What games are you currently playing? :)

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Naterrrliee314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Naterrrliee314
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
As it says on the title, what are you currently playing? :) I'll start it off, my current games I'm playing are: Bioshock Infinite (friend works at Blockbusters) Bioshock 1 Red Dead Redemption Dead Island Assassin's Creed 2 Skyrim So what about you? :)
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Currently Spec Ops: The Line. Gameplay is meh but the story is quite different from most shooters, which makes it interesting.

Starting tomorrow though it'll be Bioshock Infinite. 

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#3 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Army of Two: 40th Day.

I have both Gears of War Judgment and Bioshock Infinite coming from Amazon, sometime this week.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EvilSelf

Currently Spec Ops: The Line. Gameplay is meh but the story is quite different from most shooters, which makes it interesting.

Vari3ty

Can you elaborate on the story aspect a bit? I love story-centric shooter ala Bioshock or Metro 2033, but am unable to find anything new that closely resembles those games. Is it an engaging, unique story?

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#5 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Skulls of the Shogun. I've been getting games from Gamefly and finishing each one in about a day or two. I should get Tomb Raider today or tomorrow from them.
Naterrrliee314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Naterrrliee314
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Hope you enjoy Bioshock Infinite as much as I am. As I said, I managed to get to play it over the weekend because the flatmate works in Blockbusters and I am seriously impressed! :)
Axt428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Axt428
Member since 2009 • 78 Posts
skryim, and all the dlc goes on sale tomorrow according to major nelsons blog so im picking those up
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vari3ty

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

EvilSelf

Can you elaborate on the story aspect a bit? I love story-centric shooter ala Bioshock or Metro 2033, but am unable to find anything new that closely resembles those games. Is it an engaging, unique story?

I suppose I should clarify a bit first. It's a third-person shooter, like Gears of War or Uncharted, but more rough around the edges. But then again I didn't buy the game for that reason anyway.

It's a modern military shooter, but the story is way different than your average COD/Battlefield game. In fact, I'd say Spec Ops: The Line is more of the polar opposite of those games. Whereas COD/Battlefield are kind of the "America, f*** yeah!" type games where war is glorified, Spec Ops is actually quite critical of war and goes to great lengths to show how it doesn't benefit anyone. As you play through it, you end up doing a lot of stuff your character (Walker) didn't originally intend to do - actions can have unintended consequences, a point the game makes repeatedly. I would go into more depth on this but I wouldn't want to spoil anything if you do decide to play it. 

As I said before, gameplay-wise, it's basically your average third-person shooter where you advance through levels fighting off waves of enemies. You might even be bored by some of the game itself, as it does have a lot of the conventional shooter elements (like turret sequences, or defend this point for so long, etc). The story is really unique though, and I'd recommend giving the game a shot just for that. Having played Bioshock and Metro 2033 myself I wouldn't put it on the same level as those games in terms of overall quality, but I still believe it's worth a playthrough. 

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EvilSelf

[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

Vari3ty

I suppose I should clarify a bit first. It's a third-person shooter, like Gears of War or Uncharted, but more rough around the edges. But then again I didn't buy the game for that reason anyway.

It's a modern military shooter, but the story is way different than your average COD/Battlefield game. In fact, I'd say Spec Ops: The Line is more of the polar opposite of those games. Whereas COD/Battlefield are kind of the "America, f*** yeah!" type games where war is glorified, Spec Ops is actually quite critical of war and goes to great lengths to show how it doesn't benefit anyone. As you play through it, you end up doing a lot of stuff your character (Walker) didn't originally intend to do - actions can have unintended consequences, a point the game makes repeatedly. I would go into more depth on this but I wouldn't want to spoil anything if you do decide to play it. 

As I said before, gameplay-wise, it's basically your average third-person shooter where you advance through levels fighting off waves of enemies. You might even be bored by some of the game itself, as it does have a lot of the conventional shooter elements (like turret sequences, or defend this point for so long, etc). The story is really unique though, and I'd recommend giving the game a shot just for that. Having played Bioshock and Metro 2033 myself I wouldn't put it on the same level as those games in terms of overall quality, but I still believe it's worth a playthrough. 

Wow! Thanks for teh expansive intro friend. I would definitely give it a shot, simply from what you just told me about it. I would most likely enjoy it as much as you do.

dvzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dvzy
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Gears of War Judgment mostly. I'm addicted to the MP, dunno why
Boogernuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Boogernuts
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts

NHL 13

Tomb Raider (2013)

Ghost Recon 1/2/3

L4D 1/2

But moslty Tomb Raider, can't put that game down for some reason.

Of all the jobs I've ever had being Mayor is the first, it ain't all kissing hands and shaking babies...

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

Gears of War Judgment

Auron_X2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Auron_X2099
Member since 2003 • 3370 Posts

Been playing Hitman Absolution and Tomb Raider.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#14 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

Mercury Hg

Dark Souls 'Prepare To Die'

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#15 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm having a blast with Dead Space 3, I just finished the SP and now I'm about to give the co-op a spin. I got some vacation time coming up...hopefully I can get back into Skyrim.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vari3ty

I'm having a blast with Dead Space 3, I just finished the SP and now I'm about to give the co-op a spin. I got some vacation time coming up...hopefully I can get back into Skyrim.

MarcRecon

I've been trying to get back into Skyrim but I'm finding it extremely difficult. My save with almost 200 hours on it disappeared a while back and now I have to replay all of that content again to get back up to level 50. At 25 right now, don't know if I'll actually continue with it. Oh well.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#17 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

Trying to finish up Gears of War Judgment and Tomb Raider, both exceptional games in their own rights. Tomb Raider is a strong 9 while Gears sits around 8.5.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
for 360 AC 3 borderlands2 bioshock infinite skyrim dark souls prepare to die edition hitman hd for ps3 ni no kuni far cry 3 dead space 3 tomb raider nba 2k13 skyrim dark souls prepare to die
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Playing through Gears of War Judgment on Insane (So far the hardest of the Gears campaigns on Insane) before I return it.

Got DBZ Budokai HD collection today from Gamefly. Soon as I get 1000/1000gs I'll send it back and hopefully get either the new Army of Two, Dead Space 3 or DmC.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Currently playing Doom 3 BFG Edition, Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider

BombingSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BombingSystems
Member since 2012 • 140 Posts

I am still playing blk ops 2 and recently started up red dead redemption again... man that game is fun.

zhongge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 zhongge
I plan on buying another controller, but I'm aiming for a wired one so I can also use it on my PC
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#23 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
been playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance
ronman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ronman123
Miku Hatsune Project Diva F, for the PS3... just released "For Japan Only" and yes it literally can cause Epileptic Seizures because it is INSANE... and uhh... its not just a rythm game by the ways. his game has No Violence for a change, how to say... well... if you remember hearing an episode of Pokemon that was banned in Japan because it caused those seizures in children, wel Miku Hatsune Project Diva F is exactly that but multiply it by 1000%. and the CERO rating is for 15 and up. Been playing this every day so far since 3/8/13
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#25 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

Vari3ty

I've been trying to get back into Skyrim but I'm finding it extremely difficult. My save with almost 200 hours on it disappeared a while back and now I have to replay all of that content again to get back up to level 50. At 25 right now, don't know if I'll actually continue with it. Oh well.

Skyrim is a hard game to get back into if you take a break from it. I got up to level 35 on my "OTHER" system but I eventually traded it in becuase of all the bugs in that version.

I started over on the 360 version back in december but I just can't stat consistant with it becuase of time and other issues.

NicotineKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NicotineKid
Member since 2006 • 1475 Posts

UFC Undisputed 3.

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

Left 4 Dead. Got it as a gift, didn't think I'd like it, but I was way wrong. It's lots of fun, I love the emphasis on teamwork.

Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
Gears of War Judgment, Walking Dead: SI, and I guess Skyrim+NBA 2k13+Minecraft (when TU9 comes) on down times.. I gotta get the Dragonborn DLC while its on-sale sometime this week..
Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts
Darksiders & Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#30 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Counter Strike: GO, Mafia II DLC, Borderlands DLC and Gears Judgement MP Beta.

boredom_kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 boredom_kills
Member since 2010 • 190 Posts

Vari3ty

The story in Spec Ops is just amazing. Stick with it to the end - it's worth it.

boredom_kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 boredom_kills

I'm working through the pile of shame - Metro 2033 at the moment. And it's one of the most atmospheric games I've ever played. As a shooter it's flawed, a bit buggy and the ammo as currency, while an AWESOME idea is bit of a pain in the ass in reality... but wow. You step into a tunnel with no idea of where it leads or what you're gonna come across, all the while checking ammo, light gauges, compass and filter in gas mask. Worth a go, if anyone's not played it.

CaptainLucax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CaptainLucax
For some reason im still finding the first borderlands cool
boredom_kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 boredom_kills

For some reason im still finding the first borderlands cool CaptainLucax

Nothing wrong with that - both of the Borderlands games are cool. :cool:

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#35 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

For some reason im still finding the first borderlands cool CaptainLucax
It's because IT IS cool! I'm playing through the DLC.

fatooosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 866

#36 fatooosh
Member since 2009 • 979 Posts
borderland 2 boring game tomb rider great game
Inferi-Fang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Inferi-Fang
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts
Bioshock infinite and The witcher 2 atm.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Vari3ty

I'm working through the pile of shame - Metro 2033 at the moment. And it's one of the most atmospheric games I've ever played. As a shooter it's flawed, a bit buggy and the ammo as currency, while an AWESOME idea is bit of a pain in the ass in reality... but wow. You step into a tunnel with no idea of where it leads or what you're gonna come across, all the while checking ammo, light gauges, compass and filter in gas mask. Worth a go, if anyone's not played it.

boredom_kills

I really enjoyed Metro 2033. The shooting in other games is better, but few games I've played can match the atmosphere in it... very interested in Last Light. 

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Skyrim.

played some Black Ops multiplayer today, cuz my sister begged me to play. i found out, that i absolutely suck at that game:lol:

Then me and my sister played some Left 4 Dead 2 today. we dominated.

Avatar image for RocketmaN_05_88
RocketmaN_05_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RocketmaN_05_88
After completing Tomb Raider I started playing Borderlands 2 again. I didn't have the opportunity to play through the DLC. Completed Pirates Booty last night so onto Mr Torgues but will be picking up Judgment tonight so will probably be onto that then next weekend will be Bioshock Infinite :)
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 EvilSelf

[QUOTE="boredom_kills"]

Vari3ty

I really enjoyed Metro 2033. The shooting in other games is better, but few games I've played can match the atmosphere in it... very interested in Last Light. 

Same here! Metro 2033 is an outstanding game!

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#43 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

[QUOTE="boredom_kills"]

EvilSelf

Same here! Metro 2033 is an outstanding game!

Outstanding and underrated.

As for what I'm playing, Bioshock Infinite and GoW Judgement

TINYOWNSYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TINYOWNSYOU
Member since 2009 • 565 Posts

Right now I'm focusing on GOW Judgement and Bioshock Infinite. I sometimes sprinkle a little Halo 4 and Far Cry 3 in there too.

And of course Minecraft.

Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts
I just bought Bioshock 1 and 2 for my Playstation 3 to play before I buy Infinite, so I can remember whats going on. I also just bought Dishonored on Playstation and my friend brought down Tomb Raider for me to play while she's down.
3eyedrazorback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#46 3eyedrazorback
Member since 2005 • 16380 Posts
Just bought Infinite and I've been playing some BF3 and Fifa 13. FIFA 13 because I've got VIFA and ACL leagues, but I'm ready to try out some Infinite.
cprmauldin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cprmauldin
Member since 2009 • 1567 Posts

On the 360, Kingdoms of Amalur. Playing it and Loving it.

Avatar image for BlueChicagoRain
BlueChicagoRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BlueChicagoRain
As of now I've been playing a lot of AC3 multiplayer. I really want to get Army of TWO the Devils Cartel, tho. >.< I've also been playing minecraft a lot. I really need new games. Havent updated in a while.
Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts
Repost, essentially; I just bought Bioshock 1, 2 and Infinite for Playstation 3. I want to jump into Infinite so bad, but it's been quite a while since Ive played the first 2 so I want to freshen up on it. I also bought Dishonored so Ill be jumping into that too. Ive been neglecting my Xbox lately, so I picked up Spec Ops: The Line after I got off work just a little while ago. Ill be busy over the next few weeks. I probably wont get Judgement until next month sometime, ha.
ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts
AC: Brotherhood, GoW:J, Super Meat Boy, Skyrim (just bought the Dragonborn DLC).