Can't believe I'm actually in here.
Owned an Xbox last gen, hated the hardware issues with mine (yes, yes I know the PS2 had more issues). Got a PS3 on launch day and while it did last 5 years, didn't appreciate it dying out on me all of a sudden. Back into gaming with a brand new Xbox360 now! (the irony is that I avoided the Xbox360 for hardware issues and lo and behold, that's how my PS3 dies)
Anyway, I'm brand new and was wondering what tips you guys have to get started.
- I do have an HDMI cable from my last system and I know the new Xbox units come with built in wifi.
- I know I should pick up rechargable batteries or a plug and charge kit for the controller.
- I know to keep the console unit at the top of the component stack, to keep it cool, and to regularly clean out with compressed air (perhaps lack of care is why my PS3 conked out)
- I know I will have to purchase Xbox Live Gold for online play
- I know there's an option to install games to the HDD for the Xbox360 for smoother play. (I'm perhaps not the truest enthusiast gamer. Really purchased the system for BO2 zombies play and NBA 2k series offline/online play)
Anything else I need to know to get started?
Thanks, can't wait to get started here :)