Question about xbox 360 n xbox one ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

social_gamer82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 social_gamer82
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

hey guys new to this forum and would like some help..

Im a social gamer ( have xbox 360 n has shit itself ) and am looking at updating to a newer 360 or might go xbox one.

Most games I play are sport related n might play some action games n guitar hero etc.

What I need help with is would I be best to save some money n up grade to a newer 360 or go all out n buy the xbox one? again im not fussed with all the mod cons etc I don't get right into halo n them type of games.i bought a few games just b4 my 360 shit itself n not sure what 2 do.any help would be appreciated..

thanks guys

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 XOne_ShotX91
Member since 2014 • 152 Posts

If youre just a social gamer, then I'd say just get another Xbox 360. There's a huge library of social games like Guitar Hero and sports games out already, and while I do love my Xbox One, theres really nothing for a guy who just wants to kick back and play a round or 2 with his friends on the couch.

cameroncr95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 cameroncr95
Member since 2014 • 41 Posts

If your are an online gamer and plan to play online for a long time, get the Xbox One.

Its only a matter of time before Microsoft shuts Xbox Live down for the 360 like they did the original xbox. Id give it maybe 2-3 more years.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

If u have enough cash i would go for an xbox one it has some decent games and it has some nice exclusives that r coming out very soon.

social_gamer82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 social_gamer82
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

thanks guys.thinking might just go with the new.at least I can get a blu ray player out of it instead of using my laptop...hate decisions like this lol

cameroncr95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cameroncr95

@social_gamer82 said:

thanks guys.thinking might just go with the new.at least I can get a blu ray player out of it instead of using my laptop...hate decisions like this lol

Its not a bad decision if you get the Xbox One. This way, you will be on top and ready once a new game comes out. Microsoft will likely end production of new Xbox 360 consoles next year when the console is 10 years old. Its all part of their "RoadMap" to support it for at least 10 years, and they said so last year that Xbox 360 will be supported until 2015.

It would be wise to skip the 360 and get an X1 instead. Worry about saving for the Xbox One, and possibly pick up a used older 360 for like $50 from Craigslist. You can get them older white models for cheap thanks to age and because many avoid them due to the high failure rate. But if you want it only to play games you missed, and will play your X1 more, it shouldn't be an issue, and Xbox 360s with Red Rings are easy to fix with guides online. If you don't want that, Gamestop sells the Slim 4GB units for 129.99, and I repair both PS3 and 360s, and the Slim 360 is extremely reliable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#7 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I should mention that those new games you bought for the 360 won't work on the One.

I would recommend the One, though. Actually especially if you are really into sports, since from what I recall EA has a decent relationship with Xbox. And a lot of sports apps like NFL and ESPN were touted for the system last E3.

More kinds of games will continue to trickle out. As with any console, it just takes a few years to build up a solid library. This Fall and Winter will be nice.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I would recommend the 360 over the Xbone currently. My 360 gets more play than my Xbone.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Ovirew said:

I should mention that those new games you bought for the 360 won't work on the One.

I would recommend the One, though. Actually especially if you are really into sports, since from what I recall EA has a decent relationship with Xbox. And a lot of sports apps like NFL and ESPN were touted for the system last E3.

More kinds of games will continue to trickle out. As with any console, it just takes a few years to build up a solid library. This Fall and Winter will be nice.

We should see some decent games towards the end of this year.

cameroncr95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cameroncr95

@sukraj:

Late 2014-Late 2015 should be a great time.

Rise of the tomb raider

GTA V Remastered

Possibly Fallout 4

Possibly Left 4 Dead 3 (Its been confirmed by the designer, just no platforms yet)

Possibly Resident Evil 7 or a non numbered entry

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@social_gamer82: Probably should just get a XBox 360 SLIM for now. The XBox One won't get the big hit titles until 2015. I think the XBox 360 will get a price cut before the holidays. Also the Xbox 360 Slim won't take a dump on you. They are pretty solid and won't get any RROD because it's been completely removed from the newer systems. I've had my 360 slim for like 5 years now and no issues. So get the 360 now and they XB1 next year or in 2016,

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@cameroncr95 said:

@sukraj:

Late 2014-Late 2015 should be a great time.

Rise of the tomb raider

GTA V Remastered

Possibly Fallout 4

Possibly Left 4 Dead 3 (Its been confirmed by the designer, just no platforms yet)

Possibly Resident Evil 7 or a non numbered entry

I'll donate you my life savings if we see Fallout 4 that early. I hope I'm wrong.