NEW YEAR! Jan 2015 GwG games. 1 Xbone GWG game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

http://news.xbox.com/2014/12/games-start-the-new-year-off-with-some-sweet-games-with-gold

For the month of January, Xbox Live Gold members can look forward to three new free games on Xbox One and Xbox 360 [one for Xbone; two for 360].

---

Xbone:

January we get one new game for Xbone: D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die ( 77/100 metascore, $14.99.) One concern I have is I read there are more Xbones sold without Kinect and I fear they may not be able to enjoy the title fully. That would be a shame if true. I read it works without Kinect but it's clumsy, but if anyone bought the game on the recent sale and want's to give a breakdown on the "Kinect"-ability of the game,, please feel free to post for the rest of us. I'll be downloading D4 either way soon enough.

D4 isn't bad (it's not great, but not bad according to critics), resting at a 77/100 at metacritic. I know it was on sale recently, but I had some friends say mixed things so I waited. I'm glad it's free, I will be downloading it to check it out. Disappointed with the ONE NEW XBONE game though. This is the six month only delivering one new GWG Xbone game. It is supposed to be two new GwG games a month when they announced the GWG Xbone service in June. They should definitely try get back to the two games. I've heard mixed things from good friends on D4, so I'll check that out. I passed up sales on it recently. There is no other title for Xbone GWG, so hopefully D4 is something I like for the month.

January's single Xbone GWG title announced so far, "D4", will mark the 10th free GwG game for free on Xbone's Xbox Live GWG Service.

360:

2011's MX vs. ATV Alive (63/100 metascore, $19.99 ): Available from January 1-15 on Xbox 360. Not-So-Great game.

2011's The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (88/100 metascore, $29.99): Available from January 16-31 on Xbox 360. Fantastic game.

My opinion on the 360 games? I own 2011's Witcher 2 on PC and 360 and imo that's a great game. I bought it twice! If you guys have a 360 still and didn't play this title back in the day, check it out. I don't care for racer games (MX vs. ATV Alive) but apparently 2011's MX is terrible with a 63/100 metascore. Thankfully Witcher is a good game to balance out the stinker.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Eh, still not of my liking, but the 360 selection is nice for someone who hasn't played Witcher 2 yet.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I was just about to get D4 until I saw this, had set aside money to make the purchase, so glad I didn't though. Maybe I'll use the money I was going to use to get this and put it toward Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris instead, or Crimson Dragon, I know they offered Crimson Dragon a few months back so I don't have to worry about that showing up on GwG anytime soon. Maybe I'll wait on full price digital purchases until MS is done with their Countdown to 2015 sales.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidTy

@lamprey263 said:

I was just about to get D4 until I saw this, had set aside money to make the purchase, so glad I didn't though. Maybe I'll use the money I was going to use to get this and put it toward Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris instead, or Crimson Dragon, I know they offered Crimson Dragon a few months back so I don't have to worry about that showing up on GwG anytime soon. Maybe I'll wait on full price digital purchases until MS is done with their Countdown to 2015 sales.

They offered Crimson for multiple months so they most likely won't offer it again...but you aren't missing much.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

@SolidTy said:

They offered Crimson for multiple months so they most likely won't offer it again...but you aren't missing much.

I'm gonna have to find that out for myself. I was a big fan of Panzer Dragoon Orta on the original Xbox, as well as the first two Sega Saturn games, never did play Saga though.

Anyhow, if I don't learn for myself I'm gonna regret never having tried it.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidTy

@lamprey263 said:

@SolidTy said:

I'm gonna have to find that out for myself. I was a big fan of Panzer Dragoon Orta on the original Xbox, as well as the first two Sega Saturn games, never did play Saga though.

Anyhow, if I don't learn for myself I'm gonna regret never having tried it.

I know that feeling...I hope you like it.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolidTy

To all Xbox Live GOLD subscribers:

Don't forget to download your free GWG game on 360 today (right now it's Mx vs.) and the free GWG game on Xbone (it's D4).

@BattleSpectre said:

Eh, still not of my liking, but the 360 selection is nice for someone who hasn't played Witcher 2 yet.

I agree, Witcher 2 was a cool game. I was glad to read Witcher 3 is a new gen title as well (only for PC/PS4/Xbone and not cross gen for PS360).

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#9 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Watcher 2 was my favorite RPG on 360. But I own both on PC now. I'll get d4