To find someone's Xbox live phone number.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AdamTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 AdamTheNinja
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

My younger brother (Julian) was playing Black Ops the other day over Live, and he got a call from someone who he was playing with. How did someone get his phone number? Julian quickly hung up when the caller said he found Julian over Live and identified himself as someone he had played with earlier. When we called back, it went to a 'military relay'. My brother doesn't chat on XBL with the mic nor the chat-pad. Is it possible that there was some sort of intrusion?

I find this a complete disregard of provacy on Microsoft's part. Can anyone help? How can we hide his phone number if it's visible? Is it possible to be visible in the first place?

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

It had nothing to do with Microsoft or the Xbox, the only way this could of happened is if your brother has his name/e-mail/facebook in his bio and someone googled his info/went to his facebook and he has his phone number on facebook or some other website.

AdamTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AdamTheNinja

He only has his first name and the state he lives in on his bio.

Thanks for responding.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

It had nothing to do with Microsoft or the Xbox, the only way this could of happened is if your brother has his name/e-mail/facebook in his bio and someone googled his info/went to his facebook and he has his phone number on facebook or some other website.

JayQproductions

Bingo. The only way that person was able to get the phone number is if it was posted online in a way that was searchable.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

Thanks for responding.

AdamTheNinja

in this day and age thats more than enough to do a google search in which the person will def come up especially since everyone is on facebook these days.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

that is STRANGE! does he have his phone number listed on any website? some people have their phone number on facebook, but not me. If some idiot called me, i would be furious and I would chew them out. I dont know if M$ even has my phone number, and I'm SURE they don't have my CC# because I use pre-paid cards now and deleted my CC# from their site. but the thing is, if you DON'T recognize a phone # on your caller ID, dont answer. Let them leave a voice mail.

Hassassiyin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hassassiyin
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/user/XBOXPsychic Maybe It's this guy?
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
that fact that youre happy to give your brothers name (NEVER do that) tells me you and your brother arent that on top of being secure online. The details you've mentioned would be enough for the guy in the link someone provided to track down contact details and scare you. Just take out anything, even your name, that can identify you.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

JayQproductions

This.

Or he could search for your brothers gamertag and if the xbox account is linked to facebook, then it will come up.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#10 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

well here. it's not hard get a phone number. it is public information. someone can get your ip adress and simplely google it. and find out where u live all the way down to the street. Then ever heard of google someones name? same thing goes googleing people usernames then tracking it back to other things.

ShipwreckX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ShipwreckX
Member since 2005 • 186 Posts

[QUOTE="AdamTheNinja"]

Thanks for responding.

Gen007

in this day and age thats more than enough to do a google search in which the person will def come up especially since everyone is on facebook these days.

I do not have facebook. (sorry thats me being an ass) But he is right just the first name is all one needs, for simple "I found you".

AdamTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AdamTheNinja

I'm not totally sure how much a first name could do, but I guess you are right. It still doesn't explain how he found his phone number. I did look at the youtube channel that was posted that featured a character calling poeple on xbox live, and I'm guessing that he could've done the same thing. The weird thing is, he doesn't have his number anywhere. Not even on Xbox's servers.

That's why I'm thinking it might be an external source. The only place he has his number is Google and Amazon. And they are not shown.