Why is the Kinect getting so much hate?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Exiled_Badger
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts
I find the Kinect to be a very vital part of this next-gen's console, and I believe it would be detrimental to Microsoft to not go a step further with it after its debut with the 360. I hated the Kinect when I first heard of it on 360. But now it seems it will be a very great investment for Microsoft. Here are a few points: 1) The Kinect is now part of the Xbox console. You aren't being "forced" to buy it. 2) The Kinect now makes using the Xbox more convenient (e.g. voice commands, or voice-over for recorded gameplay) 3) The Kinect has great potential not only with use for Microsoft, but also third-party game developers. Who knows what those developers will deliver utilizing the Kinect? What are everyone else's thoughts on the Kinect? Are you for it, against it, or do you not care? Will the Kinect "force" you to not buy the Xbox One?
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I find the Kinect to be a very vital part of this next-gen's console, and I believe it would be detrimental to Microsoft to not go a step further with it after its debut with the 360. I hated the Kinect when I first heard of it on 360. But now it seems it will be a very great investment for Microsoft. Here are a few points: 1) The Kinect is now part of the Xbox console. You aren't being "forced" to buy it. 2) The Kinect now makes using the Xbox more convenient (e.g. voice commands, or voice-over for recorded gameplay) 3) The Kinect has great potential not only with use for Microsoft, but also third-party game developers. Who knows what those developers will deliver utilizing the Kinect? What are everyone else's thoughts on the Kinect? Are you for it, against it, or do you not care? Will the Kinect "force" you to not buy the Xbox One?Exiled_Badger

1) Actually you are. It should be an optional peripheral but nope, Microsoft is forcing everyone to buy it, and it seems like Kinect is largely responsible for the $100 price difference between the X1 and the PS4. Having to pay a hundred more dollars for something I never want to use does not sit well with me. 

2. Never liked voice commands, can be done just as easily using a controller or remote. 

3. If Kinect has such "great potential", we haven't seen it yet. The games made solely for it are shallow experiences that are nothing short of pathetic in the face of games which utilize the regular controller. 

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
It's an expensive gimmick that only requires you to spend even more money to be able to use it. My friend is in a wheelchair. He cannot use Kinect. Yet it is being forced onto the consumer and it is not at all cheap.
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

kinect complaints = face palm. I'm going to reach far too. Why the hell does my car come with standard navigation unit!!! this is ridiculous!!!!! I shouldn't have to pay for that. im just going to take a blanket and cover it so i never have to see it. 

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="Sonny360Elite"]It's an expensive gimmick that only requires you to spend even more money to be able to use it. My friend is in a wheelchair. He cannot use Kinect. Yet it is being forced onto the consumer and it is not at all cheap.

You don't have to stand to use the kinect. It is still technically called "Kinect" but this device is on a whole other level than the previous version. They've had years to improve it and they did.
jim1174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jim1174
Member since 2003 • 301 Posts

I just love kinect. A lot of golf fans spend thousands of dollars buying a golf simulator. I can do the same thing cheaper with xbox and tiger woods. We buy HDTV's and digital audio receivers so that we can watch sports and feel like we are at the stadium, we basically immerse our self's in the technology. I want to immerse my self in the game. instead of siting on a couch and playing a fps game I want to feel like I am in the game.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts
The Kinect hate is coming from mainly Sony fanboys who look for feeble things to bash on the X1 about. All of the spy crap is so over played and i for one have become more and more enamored with the Kinects abilities.
DenzelFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DenzelFreeman
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts
There are two main reasons. First being many hardcore fans do not like the kinect or find it a useful companion for gaming. Second I'd the lack of trust gamers have for Microsoft after releasing previously hated policies. I know they reversed them but there is still mch mending to do in order to trust them again. This being said putting a box that can in essence spy in you 24/7 is scary to think about.
Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Exiled_Badger
This being said putting a box that can in essence spy in you 24/7 is scary to think about. DenzelFreeman
However, you do have the option of turning the Kinect completely off. Some people believe the Kinect to be always listening due to the fact you can turn the console on by saying "Xbox, On," but in reality it is only listening for that particular phrase.
TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

Its weird that I have a ultrabook and a note 2 both having built in camera and could probably be watching all the time I just never think about. So from my perspective nothing is wrong with the kinect but to make people feel better MS needs to come out and tell people that you can disconnect it like the original kinect and the xbox will still work. I think that would help

Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Exiled_Badger

but to make people feel better MS needs to come out and tell people that you can disconnect it like the original kinect and the xbox will still work. I think that would help

TheRealBigRich
They have. "Players will also control whether Kinect is on, off or paused. "If you dont want the Kinect sensor on while playing games or enjoying your entertainment, you can pause Kinect. To turn off your Xbox One, just say 'Xbox Off.' When the system is off, its only listening for the single voice command -- 'Xbox On,' and you can even turn that feature off too. Some apps and games may require Kinect functionality to operate, so youll need to turn it back on for these experiences." (IGN) But I do understand where you're coming from.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I just love kinect. A lot of golf fans spend thousands of dollars buying a golf simulator. I can do the same thing cheaper with xbox and tiger woods. We buy HDTV's and digital audio receivers so that we can watch sports and feel like we are at the stadium, we basically immerse our self's in the technology. I want to immerse my self in the game. instead of siting on a couch and playing a fps game I want to feel like I am in the game.

jim1174
GROSS Tiger Woods with Kinect is horrible beyond belief and was my last straw that made me sell my xbox360, my Kinect and all that crap. Seriously, you have to swing sideways, parallel to the television and the Kinect cant even read wrist movements....yeah, very believable. You should try the Move on PS3 with Tiger Woods if you are looking for highly realistic and natural golf swing mechanics with a motion controller.
philip6k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 philip6k
Member since 2006 • 1365 Posts
[QUOTE="DenzelFreeman"] This being said putting a box that can in essence spy in you 24/7 is scary to think about. Exiled_Badger
However, you do have the option of turning the Kinect completely off. Some people believe the Kinect to be always listening due to the fact you can turn the console on by saying "Xbox, On," but in reality it is only listening for that particular phrase.

If it's listening for that phrase, its "on" bud.
Supes_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Supes_24
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts
[QUOTE="TheRealBigRich"]

but to make people feel better MS needs to come out and tell people that you can disconnect it like the original kinect and the xbox will still work. I think that would help

Exiled_Badger
They have. "Players will also control whether Kinect is on, off or paused. "If you dont want the Kinect sensor on while playing games or enjoying your entertainment, you can pause Kinect. To turn off your Xbox One, just say 'Xbox Off.' When the system is off, its only listening for the single voice command -- 'Xbox On,' and you can even turn that feature off too. Some apps and games may require Kinect functionality to operate, so youll need to turn it back on for these experiences." (IGN) But I do understand where you're coming from.

Still not enough info. What happens if the kinect fails, falls, breaks or just plains stop working? Do I have to buy another one for my Xbox to work?
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Other than Dancing games which were already successful prior to Kinect, the games suck.

I also don't like voice commands which btw have been around since headset games, so I would turn that off first chance.

I don't want to replace my fingers with my entire body, the games that release for the technology are very badly scored and I hate them, and overall it's not a product for me...ever.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

I hooked up my kinect and played a couple games and yes it gets boring pretty fast. The only game that showed a lot of promise was gun stringer and it make me think that if the kinect 2.0 is more accurate then they might be able to make a game that would be pretty good. I think they just need 1 or 2 games that really takes advantage of the kinect while people are sitting down. Forza tried but could of been done better I mean picture driving a car and being able to switch gears with precision while sitting down. I know its doubtful but hey may the camera is just that good

Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Exiled_Badger
[QUOTE="Exiled_Badger"][QUOTE="TheRealBigRich"]

Supes_24

Still not enough info. What happens if the kinect fails, falls, breaks or just plains stop working? Do I have to buy another one for my Xbox to work?

Why would the Kinect break if you aren't careless with it? The same could be asked for the Xbox. What if it breaks? Would you have to buy another if you wanted to continue playing Xbox?
ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts
It doesn't belong to Sony.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidTy

It doesn't belong to Sony. ShaineTheNerd

I have some Xbox party chat friends that hate PS2 Eyetoy games, Wii Motion heavy games, PSEye for PS3, and 360 Kinect rather equally.

Some people just don't dig motion controls and would prefer using hands instead of body.

They bought the Xbox and Xbox 360 for Halo, and of course we love us some GeoW and other fun MP games using Xbox Live Gold.

video-game-memes-you-are-the-controller.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

80 quid more than the ps4.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

I find the Kinect to be a very vital part of this next-gen's console, and I believe it would be detrimental to Microsoft to not go a step further with it after its debut with the 360. I hated the Kinect when I first heard of it on 360. But now it seems it will be a very great investment for Microsoft. Here are a few points: 1) The Kinect is now part of the Xbox console. You aren't being "forced" to buy it. 2) The Kinect now makes using the Xbox more convenient (e.g. voice commands, or voice-over for recorded gameplay) 3) The Kinect has great potential not only with use for Microsoft, but also third-party game developers. Who knows what those developers will deliver utilizing the Kinect? What are everyone else's thoughts on the Kinect? Are you for it, against it, or do you not care? Will the Kinect "force" you to not buy the Xbox One?Exiled_Badger

1) Not being given a choice but to get it is being forced to get it. Sony is giving you the option to buy their camera seperately if you want to use it, if you do buy it it is 60 dollars meaning a ps4 with a camera is still cheaper than a xb1 with a camera. By your logic lets say you go to buy a new car. The car you want has a bunch of expensive and useless extra options you can buy but you do not want them so you dont get them, but if the dealership didnt give you the option to get those features but instead included them then you would be ok with paying a lot more for stuff you dont want because "Its part of the car"

2) Doing bodily motions and voice commands is actually less intuitive and much slower than using a remote. Hold a controller in your hand with and say "Throw grenade" clearly and in regaular speach speed, then push a button on the controller, now tell me which you could do faster and with less thought. Or sit infront of the tv with a controller or remote in your hand and face the screen, now wave your hand like you are using the kinect to switch through menus right to left, now use the controller/remote to push a button and tell me which was faster and required less effort. Now jump 3 times in a row high as you can, now push a button on a controller, tell me which one did you do faster that didnt interfere with your view of what was going on on the screen? You get the idea.

3) If the kinect has such great potential where is it? THe kinect was launched in 2010, thats 3 years ago. 3 years, it isnt exactly like this is still a new product. Where are the killer apps? The killer games? When has anyone with a kinect ever proclaimed how awesome it is? The wiimote got more praise than the kinect did. All of the games that require it suck, all the games that have support for it never get that fact talked about. Its even been widely use on the PC and still no one cares or has any real use for it despite having widely spread hacked PC drivers.

-Wicked_Sick-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Wicked_Sick-
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
I have the KInect and a couple games but I don't really use it. TBH after working all day when I game I want to sit down and relax. Give me a controller in my hands and life is good.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

The hate is coming from people who bought the original Kinect and feel sucker punched from how bad it actually is and how much money they wasted on it.  Kinect is not exactly getting great word of mouth. Yes, it sold a lot....bravo to the MS marketing crew for that screw over, but people are wising up.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

1.  You're right,  thats why I'm not buying it

2.  Who wants to talk to the Xbox?  I feel strange enough talking to my dog sometimes

3.  "Great Potential".   I think I learned my lesson with the first Kinect.   

Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts

I was never a fan of the first Kinect.  My entertainment center had no room for it.

Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Exiled_Badger
Whoever says "Oh well I haven't seen the potential yet," well no shit, because this next-gen hasn't been released yet. And if you think you are being forced to buy something you are not, just because the Kinect is an external piece, doesn't mean it is not part of the console. That's like saying you're being forced to buy the red, white, and yellow aux cables because they aren't inside the Xbox. Without them the Xbox would still run, you just wouldn't get the best experience. That is what MS is trying to do by integrating the Kinect. I must say again, I hated the Kinect at the beginning, it was the dumbest thing ever! But I could see where it was going to go, and MS is now starting to perfect it. Give them time. You think they are going to give you a perfect Kinect the second go around? WRONG! They are in it for the money just like Sony and everyone else. They have the technology to make the Kinect do everything but wash your ass for you. But they won't release that until a few generations down the road. So in the meantime, suck it up because the Kinect will be good, even if it isn't perfect.
Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Whoever says "Oh well I haven't seen the potential yet," well no shit, because this next-gen hasn't been released yet. And if you think you are being forced to buy something you are not, just because the Kinect is an external piece, doesn't mean it is not part of the console. That's like saying you're being forced to buy the red, white, and yellow aux cables because they aren't inside the Xbox. Without them the Xbox would still run, you just wouldn't get the best experience. That is what MS is trying to do by integrating the Kinect. I must say again, I hated the Kinect at the beginning, it was the dumbest thing ever! But I could see where it was going to go, and MS is now starting to perfect it. Give them time. You think they are going to give you a perfect Kinect the second go around? WRONG! They are in it for the money just like Sony and everyone else. They have the technology to make the Kinect do everything but wash your ass for you. But they won't release that until a few generations down the road. So in the meantime, suck it up because the Kinect will be good, even if it isn't perfect.Exiled_Badger

Since all you did was repeat exactly what your original post said, Ill just repate all of my counter arguments that you did not bother to address...

1) Not being given a choice but to get it is being forced to get it. Sony is giving you the option to buy their camera seperately if you want to use it, if you do buy it it is 60 dollars meaning a ps4 with a camera is still cheaper than a xb1 with a camera. By your logic lets say you go to buy a new car. The car you want has a bunch of expensive and useless extra options you can buy but you do not want them so you dont get them, but if the dealership didnt give you the option to get those features but instead included them then you would be ok with paying a lot more for stuff you dont want because "Its part of the car"

2) Doing bodily motions and voice commands is actually less intuitive and much slower than using a remote. Hold a controller in your hand with and say "Throw grenade" clearly and in regaular speach speed, then push a button on the controller, now tell me which you could do faster and with less thought. Or sit infront of the tv with a controller or remote in your hand and face the screen, now wave your hand like you are using the kinect to switch through menus right to left, now use the controller/remote to push a button and tell me which was faster and required less effort. Now jump 3 times in a row high as you can, now push a button on a controller, tell me which one did you do faster that didnt interfere with your view of what was going on on the screen? You get the idea.

3) If the kinect has such great potential where is it? THe kinect was launched in 2010, thats 3 years ago. 3 years, it isnt exactly like this is still a new product. Where are the killer apps? The killer games? When has anyone with a kinect ever proclaimed how awesome it is? The wiimote got more praise than the kinect did. All of the games that require it suck, all the games that have support for it never get that fact talked about. Its even been widely use on the PC and still no one cares or has any real use for it despite having widely spread hacked PC drivers.

ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ShaineTheNerd

[QUOTE="ShaineTheNerd"]It doesn't belong to Sony. SolidTy

I have some Xbox party chat friends that hate PS2 Eyetoy games, Wii Motion heavy games, PSEye for PS3, and 360 Kinect rather equally.

Some people just don't dig motion controls and would prefer using hands instead of body.

They bought the Xbox and Xbox 360 for Halo, and of course we love us some GeoW and other fun MP games using Xbox Live Gold.

In all fairness, the person in the wheelchair wouldn't be playing games either way.
Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Exiled_Badger

[QUOTE="Exiled_Badger"]Whoever says "Oh well I haven't seen the potential yet," well no shit, because this next-gen hasn't been released yet. And if you think you are being forced to buy something you are not, just because the Kinect is an external piece, doesn't mean it is not part of the console. That's like saying you're being forced to buy the red, white, and yellow aux cables because they aren't inside the Xbox. Without them the Xbox would still run, you just wouldn't get the best experience. That is what MS is trying to do by integrating the Kinect. I must say again, I hated the Kinect at the beginning, it was the dumbest thing ever! But I could see where it was going to go, and MS is now starting to perfect it. Give them time. You think they are going to give you a perfect Kinect the second go around? WRONG! They are in it for the money just like Sony and everyone else. They have the technology to make the Kinect do everything but wash your ass for you. But they won't release that until a few generations down the road. So in the meantime, suck it up because the Kinect will be good, even if it isn't perfect.Gargus

Since all you did was repeat exactly what your original post said, Ill just repate all of my counter arguments that you did not bother to address...

Successful counter-argument there. If some weren't so narrow-minded when it comes to these things, I wouldn't have to repeat myself.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="ShaineTheNerd"]It doesn't belong to Sony. ShaineTheNerd

In all fairness, the person in the wheelchair wouldn't be playing games either way.

One of my buddies back from war in the middle east is in a Wheelchair and he plays COD, Halo, and GeoW all the time.

I don't think that is fair to say at all. He's just a war vet, that girl represents many types of wheelchair/disabled people.

Then there is the people that just don't like motion gaming, or gave it a chance with Kinect/Wii/Move and feel like it's not for them. Some people feel burned for buying Kinect 1.

Same goes for people that don't like Racing, sports, or FPS games...no matter how good, somethings people don't like.

My main point though as I am straying is disabled and Wheelchair people play games.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

I have multiple consoles in my living room for me, my son and friends. I feel like the voice commands are going to interfere with my multiple xbox set up.

Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Exiled_Badger

I have multiple consoles in my living room for me, my son and friends. I feel like the voice commands are going to interfere with my multiple xbox set up.

BLAS1AN
Perhaps they should have a feature where you could rename your Xbox, or allow you to tell your Kinect what phrase to listen to. Then again, not sure if they would account for someone having multiple Xbox's in the same room. Sounds nice though man.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SolidTy

BLAS1AN

Sameboat right over here.

ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ShaineTheNerd

[QUOTE="ShaineTheNerd"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

One of my buddies back from war in the middle east is in a Wheelchair and he plays COD, Halo, and GeoW all the time.

I don't think that is fair to say at all. He's just a war vet, that girl represents many types of wheelchair/disabled people.

Then there is the people that just don't like motion gaming, or gave it a chance with Kinect/Wii/Move and feel like it's not for them. Some people feel burned for buying Kinect 1.

Same goes for people that don't like Racing, sports, or FPS games...no matter how good, somethings people don't like.

My main point though as I am straying is disabled and Wheelchair people play games.

... I do feel burned. Not that Kinect isn't impressive, I just don't want to pay 100 more dollars for it.
Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Exiled_Badger
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="ShaineTheNerd"] In all fairness, the person in the wheelchair wouldn't be playing games either way.ShaineTheNerd

... I do feel burned. Not that Kinect isn't impressive, I just don't want to pay 100 more dollars for it.

What if I told you... you were paying the $100 because Microsoft wants that price, and the Kinect is included in the package? (That seems to be the problem, that everyone comparing the two consoles assumes the Kinect is at fault for the $100 extra, when in reality, Microsoft might just be a bit more greedy than PS4, and they know people will still buy it.)
buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

"Why is the Kinect getting so much hate?"

because it's something that flat out sucks but yet we are forced to use it if we decide to buy an xbox one.

*sigh* so long 23k gamerscore...

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

SolidTy

Sameboat right over here.

You could just set up one to respond to voice and then turn the other one on manually. How can you play games on different consoles in the same room anyways? Isn't that annoying cause of the sound get mixed up?
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="ShaineTheNerd"] In all fairness, the person in the wheelchair wouldn't be playing games either way.ShaineTheNerd

My vet buddy may not like what you had to say, but he'd die to give you the right to say it. :P

It would be rather strategic if they removed the Kinect and offered a $400 alternative or even $350 to best Sony's efforts.

ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ShaineTheNerd

[QUOTE="ShaineTheNerd"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

My vet buddy may not like what you had to say, but he'd die to give you the right to say it. :P

It would be rather strategic if they removed the Kinect and offered a $400 alternative or even $350 to best Sony's efforts.

I'll admit I was being a dick with my post. But yeah, the original Kinect released at $150. Imagine if they lowered the price to 350 dollars without the Kinect! There would be barely any competition.
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#43 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="ShaineTheNerd"] ... I do feel burned. Not that Kinect isn't impressive, I just don't want to pay 100 more dollars for it. ShaineTheNerd

I'll admit I was being a dick with my post. But yeah, the original Kinect released at $150. Imagine if they lowered the price to 350 dollars without the Kinect! There would be barely any competition.

I got a head injury and while some times I'm ok I lose my balance really easy so no kinect for me or even DDR I end up on the floor
Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Exiled_Badger
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="ShaineTheNerd"] ... I do feel burned. Not that Kinect isn't impressive, I just don't want to pay 100 more dollars for it. ShaineTheNerd

Yeah, because there would be no Xbox One. 0 competition for Sony in that case.
pickettsticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 pickettsticket
Member since 2012 • 193 Posts

kinect complaints = face palm. I'm going to reach far too. Why the hell does my car come with standard navigation unit!!! this is ridiculous!!!!! I shouldn't have to pay for that. im just going to take a blanket and cover it so i never have to see it. 

XxAK47xX

What a stupid post

You realize when you buy a car you get to choose the features you want and pay or not pay for them?

Seriously this is the dumbest comparrison i have seen in quite a while.

And as far as the kinect goes, it needs to be optional. No reason to tack on another $100 and force it in.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#46 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

[QUOTE="Exiled_Badger"]I find the Kinect to be a very vital part of this next-gen's console, and I believe it would be detrimental to Microsoft to not go a step further with it after its debut with the 360. I hated the Kinect when I first heard of it on 360. But now it seems it will be a very great investment for Microsoft. Here are a few points: 1) The Kinect is now part of the Xbox console. You aren't being "forced" to buy it. 2) The Kinect now makes using the Xbox more convenient (e.g. voice commands, or voice-over for recorded gameplay) 3) The Kinect has great potential not only with use for Microsoft, but also third-party game developers. Who knows what those developers will deliver utilizing the Kinect? What are everyone else's thoughts on the Kinect? Are you for it, against it, or do you not care? Will the Kinect "force" you to not buy the Xbox One?Vari3ty

1) Actually you are. It should be an optional peripheral but nope, Microsoft is forcing everyone to buy it, and it seems like Kinect is largely responsible for the $100 price difference between the X1 and the PS4. Having to pay a hundred more dollars for something I never want to use does not sit well with me. 

2. Never liked voice commands, can be done just as easily using a controller or remote. 

3. If Kinect has such "great potential", we haven't seen it yet. The games made solely for it are shallow experiences that are nothing short of pathetic in the face of games which utilize the regular controller. 

These and the fact it's a spying device.
Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Exiled_Badger
[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

[QUOTE="Exiled_Badger"]I find the Kinect to be a very vital part of this next-gen's console, and I believe it would be detrimental to Microsoft to not go a step further with it after its debut with the 360. I hated the Kinect when I first heard of it on 360. But now it seems it will be a very great investment for Microsoft. Here are a few points: 1) The Kinect is now part of the Xbox console. You aren't being "forced" to buy it. 2) The Kinect now makes using the Xbox more convenient (e.g. voice commands, or voice-over for recorded gameplay) 3) The Kinect has great potential not only with use for Microsoft, but also third-party game developers. Who knows what those developers will deliver utilizing the Kinect? What are everyone else's thoughts on the Kinect? Are you for it, against it, or do you not care? Will the Kinect "force" you to not buy the Xbox One?Rattlesnake_8

These and the fact it's a spying device.

Haha it isn't a spying device. Microsoft could be sued for all they've got if they were spying.
Supes_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Supes_24
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts
[QUOTE="Exiled_Badger"][QUOTE="Supes_24"][QUOTE="Exiled_Badger"] They have. "Players will also control whether Kinect is on, off or paused. "If you dont want the Kinect sensor on while playing games or enjoying your entertainment, you can pause Kinect. To turn off your Xbox One, just say 'Xbox Off.' When the system is off, its only listening for the single voice command -- 'Xbox On,' and you can even turn that feature off too. Some apps and games may require Kinect functionality to operate, so youll need to turn it back on for these experiences." (IGN) But I do understand where you're coming from.

Why would the Kinect break if you aren't careless with it? The same could be asked for the Xbox. What if it breaks? Would you have to buy another if you wanted to continue playing Xbox?

You totally missed my point. Take it for what it is, a question and answer it. Don't be rhetorical. Have ever heard of accidents? Answer the question next time and try not to be a smart ass.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
[QUOTE="Gargus"]

[QUOTE="Exiled_Badger"]Whoever says "Oh well I haven't seen the potential yet," well no shit, because this next-gen hasn't been released yet. And if you think you are being forced to buy something you are not, just because the Kinect is an external piece, doesn't mean it is not part of the console. That's like saying you're being forced to buy the red, white, and yellow aux cables because they aren't inside the Xbox. Without them the Xbox would still run, you just wouldn't get the best experience. That is what MS is trying to do by integrating the Kinect. I must say again, I hated the Kinect at the beginning, it was the dumbest thing ever! But I could see where it was going to go, and MS is now starting to perfect it. Give them time. You think they are going to give you a perfect Kinect the second go around? WRONG! They are in it for the money just like Sony and everyone else. They have the technology to make the Kinect do everything but wash your ass for you. But they won't release that until a few generations down the road. So in the meantime, suck it up because the Kinect will be good, even if it isn't perfect.Exiled_Badger

Successful counter-argument there. If some weren't so narrow-minded when it comes to these things, I wouldn't have to repeat myself.

Successful counter-argument failed. Depth (active/projects EM signals) camera is not like the normal RGB (passive) camera.
DenzelFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DenzelFreeman
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts
It is getting so much hate because not everyone wants it or believes they need it, and now Microsoft is building it into the one and it is jacking up the price. I have no problem with the kinect, but I do have a problem of being forced to have one and pay for one when I do not have any desire for it.