So how many did not jump on the COD-AW bandwagon?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BLUUDY_NUCKLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BLUUDY_NUCKLES
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

We all been here before , Im not buying COD this year but turn around and buy it.Is it just talk or yall ready to give sledghammer a chance?

So far I Havent folded but next weeks Target deal buy 2 get one free will make it really difficult.

Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3 Heroldp813
Member since 2008 • 2103 Posts

I did say I wont be getting this game but some of my friends on Xbox seem to enjoy it. I might rent it after I get Assassins Creed: Unity and NBA 2K15

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@bluudy_nuckles said:

We all been here before , Im not buying COD this year but turn around and buy it.Is it just talk or yall ready to give sledghammer a chance?

So far I Havent folded but next weeks Target deal buy 2 get one free will make it really difficult.

I haven't been there before. I haven't bought COD in years.

I wouldn't touch the games for under $20, and I have no interest at all in the cookie cutter, paint by numbers formulaic gameplay. I've been there and done that.

Target's deal has little effect on me since I feel 2014 sucked and many games aren't even worth $40. I'll sit it out and continue not supporting Activision.

For the record, I don't buy any annualized games anymore like AC, sports games, or COD. If it's annualized, I just don't care anymore. I want new IPs and I'm also sick of cross gen developed games.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

I didn't. There's enough other games right now that yet another FPS doesn't interest me.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#6 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I haven't played a Call of Duty game since 2. I've been hating on CoD since before it was cool. :P

bfmv2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bfmv2007
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts

So far I havent yet. The CoD fatigue set in with me after Black Ops. I skipped out on MW3 and Black Ops 2. When I got my PS4, I watched some gameplay of Ghosts, and thought, its time for CoD again. Sadly, I was disappointed because just like all the other Cod's, it was the same game again. I watch gameplay thinking its going to be different, then when I actually play it, it wasn't. Ive watched Advance Ware gameplay, and once again I'm thinking this CoD will actually be different, but I know if I go out and buy it, I will be disappointed. Besides, I prefer Treyarch's CoD games. I will skip CoD this year and pick up whatever Treyarch has to offer next year.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

If there was a buy 2 get one free deal at my store I could think of 50 games I would want to get before Advanced Warfare.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I own Advance Warfare and I think its a decent game a lot better than Ghosts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#10 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I guess I just don't have any interest in COD. I've never been big into war stuff at all, not even as a kid really. Never played with GI Joes or any of that. Only exception to that rule is probably Nintendo's Advance Wars series of games. XD

I was always more into robots and mutant turtles and stuff like that. I didn't think I'd get into too many FPS games over the years - never really got into Goldeneye. I did, however, get into Wolfenstein 3-d as a kid, and naturally games like Blakestone and DOOM... I think that was sort of my introduction to FPS, really. I have John Romero to thank for my interest in FPS games.

And then Halo happened... And it really resonated with me for whatever reason. I liked the futuristic/space warfare, and the controls were really good. And the story, great. Naturally, picking up MCC in a week... Really, the amount of content there is just staggering! And 450 achievements! Well, not trying to go off-topic, but I think there's a pretty noticeable difference between COD and Halo, and I think there will be a division of the FPS playerbase on XBox One because it's really two different kinds of FPS experiences.

It always seemed to me that COD was more like this fast-paced, social FPS series. And it seems like more focus is on multiplayer, and the only thing in single player is a few explosions. By contrast, I always felt like Halo gave more even focus to both single-player campaign and multiplayer, and had more to offer in the way of story and gameplay variety. I guess my feelings towards COD are also a little more negatively impacted by these annual releases, and discussion about how the games don't really change or improve enough to merit a new release every year.

I hope everyone who got the new COD is enjoying it. Is it feeling anything like the commercial? XD

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#11 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@sukraj said:

I'm with you on that.I don't know about anyone elses opinion on Ghosts is,but I find that game{Ghosts}was a disaster.Call of Duty:AW is a pretty good game I'll admit.I think a lot of people are missing out on a good game,in my opinion.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

No way! Too many great games coming out to play, instead of another same-old COD.

Avatar image for Undue_Influence
Undue_Influence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Undue_Influence
Member since 2011 • 72 Posts

Have stayed away from COD after MW3. Found all the multiplayer maps exactly the same, except some in jungle, some in urban environment, but same size, alleys and layout etc. Since then I could not go back as MP was the draw card and paying for new map packs poorly executed just annoyed to much.

Although this year with Titan Fall not offering enough to keep me going back, and played a lot of BF4 was seriously considering giving AW a go. In the end went for the MCC to capture the halcyon days of early gaming, and will play Fifa 15, 2k15, Forza Horizon 2 (electric boogaloo), and hopefully find time for AC:U and Dragon Age inquisition.

It is always repeated, but i think COD has maybe 2 more big releases, it feels like the milk is running dry, and they cannot create classic MP maps that live with gamers. Maybe they need to open it up on PC to allow the modding community innovate the game.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#14 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

This will be my first skipping it since the MW series began! It's not that I'm hating on it because I am going to get it eventually.

I just don't feel the need to buy it at launch because they haven't really done anything overwhelming to it.

I will be looking forward to playing the campaign though when there's a price cut.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Not touching this series anymore.

1. same multiplayer modes as previous games (not enough new modes that seem fun)

2. maps look cut and pasted from previous games(i just see areas from past games when watching twitch streams)

3. its cross gen (want something built ground up for PS4,XB1,PC)

4. Red Flag went up with the day zero addition, seemed like a way to sucker people in(interesting to sales after launch).

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

@sukraj said:

I'm with you on that.I don't know about anyone elses opinion on Ghosts is,but I find that game{Ghosts}was a disaster.Call of Duty:AW is a pretty good game I'll admit.I think a lot of people are missing out on a good game,in my opinion.

Yeah too many people are hating on COD.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I am having lots of fun with it. I really don't understand the hate. I know there is a new cod every year but there are new sports games every year too.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I haven't bought it, but my little brother did for his laptop. So what I'll do is transfer the files onto my PC and give the campaign a shot - not really interested in the MP.

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By tzolynski
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts

I didnt really want to, but I got offered a deal where it wasnt gonna cost me a dime if I decided I didnt like it. With that being said I do think its better than ghosts, but in the end its still COD. Ya you can kind of double jump and dash, but it still feels the same to me. Ill be bringing it back for a full refund and spend time with Halo MCC. I honestly think as a MP experience I enjoyed Titanfall more, but the campaign is pretty good on AW.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20  Edited By deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

I stopped playing COD three games ago. Don't really have aspirations to play this one. Too many other good games being released to focus on Call of Duty.

@bluudy_nuckles said:

HaHa! I am a major component that Call of Duty has genuinely ruined the basis of story lines within video games. Every developer has to make a portion of their game into the online community to make it "amazing." It doesn't work over 95% of the time, but they keep trying. Assassin's Creed is even releasing their games every year in an attempt to keep their fan base going. I don't even focus anymore on games that are released every year. Nothing to look forward to. You would think that with so much of the gaming community expressing their distaste of annually released games they would stop...but nope. Somehow, Call of Duty keeps being bought every year and the developers will continue to do it until something can honestly compete with the attention span of most of the world.

@JustPlainLucas said:

I haven't played a Call of Duty game since 2. I've been hating on CoD since before it was cool. :P

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#22 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Didn't pick up Ghosts and don't plan to pick this one up either.

PyreofKoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 112

User Lists: 4

#23 PyreofKoL
Member since 2005 • 6059 Posts

I abstained. The only reason I was interested in it was the hope that it might have 4 player split-screen like the Modern Warfare games. Like Ghosts, though, it did not so I didn't even bother. Went with the Master Chief Collection instead. Definitely the title.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

I haven't bought a CoD since CoD4 back in 2007, so yeah, I think I'll be able to resist. I have zero interest in CoD and it goes back a long way. I've never even played any CoD's made by Treyarch. I played CoD 2 and 4 and that was enough for me.

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

honestly, to it's the best cod since cod mw2

SP and MP

This time they actually put some work into the SP, and I enjoyed playing throughout the campaign

MP has changed a lot. Its faster now, and more fun.