Trashed my Xbox

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Six_Fiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Six_Fiend
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

Disclaimer: I wrote this thread to the purpose of gathering knowledge and information on how Xbox360 is made and put together. In no way do I recommend anyone else to try what I have done. Opening any electronic device could cause shock or death to anyone who doesn't know what they are doing. I am in no way responsible for what others do from my example. I'm a professional Hacker and have deep knowledge on how electronic software and hardware works.

This is the first rough draft I will also be providing photos of my xbox as soon as I get around to it.

Got this Xbox I found in the trash last week with all it's cables included. I figured I'd take it home and of course it didn't work.

I wanted to play with it really I mean, not actually play with it but see if I could jump start it back to life. Being a hacker among machines I jumped for joy when I turned it on and nothing worked not even the power!

I examined the box at first once at home in my living room. Didn't seem to be anything wrong with it on the outside. I read up on what I needed to use as tools to open the plastic cover along with the sliding panels on the sides. The tools I needed I didn't have so I did the next best thing. I hacked, kicked and even burned the box to try and pry it open.

At first I tried to wedge it with a flat head screw driver. You won't believe how much of a bitch it is to get into the inside of one of these things. I mean really! That got me minimal effect. I realized that it's attached to four or was it six long odd ball screws that were attached from the top end going through the mother board and then to the bottom along with a bunch of other screws connected to the outer sides of the box. Each screw was molded to black rubber seals. I decided that the only way I had a chance to pull the screws out was to burn the black rubber off. At this point I had no idea where all the parts were in and around the box but took a lighter to it anyway. I used a pocket knife on some of the screws though a few of them appeared to be stripped I don't know if that was on purpose or otherwise but I couldn't unscrew at least two screws once I was finished taking the rest of them apart.

The last two screws I literally pried them by force at first with a screw driver then I kicked and stomped the hell out of the machine with my foot and finally had it loose enough to pull it apart with my bare hands. I had good fun trashing the thing with my foot I even made a dent on the outer case of the disk drive.

I discovered that here was a power shortage in the back end where the power cord would plug in the rear box inside. I fixed this problem by melting some Aluminum wrap with a lighter and soldering it with a paper clip. After 20 minutes of playing with the power cord I was finally able to get that old bitch to turn on.

So there I was looking at the green glow of the menu screen on my TV with big words spelling out Xbox360. I was so happy! I tried pushing the eject button. It wouldn't budge. I turned the power off and unplugged the machine. Peering inside the machine to have a closer look now.

It looked like the previous owner never clean the darn thing and some parts on the inside were sticky. He either jerked off on it repeatedly or spilled cola into the machine at one point. I discovered that this sticky junk was the cause why the eject button wasn't working manually when pressed so I took the other part of the button off and cleaned the inner with a rag. Now all I have to do to eject the disk drive is to insert a pen in a black hole below the drive.

It was exciting to find out when I did finally get the eject button to work that the last owner had left me with a game that was still in the machine. At this point I was like yeah alright! A free xbox360 and a game included. It was sooo a win win for ME!!!

The game was Fallout 3 and I must admit the xbox that laid in front of me looked like it had been through a nuclear blast after I was done with it. Hahaha.

At this point I reinserted the game into the drive and guess what? Total disk error. What a lemonade! To make curtain that it wasn't the game disk I decided to travel down to my friends electronic store. He had a disk cleaner and let me use it for free which was totally gnarly dude!

Now that the disk was clean and trying it on my friends xbox machine in the store to see it it worked I was ready to go home and try it on this junker. Yet again disk error but this time I knew it wasn't the game at fault. Taking apart the disk drive was super easy because it had normal every day screws that I had tools for.I discovered that there was a bunch of human hair caught in the moveable laser. Who ever own this thing was a slob! I pulled all the hair out and clean the laser before resembling the disk drive back in order.

I put in the Fallout game and voila. It worked!

Fallout's main title on the screen. Been playing all week while I've been thinking about what to do with this gutted box.

Any idea's?