Wireless Turtle Beach Recommendation for Xbox360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Goliath2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Goliath2180
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I currently have the X11 turtle beach, but I am looking to go wireless because I am just getting a bit too annoyed with the ridiculously long cords. I've been doing some research for a while now and can't really find a definitive answer as to which is the overall best to get. Between the X32, X42, XP300, XP400, XP500, and XP510. I'm wondering if anybody has any experience with any of these and/or if you have heard anything from reliable sources. To my surprise, each of these all have just about the same rating, which isnt making it easy to decide on one and every store I've been to only have the X32 and X42. Any and all feedback is very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

GuitarSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GuitarSmash
Member since 2013 • 274 Posts

I currently own the xp400's. The mic sounds really bad though, but the bass on the sound is not great either.

BUT!

The sound quality is excellent and you can use the headphones for sound when you upgrade to xbox one, but the mic is not compatible. I also would note to be very careful with the component that plugs into your controller... if you get the button stuck in place, your mic will have a hard time staying on.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

Don't get any of these headsets. They are all garbage. Further more, wireless isn't all that its cracked up to be.

What you want is the Astro Mixamp with a pair of studio reference headphones and a PC mic.

EfreemanX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EfreemanX64
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

@Goliath2180: I have the xp510 headset and it is amazing

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Murderstyle75

@EfreemanX64:

You may think its amazing but that's what happens when you have never heard good audio

Avatar image for Undue_Influence
Undue_Influence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Undue_Influence
Member since 2011 • 72 Posts

@Goliath2180: I currently have the PX5's, and they are pretty good head sets, but cost $270 here in Australia, and i am not convinced they are significantly better than my Gamecom's for PC ($120). If you have the reach go wired, great sound and not as expensive, otherwise PX5 are a good option.

Goliath2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Goliath2180
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Thank you for all the feedback! It is very much appreciated! :)

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Murderstyle75

@Goliath2180:

For about $180, you could get yourself a pair of Superlux 668b 's, an Astro Mixamp Pro and a Zalman ZM-Mic1. The Superlux headphones retail for $40 to $50 on Amazon but have the sound of a $200 to $300 pair of Sennheisers. On the low end, you could get these and a used Turtle Beach DSS for around $80 but I don't recommend it because of the inferiority of Turtle Beach products. The headphones on the other hand would still be better than Turtle Beaches highest tier.

If you have a lot of money to spend, I recommend the Sony MDR MA900's which are perfect for both fun and competitive gaming. They have a very wide soundstage thanks to their 70mm drivers and offer a perfect mix of bass, mids and highs. List price is $300 but Amazon sells them for $200. This with Mixamp and mic would be around $340 but well worth it.

This is the kind of route you want to go because when you play with Turtle Beach , Tritton or any other "Gaming" headset for that matter, you are playing with a toy. I mean what would you rather listen to? Something you buy at Toys R Us or something game developers use while designing your games?

arkendergames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 arkendergames
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

wowzerz I got a Minecraft Upgrade Code and it worked! Check this site out http://minecraft.cardcodes.net

Read more at

http://minecraft.cardcodes.net/#7lQRQ06KOCO8s0cV.99