The conference was so disappointing.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gajbutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gajbutler
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts

Just nothing this that is exclusive and is exciting, Forza 5 was ok but the menus were so bad they killed it for me. Just nothing else for this year... I expected Halo 5 but just got a CGI trailer and an announcement of 4 games everyone has played, we don't need to play them again.

Everything interesting was third party and not exclusive... at least they focused on games I guess? But Kinect is truly dead, proves Microsoft weren't able to use it to innovate.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@gajbutler said:

Just nothing this that is exclusive and is exciting, Forza 5 was ok but the menus were so bad they killed it for me. Just nothing else for this year... I expected Halo 5 but just got a CGI trailer and an announcement of 4 games everyone has played, we don't need to play them again.

Everything interesting was third party and not exclusive... at least they focused on games I guess? But Kinect is truly dead, proves Microsoft weren't able to use it to innovate.

Were we watching the same thing.I think this was Microsofts best E3 it ever had.???????????

hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#4  Edited By hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts

@brimmul777: I Agree!

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@mdk12345: No Gears Of War was at E3. It isn't in the works obviously, or was pulled, though the series needs to die, there is no where left for it to go. Judgment was bad and shouldn't have happened.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@brimmul777: It was their best in the sense that there was no LOL FAIL moments. But overall it was a 5/10 nothing really did anything for me. Platinum Games and Scalebound was a surprise, and another Tomb Raider was a twist, but overall it was boring to me.

Avatar image for FamilyGuyFan507
FamilyGuyFan507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#7  Edited By FamilyGuyFan507
Member since 2005 • 2463 Posts

This was definitely a huge step up over the previous years, but definitely not as good as it could have been. That being said, after viewing E3, this is miles beyond that crap.

thecruzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8 thecruzan
Member since 2014 • 106 Posts

@mdk12345: It's in prototype stages

c0din3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 c0din3
Member since 2013 • 63 Posts

@mdk12345: yes there is a new gears coming.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

This was a great E3 for MS.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Agreed, I am also feeling underwhelmed by Microsoft's performance at E3. Only games that really interested me were Forza Horizon 2, and Fable (I'm not including multiplats for this comparison). Sony's conference starts soon so I'm hoping they end it with a big bang, if not Ubisoft for me had the best presence at this years E3.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Great E3 MS!

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#13 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

This has been MS's best E3 in several years. Of course, those past years were not hard to top to begin with. At least they focused on the games, which is more than they have done in the past.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

I disagree . you guys should look at phantom dust and crackdown again .

it was a good show but still not that good . at least i hoped they show more of Quantum Break .

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

I honestly thought that was a great E3 for Microsoft. There wasn't much for my taste in games though. Sunset Overdrive looked cool. Much better than I thought it would. I have grown tired of FPS's. So battlefield or COD did nothing for me personally. Also, while the Halo compilation is neat I would have just preferred that they focused on Halo 5. The Witcher looked good but I will get that on PC. The cgi trailer of Scalebound was neat but no gameplay did not help me gain interest. Phantom Dust was a cool announcement as well. I never really liked Crackdown so that trailer did little for me as well. Overall the conference was a vast improvement over last year. I still remain on the fence for buying the One right now.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

It wasn't perfect but I loved it. Sunset Overdrive was awesome. The Halo collection with all multiplayers and 100 maps was pretty awesome too. Call of Duty looked surprisingly good too.

wallacom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By wallacom
Member since 2005 • 221 Posts

@BattleSpectre:

@BattleSpectre said:

Agreed, I am also feeling underwhelmed by Microsoft's performance at E3. Only games that really interested me were Forza Horizon 2, and Fable (I'm not including multiplats for this comparison). Sony's conference starts soon so I'm hoping they end it with a big bang, if not Ubisoft for me had the best presence at this years E3.

Well, after watching 3/4. (EA bored me, fell asleep) I must say Xbox was on top.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Theres just no pleasing some people......

Microsoft even brought back Crackdown and he' still bitching...... Leave him to mope alone.... We'l be too busy having fun !

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I think Microsoft had a very good event.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts
@wallacom said:

@BattleSpectre:

@BattleSpectre said:

Well, after watching 3/4. (EA bored me, fell asleep) I must say Xbox was on top.

I hope you didn't miss the last part of Sony's conference, Arkham Knight gameplay shown (yes I know it's multiplat but at least we got to see gameplay from the game). Personally I think both Microsoft and Sony were a little disappointing.

Microsoft - Like I said I was only interested in Forza Horizon 2 and Fable (still undecided on Crackdown since all we saw was a CGI trailer which screamed boring in my opinion).

Sony - I enjoyed The Order 1886 gameplay - graphics just look amazing and Little Big Planet 3

For this comparison I am ONLY using exclusives as examples, and ONLY if gameplay was shown. Trailers don't count.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I was actually really happy with Microsoft's E3 conference. I think they showed a lot of great exclusives, and there's probably like 8 or 9 of them I'm interested in at least.

I guess not everybody can be pleased. For those of you who weren't, you'll get to see your Gears of War or whatever next year, lol.

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 XOne_ShotX91
Member since 2014 • 152 Posts

I think they did a good job. Granted, I wish there were more exclusive titles than multi-platform releases, but it was a lot better than last years.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#23 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

@gajbutler said:

Were we watching the same thing.I think this was Microsofts best E3 it ever had.???????????

Agreed. Sunset Overdrive is interesting and exclusive, Phantom Dust is exclusive and interesting, FH2 is interesting and only on Xbox. And there were others. I also wasn't all that up for Halo collection, but playing the MP that I cant play anymore, and a Halo 5 beta sounds good to me. Really TC it didn't work for you. But others it did. I certainly wasn't blown away by Sony's conference.

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mercuria1_King
Member since 2014 • 278 Posts

I enjoyed Microsoft's E3 Conference this year.