One game you wish you could re-experience

• 155 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by takspeed (223 posts) -

Wow thats tough I actually have a few that come to my mind, lol most from when I was younger- Metroid fusion and zero- cant find prime portable side scrolling games as compelling as these two titles, sword of mana and FFX two of my most memorable rpgs,  and for some reason max payne...although the graphics would be tolerable I really enjoyed the gritty tone and contant action.

#102 Posted by jgould_6 (53 posts) -

Oh metroid...so good

#103 Posted by EternalStutter (68 posts) -

My vote would go to mass Effect 1. The game is nearly unplayable right now though...but i adored it when i first played it

#104 Posted by GuitarSmash (208 posts) -

SSX Tricky

#105 Posted by FastEddie2121 (3081 posts) -

Oblivion. I hadn't gamed since the 16-bit era and it was the first game I played on the 360 and was floored. From an objective stand point I see the flaws and strengths of the game, but back then I didn't care about any of that stuff and it was glorious.  Just listening to a few of these tracks takes me back:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HYu3-iUc68

www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8jC60sJteY

p.s. I do wonder if they ever got that fire put out at the Bruma mages guild.

#106 Posted by Keegan_2634 (46 posts) -

Bayonetta or

bioshock 1

#107 Posted by Granny_Spanked (1326 posts) -
Bioshock infinite and The Walking Dead
#108 Posted by norsecrusader (60 posts) -
theres a few for me TES3 morrowind star wars galaxies cnc renegade cnc tiberian sun
#109 Posted by CTR360 (7100 posts) -
fallout 3 on xbox 360 and shenmue for dreamcast
#110 Posted by Bramblefang (17 posts) -

The Mass Effect Games, The Walking Dead, Bioshock Infinite

#111 Posted by DenzelFreeman (100 posts) -
Far cry 3 or any of the bioshock games. The stories were so amazing the first time any other play through cannot match it.
#112 Posted by EternalStutter (68 posts) -
Far cry 3 or any of the bioshock games. The stories were so amazing the first time any other play through cannot match it. DenzelFreeman
Was far cry 3 worth it?
#113 Posted by WinsteadVolve (391 posts) -

Fallout 3 and Bioshock 2

#114 Posted by EternalStutter (68 posts) -

Fallout 3 and Bioshock 2

WinsteadVolve
Nice choices
#115 Posted by Pitbulllova (762 posts) -

For Xbox 360 Gears of War. That game was truely next/current-gen when it released.

xOMGITSJASONx
#116 Posted by EternalStutter (68 posts) -

[QUOTE="xOMGITSJASONx"]

For Xbox 360 Gears of War. That game was truely next/current-gen when it released.

Pitbulllova

What? lol

#117 Posted by wwervin (10257 posts) -
Mafia II. I couldn't believe how great the story and the gameplay elements were. It was a great gaming experience. I hope the next one is even better.
#118 Posted by xliang (156 posts) -
i kinda vote for last of us, i find the storyline quite good in its own way
#119 Posted by EternalStutter (68 posts) -
i kinda vote for last of us, i find the storyline quite good in its own wayxliang
I'm gonna need to try it sometime soon. thats all I've been hearing
#120 Posted by xliang (156 posts) -

[QUOTE="xliang"]i kinda vote for last of us, i find the storyline quite good in its own wayEternalStutter

U gotta try it soon, the gameplay is very unique. Very naughty dog style.

#121 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1297 posts) -
  • Uncharted Trilogy
  • Tomb Raider (2013)
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Saint's Row 2/3
  • All Hitman games
  • GTA VC/GTA SA/GTA IV/EFLC/GTA CW
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution
  • Just Cause 2
  • Mafia II
  • Asassin's Creed II
  • Splinter Cell 1/PT/CT
#122 Posted by EternalStutter (68 posts) -

[QUOTE="EternalStutter"][QUOTE="xliang"]i kinda vote for last of us, i find the storyline quite good in its own wayxliang

U gotta try it soon, the gameplay is very unique. Very naughty dog style.

I will!
#123 Posted by EternalStutter (68 posts) -

I'm gonna have to add Dead Space to my list

#124 Posted by vpacalypse (567 posts) -

Riddick on original xbox.

#125 Posted by BrandonNocaute (4 posts) -
Shenmue series
#126 Posted by mjf249 (2856 posts) -

Xbox 360: Gears of War in 2006. Totally blew my mind, finally somebody perfected the tactical third-person shooter. As for other consoles of all time, I was really taken away by MGS2 for PS2 back in 2001. I played MGS on PSX, and all the MGS games, but MGS2 was my favorite.

#127 Posted by Flamingpostman (1172 posts) -

Gears of war, Halo 2

#128 Posted by evildead6789 (7872 posts) -

Easy... Fallout 3. I had no expectations for or knowledge of what it would be like when I started it. And that feeling, stepping out Vault 101 for first time... seeing the monument in the distance and realising that if I didn't want to go to Megaton right away, the game wasn't going to make me. Yeah... I'd LOVE to experience that again.

boredom_kills
same here
#129 Posted by Zanman720 (257 posts) -

Personally, there are 3 games in particular that this would be the main case for.

Call of Duty Franchise. I came in around the MW2 times, and even though everyone seemed to hate it in comparison to Cod 4, i loved it. My K/D was horrible and i didn't even care. It was a completely new experience for me. Now if i'm not doing good, i'm not happy, and if i'm not happy i won't play it. So all of my COD games just collect dust on the shelves until friends come over. 

Arkham Asylum (Batman Series). One of my favorite games of all time. It was just amazing from start to finish. A new era of Superhero games, and it was one of those that just...amazed everyone. Me included. If i could experience that whole feel again, it would be a dream. Same could be said for Gears of War 1. Though, they are two seperate genres.

The final one would be Sleeping Dogs, my most recent and was the last game that i was officially "Addicted" to. I milked every second out of that game and bought pretty much all of the DLC. Just months of fun for me and it was an amazing experience with an amazing campaign. 

#130 Posted by EternalStutter (68 posts) -

Arkham Asylumn!!

#131 Posted by I-AM-N00B (410 posts) -

I wish I could turn back time and re-experience Gears Of War for the first time, I was truly stunned while playing this game!

#132 Posted by EternalStutter (68 posts) -

I wish I could turn back time and re-experience Gears Of War for the first time, I was truly stunned while playing this game!

I-AM-N00B
I know the feeling. My jaw literally dropped
#133 Posted by Altaireed (376 posts) -

Fallout 3 for sure,also Arkham City and Assassin's Creed 2.

#134 Posted by RJLateralus (969 posts) -
MGS 4
#135 Posted by Rayburn17 (8 posts) -
Hey guys, I would play again on Halo 2, It seems like 343 Industries wants to create a second Halo anniversary, but nothing of official..
#136 Posted by RevLuckyShot (14 posts) -

Gonna have to be Either Oblivion... So many hours of my life gone to that game. Or it would have to be the Mass effect series. Each time i went on to the next one my jaw would just drop again and again.

#137 Posted by bl00dline954 (102 posts) -
The first two games that come to mind are Burnout Paradise and then probably Assassin's Creed.
#138 Posted by tidan (368 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid, 15 years later and it still is one of my favourite games of all time!

#139 Posted by jgould_6 (53 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid, 15 years later and it still is one of my favourite games of all time!

tidan
Agreed!
#140 Posted by WeskerTeam (1727 posts) -

Gears of War for sure.

Also Final Fantasy 11. The good times I had in that game and friends I made is something I could literally never re-experience.

#141 Posted by skooks (1411 posts) -

Fallout 3

#142 Posted by jgould_6 (53 posts) -

Also wanna add, RE4

#143 Posted by XCyberForceX (1135 posts) -

MechAssault from the original XBOX but made as a HD XBLA game.

#144 Posted by jgould_6 (53 posts) -

KOTOR!

#145 Posted by Cpt_Amurrica (23 posts) -
Halo 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 Half life series Final Fantasy VII Portal 2
#146 Posted by sukraj (23023 posts) -

Halo

#147 Posted by Ricardomz (2329 posts) -

Out of all: World of Warcraft

On the Xbox: Fallout 3

#148 Posted by jgould_6 (53 posts) -
[QUOTE="Cpt_Amurrica"]Halo 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 Half life series Final Fantasy VII Portal 2

FFVIII@!!!!
#149 Posted by EternalStutter (68 posts) -

I'd add Vice city to my list

#150 Posted by parazels (42 posts) -
Oh, it's so difficult to pick out just a one game here! Dino Crisis 1 - I played it for weeks! The best dino game ever (IMHO). Silent Hill 1. Yes it was really terribly, when you wound up in the school or hospital.