Reputation on the Xbox One

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MortisPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 MortisPenguin
Member since 2014 • 172 Posts

How do you increase your reputation on the Xbox One?

I can only report people but not say that they are a good player.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

The truth ? never mind about your reputation, it´s a sore loser´s way to get even, I have maybe 10 "friends" because I accepted their friendship request, I never send them, then you start with 100% dislike or ignored reputation and people vote for you, now I´m 25% positive-75% negative/ignored.

About a month ago I played Halo MP and whacked the same dude 9 times in a match ( I hate campers and he was camping, I whacked him in any way and form you can in Halo ) after that match I watched my reputation and voilá, there I was with a report for "unsporstmanslike behavior", not hard to imagine who reported me.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Reputation is just a way for people who get angry to voilate your rep, it's really dumb.

I would ignore it. When I play fighting games and FPS, anything competitive, there are a LOT of sore losers online. They send nasty messages and negative rep you if you lose. The reputation system is terrible, so I would recommend to ignore it.

You can be nice as you want and they will still negative rep you. You can just never wear a headset and the sore losers will neg rep you. There is no way around it, it's a system that is designed for sore losers. You can imagine too, there are a lot of immature kids on there that just abuse these kinds of things.

I have thousands upon thousands of hours online and I have 125,000 Gamerscore of playing games and that's my experience with reputation on XBL since it was first created. I posted that giant gamerscore to give you an idea of my longtime experience with the system. I owned an Xbox 360 at launch (I bought two actually) and I was using Xbox Live since it launched before the 360 existed.

Overall, I wouldn't worry about reputation. I never once had a problem with rep other than watch it fluctuate as I'm a model online user. I'm very nice online, but it only fluctuated due to abusers, but nothing happened because it didn't fluctuate too much. Basically a lot of "unsportsmanlike behaviors" which meant I won some games. If you are rude or whatever, you could run into problems, but if that's a problem for you, don't use a headset. Ultimately, rep is useless. It was designed to inhibit trolls, but in the end, trolls still found a way to ruin it. It's best ignored now.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@mortispenguin: Yeah it works differently on Xbox One compared to the 360. You get good rep by simply playing a certain amount of time without getting reported. The system is designed in a way to prevent its abuse. So if you have people who are sore losers once in a while that give you bad feedback, your rep will not really go down because the majority of the time, you are a "good" player and others do not give you a bad rep.

If, however, you consistently engage in behavior that others find reason to report you(in other words, you regularly get reported by others because you constantly trash talk in lobbies for example, etc), then your rep might go down assuming the others take the time to give you a bad rep.

In other words, if you play well with others overall you have nothing to worry about, as I mostly play online and my rep never went down once.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

It would make sense if "sore losering" downgraded your reputation too. It should be pretty obvious if you only do it when you lose and at a higher than average rate.

MortisPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MortisPenguin
Member since 2014 • 172 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

@mortispenguin: Yeah it works differently on Xbox One compared to the 360. You get good rep by simply playing a certain amount of time without getting reported. The system is designed in a way to prevent its abuse. So if you have people who are sore losers once in a while that give you bad feedback, your rep will not really go down because the majority of the time, you are a "good" player and others do not give you a bad rep.

If, however, you consistently engage in behavior that others find reason to report you(in other words, you regularly get reported by others because you constantly trash talk in lobbies for example, etc), then your rep might go down assuming the others take the time to give you a bad rep.

In other words, if you play well with others overall you have nothing to worry about, as I mostly play online and my rep never went down once.

That's cool.

I wish there was a way we could give positive feedback.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

@tosh25: What do you do then if one is a newbie?

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

If you prefer or add them to favorites it will increase their Rep.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@tosh25: I don't think having a bad rep prevents you from playing with other people online, I have good rep and I get teamed up sometimes with others who have bad rep(XOne).....not sure 100% how that aspect works, and it is different with the 360 I think. I recommend you ask this question on the official Xbox forums, you might get a more accurate response.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

This thread is over 7 months old people, please don't bump old threads as it's against the rules. I will now be locking this.