What happened to Guitar Hero?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jdez15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Jdez15
Member since 2011 • 202 Posts

What ever happened to the Guitar Hero series, those games were my favorite, but until they started making too many, I just stopped playing because I couldnt keep up with it. The last good GH was Metallica, and after that, it wen't down hill sadly. Give me your thoughts/memories of this once HUGE series.

hernando1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 hernando1313
Member since 2011 • 48 Posts

Well I like Guitar Revolution by Konami. HAHA JK , but yeah the serious isnt "bad" the games still have good songs. Just not many people like.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#3 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Loved the series up until GH3, when the magic disappeared. I guess that makes sense, because that's when the creators left to make Rock Band, and Activision just sort of hammered the horse to death and pushed the corpse along for a couple of years. The games combined sloppy timing, generic graphics, product placement and overcharted note highways into a nearly unplayable mess.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
I have always loved Guitar Hero and Rock Band, regardless of how many games came out in a very short amount of time. That being said, I was sad when Guitar Hero was announced no more back in February... and very happy to hear of it's (quick) return recently! I can't wait for GH7 next year :). I am probably one of the minority, unfortunately. I have loved all of the GH games and I own them all. The only ones that I don't own are the DJ Hero ones, and Guitar Hero's other games such as ones available for mobile/DS and whatnot. There are many reasons why I love Guitar Hero...: I love music, I love playing an instrument (a real one too), I love to create characters in games (especially rockers), I love the great choice of songs available, I actually love how many games there are, gives me a chance to switch whenever I have played one game for a few days/weeks and the fact that Hayley Williams was in World Tour is awesome :).
jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 jsh020
Member since 2010 • 1168 Posts

they switched developers

the original devs are making rock band, which explains why rock band is much more ambitious

NECROMONGER223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NECROMONGER223
Member since 2009 • 223 Posts

i liked gh2 the most and smash hits and then i learned to play the real guitar and i quit playin gh

KSEfAN420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KSEfAN420
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts

i loved gh and rock band but they really do get old... and i hate having to by all the seperate tracks... both games get really expencive... the games are fun but just got tired of them... id rather play the real thing now that iv gotten older

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Guitar Hero was milked to death. Activision milked it until it died. I sucked badly at Guitar Hero, but I didn't want to see it die.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

Activision killed it. Someday, a savior will come and kill Activision for killing so many franchises.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

Activision killed it. Someday, a savior will come and kill Activision for killing so many franchises.

Schreek

really? although i agree that activision killed some good franchises with the call of duty games (like the socom franchise which recently came out with socom 4 aka zippers version of call of duty) but thats no reason to want someone to die or go out of business. the first 3 call of duty games and call of duty world at war sucked (i hate world war 2 games so i hated world at war and the first 3 call of duty games) but modern warfare 1 and 2 and black ops were actually pretty good

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Schreek

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

barry000

really? although i agree that activision killed some good franchises with the call of duty games (like the socom franchise which recently came out with socom 4 aka zippers version of call of duty) but thats no reason to want someone to die or go out of business. the first 3 call of duty games and call of duty world at war sucked (i hate world war 2 games so i hated world at war and the first 3 call of duty games) but modern warfare 1 and 2 and black ops were actually pretty good

People hate WWII games because they were done to death by Activision and EA (Call of Duty and Medal of Honor). Call of Duty 2 is very highly revered as the first great multiplayer game on 360. Activision has killed Pro Skater, True Crime, and Guitar Hero to name a few. But worst of all, they drop a company because a game (Blur) does not do as well as it should have, which was unfair because Blur deserved more credit than it got. Yes their were more reasons why Activision dropped them, but it was still undeserved. Activision does not care one bit for its consumer such as Epic, Bungie, and Valve do. They treat war like it is some kind of seasonal sport by shoving out the same Call of Duty every year with new weapons and new names in its storyline and maybe if your lucky a new addition such as wager matches. I personally would not mind seeing Activision go out of business.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

[QUOTE="barry000"]

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

Schreek

People hate WWII games because they were done to death by Activision and EA (Call of Duty and Medal of Honor). Call of Duty 2 is very highly revered as the first great multiplayer game on 360. Activision has killed Pro Skater, True Crime, and Guitar Hero to name a few. But worst of all, they drop a company because a game (Blur) does not do as well as it should have, which was unfair because Blur deserved more credit than it got. Yes their were more reasons why Activision dropped them, but it was still undeserved. Activision does not care one bit for its consumer such as Epic, Bungie, and Valve do. They treat war like it is some kind of seasonal sport by shoving out the same Call of Duty every year with new weapons and new names in its storyline and maybe if your lucky a new addition such as wager matches. I personally would not mind seeing Activision go out of business.

not trying to be mean but.......well life isn't fair. if you hate activision so much then stop talking about them and stop buying their games, its that simple

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Schreek

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

[QUOTE="barry000"]

barry000

not trying to be mean but.......well life isn't fair. if you hate activision so much then stop talking about them and stop buying their games, its that simple

I have every right to express my dislike of Activision and I have not bought an Activision game other than a used copy of MW2 since Guitar Hero 2 for PS2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

[QUOTE="barry000"]

[QUOTE="Schreek"]People hate WWII games because they were done to death by Activision and EA (Call of Duty and Medal of Honor). Call of Duty 2 is very highly revered as the first great multiplayer game on 360. Activision has killed Pro Skater, True Crime, and Guitar Hero to name a few. But worst of all, they drop a company because a game (Blur) does not do as well as it should have, which was unfair because Blur deserved more credit than it got. Yes their were more reasons why Activision dropped them, but it was still undeserved. Activision does not care one bit for its consumer such as Epic, Bungie, and Valve do. They treat war like it is some kind of seasonal sport by shoving out the same Call of Duty every year with new weapons and new names in its storyline and maybe if your lucky a new addition such as wager matches. I personally would not mind seeing Activision go out of business.

Schreek

I have every right to express my dislike of Activision and I have not bought an Activision game other than MW2 since Guitar Hero 2 for PS2.

i never said you didn't have the right to dislike someone or a company and i never said you didn't have the right to express your opinion but if you hate activision so much then stop giving them attention by talking about them and shut up

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Schreek

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

[QUOTE="barry000"]

barry000

I have every right to express my dislike of Activision and I have not bought an Activision game other than MW2 since Guitar Hero 2 for PS2.

i never said you didn't have the right to dislike someone or a company and i never said you didn't have the right to express your opinion but if you hate activision so much then stop giving them attention by talking about them and shut up

This would be over if you stopped giving me attention and would shut up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

[QUOTE="barry000"]

[QUOTE="Schreek"]I have every right to express my dislike of Activision and I have not bought an Activision game other than MW2 since Guitar Hero 2 for PS2.

Schreek

and your the innocent one in this arguement? i said what i wanted to say but you kept responding. if you don't respond to this post then i'll shut up and move on but if you do then i'm just going to keep this up until you shut up and stop arguing with me

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Schreek

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

[QUOTE="barry000"]

barry000

and your the innocent one in this arguement? i said what i wanted to say but you kept responding. if you don't respond to this post then i'll shut up and move on but if you do then i'm just going to keep this up until you shut up and stop arguing with me

You just can't stand being the one to quit arguing first :) it's okay neither can I. And here we go, ruining this poor man's thread when all he wanted to know is why Guitar Hero died.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

[QUOTE="barry000"]

[QUOTE="Schreek"]This would be over if you stopped giving me attention and would shut up.

Schreek

You just can't stand being the one to quit arguing first :) it's okay neither can I. And here we go, ruining this poor man's thread when all he wanted to know is why Guitar Hero died.

and he got the answer 2 or 3 times. its not that i can't stand to stop arguing first, its you that keeps this arguement going with stuff that i didn't say or more talk about activision. now are you finished or do i gotta get some popcorn and get comfortable while you run your mouth

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Schreek

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

[QUOTE="barry000"]

barry000

and he got the answer 2 or 3 times. its not that i can't stand to stop arguing first, its you that keeps this arguement going with stuff that i didn't say or more talk about activision

How am I saying stuff you didn't say? I'm using quotations ;) Maybe we should talk this over some coffee or something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

[QUOTE="barry000"]

[QUOTE="Schreek"]You just can't stand being the one to quit arguing first :) it's okay neither can I. And here we go, ruining this poor man's thread when all he wanted to know is why Guitar Hero died.

Schreek

and he got the answer 2 or 3 times. its not that i can't stand to stop arguing first, its you that keeps this arguement going with stuff that i didn't say or more talk about activision

How am I saying stuff you didn't say? I'm using quotations ;) Maybe we should talk this over some coffee or something.

wow lol, your so busy arguing with me that you don't know what you posted. do you recall posting "i have every right to express my dislike of activision"? thats one thing i never said you couldn't do that you brought into the arguement

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Schreek

Oh and also I am looking at your contributions to forums previously. I see on page 17 we have "xbox sucks, playstation all the way lol" and you saying outright that Call of Duty MW2 sucks and that you play SOCOM instead. Gosh, I just don't get you :) you're a tricky one, thats for sure.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Schreek

And actually you told me to "stop talking about them."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Oh and also I am looking at your contributions to forums previously. I see on page 17 we have "xbox sucks, playstation all the way lol" and you saying outright that Call of Duty MW2 sucks and that you play SOCOM instead. Gosh, I just don't get you :) you're a tricky one, thats for sure.

Schreek

you must need glasses because i never said mw2 sucks, i always said WaW sucks. and the lol at the end of that "xbox sucks" post means i was JOKING. also, yes i try to be a tricky one so nobody can pick on me with stuff that i actually do like

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Schreek

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

barry000

you must need glasses because i never said mw2 sucks, i always said WaW sucks. and the lol at the end of that "xbox sucks" post means i was JOKING. also, yes i try to be a tricky one so nobody can pick on me with stuff that i actually do like

O you are correct you only stated that you hated it. My bad :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

[QUOTE="barry000"]

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

Schreek

i never said that either. i have always said WaW sucks and i hate WaW. i like mw2 and if it wasn't for all the hackers, i'd be playing that instead of black ops

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Schreek

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

[QUOTE="barry000"]

barry000

i never said that either. i have always said WaW sucks and i hate WaW. i like mw2 and if it wasn't for all the hackers, i'd be playing that instead of black ops

O no, now we have a discrepancy :(http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/27110911/first-person-shooter-games?msg_id=317888621#317888621in this thread right here you say you hate COD :'(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

[QUOTE="barry000"]

[QUOTE="Schreek"]O you are correct you only stated that you hated it. My bad :)

Schreek

O no, now we have a discrepancy :(http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/27110911/first-person-shooter-games?msg_id=317888621#317888621in this thread right here you say you hate COD :'(

i guess i gotta go get some popcorn because you just won't let me watch tv and mess with my laptop in peace. i didn't say that, my older brother sometimes uses my name to post on gs and he got on when we were hanging out and watching some sports

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Schreek

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

[QUOTE="barry000"]

barry000

i guess i gotta go get some popcorn because you just won't let me watching tv and mess with my laptop in peace. i didn't say that, my older brother sometimes uses my name to post on gs and he got on when we were hanging out and watching some sports

Oh of course :) very typical. Well usually the "shared account" excuse is the white surrender flag so looks like I am done here. Have a nice night :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

[QUOTE="barry000"]

[QUOTE="Schreek"]O no, now we have a discrepancy :(http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/27110911/first-person-shooter-games?msg_id=317888621#317888621in this thread right here you say you hate COD :'(

Schreek

i guess i gotta go get some popcorn because you just won't let me watching tv and mess with my laptop in peace. i didn't say that, my older brother sometimes uses my name to post on gs and he got on when we were hanging out and watching some sports

Oh of course :) very typical. Well usually the "shared account" excuse is the white surrender flag so looks like I am done here. Have a nice night :)

even though its the truth, my response did exactly what i hoped it would do and made you surrender. maybe now i can watch tv while using my laptop in peace

KSEfAN420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KSEfAN420

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

[QUOTE="barry000"]

barry000

even though its the truth, my response did exactly what i hoped it would do and made you surrender. maybe now i can watch tv while using my laptop in peace

This war is pretty damn entertaining... You guys need to meet up somehow and have a debate or something... it would be fun to watch hahahahahahahahaha... Grow up guys... These are video games, not politics..

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#31 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
I know what happened, they kept coming out with crap versions, the best one in my opinion was Guitar hero 2,after that it was worse and worse.
Wopps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wopps
Member since 2003 • 2373 Posts

I have always loved Guitar Hero and Rock Band, regardless of how many games came out in a very short amount of time. That being said, I was sad when Guitar Hero was announced no more back in February... and very happy to hear of it's (quick) return recently! I can't wait for GH7 next year :). I am probably one of the minority, unfortunately. I have loved all of the GH games and I own them all. The only ones that I don't own are the DJ Hero ones, and Guitar Hero's other games such as ones available for mobile/DS and whatnot. There are many reasons why I love Guitar Hero...: I love music, I love playing an instrument (a real one too), I love to create characters in games (especially rockers), I love the great choice of songs available, I actually love how many games there are, gives me a chance to switch whenever I have played one game for a few days/weeks and the fact that Hayley Williams was in World Tour is awesome :).Ashley_wwe

Oh so they confirmed a new GH for next year? Sickkkkkk.. can't wait.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Schreek

[QUOTE="barry000"]

[QUOTE="Schreek"]Oh of course :) very typical. Well usually the "shared account" excuse is the white surrender flag so looks like I am done here. Have a nice night :)

KSEfAN420

This war is pretty damn entertaining... You guys need to meet up somehow and have a debate or something... it would be fun to watch hahahahahahahahaha... Grow up guys... These are video games, not politics..

You need to grow up. Why did you resurrect this topic.

Je3vez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Je3vez
Member since 2011 • 104 Posts

i remember when i just had a wii and a broken ps2, my sister got me gh3 for my birthday, the first gh3 i played. First loaded it with stickers and i was off. I couldn't play any other game, i was addicted. Also it introduced me to metal. My family are mainly punk and rock orientated. Hearing the music and feeling like an expert (can play guitar but not that into it). I just played the setlist over and over again, the game lasted me 2 years until i got bought world tour. It was good but the songs didn't seem as well thought out, like the guys who chose the songs just went on their ipod and chose the first 70 or so songs that came up on shuffle. The series just went down hill after gh3 imo.

dstv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dstv
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

Activision....

KSEfAN420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KSEfAN420
BECAUSE I AM GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did you come back to this topic??? That tis the question...
JoeJoeLaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JoeJoeLaker
Member since 2010 • 704 Posts

Rock band was brought into the family of music games and told Guitar Hero '' I'm your daddy now ''

And the rest is history..