Question - Changing Gamertag

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by crazyfingers (108 posts) -
I am getting back on to xbox live (got a 360 for Christmas) and would like to change my old Gamertag. I read on xbox.com that you have to get "Microsoft Points" to change it. How much does this cost? Thanks.
#2 Posted by Thorpe89 (19548 posts) -
It costs 800 Microsoft Points and can only be done through the console itself I believe.
#3 Posted by crazyfingers (108 posts) -
Thanks for the response, but how much actual money does this cost?
#4 Posted by Thorpe89 (19548 posts) -
Well, here in the UK it costs £6.80. In the USA it costs $10. Use this tool for working out points in real currency.
#5 Posted by mohammad93 (2090 posts) -
Well, my friend got like 50 people to file a complaint against him about his gamertag, and he got a free change, so if you need people to complain agaisnt you I'llbe glad to help
#6 Posted by crazyfingers (108 posts) -
Lol. Nah, that's cool. I was wondering when you can change your Gamertag. Is it when you migrate your account, or can you change it whenever you want?
#7 Posted by Eric_Drav3n (2729 posts) -
It costs 800 points to change gamertag? man that sucks I thought it was free
#8 Posted by Thorpe89 (19548 posts) -

Well, my friend got like 50 people to file a complaint against him about his gamertag, and he got a free change, so if you need people to complain agaisnt you I'llbe glad to helpmohammad93

I don't think that works since they review the item in question to see if it is inappropiate. People would abuse this too much otherwise.