Skyrim menu lag

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bluski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bluski
Member since 2011 • 322 Posts

Whenever I access the menus or select favorites, the game lags for like 5 seconds, and sometimes I'm forced to cancel and try again. Is anyone else experiencing this? I got the game 3 days ago and have it installed.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Yeah it happened to me to a few times, also I wouldnt recommend installing the game, it messes with the textures, wait for a patch and play it from the disk in the time being.
djsundowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 djsundowner
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

Next time you find the menu lagging, look in the upper left-hand corner: the game is autosaving, most likely. Don't know why it decides to do it at those random intervals, but it does.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

Next time you find the menu lagging, look in the upper left-hand corner: the game is autosaving, most likely. Don't know why it decides to do it at those random intervals, but it does.

djsundowner
It happens even if you turn the auto save feature off.
doomsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 doomsteel
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
360 dec 20 menu lag is even worse after last patch,have been forced to reboot console afew times over frame rate probs.....VERY IRRITATING
alaskanxboxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 alaskanxboxboy
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Hello. I think i may have come up with a solution, i have tried and tested it. My solution is to Kill 1 (one) guard. When others come to arrest you, submit and go to jail. The next loading screen will take what seems like forever to load. Do something else for like 5-10 minutes. When you are in the jail, serve your time. When you get out, you should have no lag. The reason this happens is because the jail takes all of your items away, which forces the game to take them all out. this means that the game has to acknowledge them, load them, move them, and such. for some reason, when it does this, the items load faster. thus, the game loads faster. No idea if that is the real reason why, but it is the only fix that i have come up with. Happy Hunting!
jsonaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jsonaut
Member since 2010 • 61 Posts

I had this bad, but read a solution on another site.

Go to your hard drive, press y and select 'clear cache'.

Works like a charm, and repeat as needed.