N1K0LA191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 N1K0LA191
Member since 2011 • 79 Posts

Has anyone successfully done this? I have successfully created an external hard drive from my old laptop hard drive, extracted all of my old information, and attempted to format it for use on my Xbox One console. Unfortunately, however, my Xbox One will only recognize it as a media device. It meets the necessary requirements with 450+ GB of storage and USB 3.0. I have tried everything. Next step, if no one has done this successfully, is to just buy an external hard drive at 2TB hopefully haha. Thanks for your time.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

I just gave it a try. When I plugged in a second USB drive (I already have a 4T one for my games) with an NTFS on it and it registered as a media drive. Then I went to settings, system, manage storage, and selected the drive. From there it gave me the options to view contents or format for games & apps.

N1K0LA191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3 N1K0LA191
Member since 2011 • 79 Posts

@busterfriendly: Thanks so much for your help, and I tried this very same thing and the only option I get when trying to format it is the View Contents option, although my external drive has over 450GB of storage space. At this point I'm thinking that there is an issue with the hard drive I have being partitioned and the Xbox doesn't like it for some reason.