately levelled. There are save points, no autosaving. On the otherhand, potential battle situations on main missions or in dungeons are ALL visible, and can be avoided. There's a system where if you defeat the enemy leader in a pack, the other enemies will retreat or surrender and you can extort them for items. One more thing to add, while this is an action game there is no jump button, which may feel odd at first but these character are 'grounded', quite literally. Its the limitation of handhelds where sometimes you cannot assign a jump button or a jump button would hinder the camera (like kingdom hearts birth by sleep for example)

This is a gamespot article that went up today, I think you'll get a good idea of what this games about.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-type-0-shows-life-is-precious-throug/1100-6424804/

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#35 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Dying Light

Mad Max

Witcher 3

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Halo 5

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 garfield360uk

Locked due to Spambot bump of old thread.