What are your thoughts on Banjo Kazooie? :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pspitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 0

#1 pspitus
Member since 2006 • 2397 Posts

For me, Banjo Kazooie was absolutely an AMAZING game that I believe everyone should play :)

I don't know what it was, but there was something about the game that made it so memorable. The goofy characters, unique levels, and hilarious take on the platforming genre makes it one of my most memorable games of the N64 era. I especially remember that blasted shark from Treasure Trove Cove- that was probably one of the most horrifying gaming experiences I had gone through as a kid :lol:And yes, this game was ported to the Xbox Live Arcade Market Place when Microsoft bought Rare so.... it's not really off topic:P

In honor of Banjo Kazooie, I wrote/created a video review of Banjo Kazooie to remind people how awesome it is :D. Come check it out if you want:)

(All views, like, and subscriptions are always welcome! :D)

Let's Review!: Banjo Kazooie

So my question for you guys is: What did you think of Banjo Kazooie? Have you played it? Were there any memorable moments in the game that have stood out to you?

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

I had it on 64 when I was little, never could get past first level. Now that I'm older, I'm glad it's on xbla. I downloaded it, but still haven't beaten it, but it was a blast to finally get into it.

I love clankers cavern, my favorite level. It's a brilliant platformer. Have you played the second one? Would that be worth downloading even if I haven't completed the first one.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I never played the N64 games when they were first released. I bought them on XBLA, played the first one for a bit, but I can't get into it. I have no desire to continue. I've played a bit of Nuts & Bolts too. I enjoyed N&B more than the first game. I'll probably go back to N&B at some point.
BombingSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 BombingSystems
Member since 2012 • 140 Posts

I got both banjo kazooie and banjo tooie on day one nintendo 64. Those games were pretty epic man. Although I didnt really enjoy the nuts and bolts one....

pspitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pspitus

I had it on 64 when I was little, never could get past first level. Now that I'm older, I'm glad it's on xbla. I downloaded it, but still haven't beaten it, but it was a blast to finally get into it.

I love clankers cavern, my favorite level. It's a brilliant platformer. Have you played the second one? Would that be worth downloading even if I haven't completed the first one.

Yoshi9000
I think that even if you didn't beat the first game, I would highly recommend getting Banjo Tooie :). It is a direct sequel to Banjo Kazooie, but I don't think you'll be missing much in terms of storyline if you hopped straight to Banjo Tooie hahaha XD. SPOILER ALERT Banjo defeats Gruntilda.
pspitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pspitus
I never played the N64 games when they were first released. I bought them on XBLA, played the first one for a bit, but I can't get into it. I have no desire to continue. I've played a bit of Nuts & Bolts too. I enjoyed N&B more than the first game. I'll probably go back to N&B at some point.x-2tha-z
Awww that's too bad :(. Oh well, if you don't like it, you don't like it right? I also played Nuts and Bolts and it's a COMPLETELY different game style from Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. It got a lot of mixed reactions from Banjo Kazooie fans, I'm thinking about doing a video review for the game to show that it's not as bad as people think it is :)
pspitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pspitus

I got both banjo kazooie and banjo tooie on day one nintendo 64. Those games were pretty epic man. Although I didnt really enjoy the nuts and bolts one....

BombingSystems
Yeah, Nuts and Bolts didn't really appeal to a lot of people who loved the Banjo Kazooie franchise. Many people were wondering how Banjo Kazooie went from a adventure platforming game to a racing game.... I'm still trying to figure that one out myself :P.
rigzzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 rigzzsy
Member since 2010 • 349 Posts

i absolutely loved it, but when i was looking for it on the arcade (years ago) they only had tooie, so i bought that and a few hours later regretted that i even seen it,haven't played it since =[

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

I used to love it, but I never downloaded it on the Arcade. Don't know why.

pspitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pspitus

i absolutely loved it, but when i was looking for it on the arcade (years ago) they only had tooie, so i bought that and a few hours later regretted that i even seen it,haven't played it since =[

rigzzsy
Yeah, Banjo Tooie, while it does have the same platforming adventure elements as Banjo Kazooie, the game was actually waaaay harder than Banjo Kazooie. And I'm not quite sure why :P. I know when I tried to jump right into Banjo Tooie I was having a tough time enjoying the game.... and I'm not sure why. The levels, at least to me, felt like they were full of a lot of gimmicks (over use of transformations, separating Banjo and Kazooie), and all of it just felt unneeded. :( But then again, that's just how I feel about Banjo Tooie. It's a great game, but I felt that it didn't surpass Banjo Kazooie :(
pspitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pspitus

I used to love it, but I never downloaded it on the Arcade. Don't know why.

destinhpark
Lol, I can see why :). I mean, there are A LOT of awesome games that have recently come out (Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, The Walking Dead, Journey, etc) so it's kind of hard to find the time to go back to the older games you used to love :). But it's all good, as long as you remember how awesome the game is and it leaves you with great gaming memories, then the game has done its job in my opinion :D